ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2013, 07:07 AM   #4606
jgormley
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 625
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgormley View Post
If you are going Saturday morning, I could meet you somewhere along the way..

Pick a spot to meet up in N or NW RI if you are...
Opps... It is only on Sunday... cancel that...
Old 09-06-2013, 06:50 PM   #4607
stromper
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 260
No your doing it wrong

Bring a truck and cash and adopt
stromper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 04:21 PM   #4608
stromper
Gnarly Adventurer

NOW for something completely different
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=906568
actually not but here ya go

If any of you go I could use some tracks for to my Vstrom rally next year
Old 09-23-2013, 01:31 AM   #4609
Turtledub
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 297
If I miss something good it's cause I'm not here. Off for another section of the Delaware River.
Turtledub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 06:53 AM   #4610
Rhode trip
guided by voices

Oddometer: 565
Enjoy!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
Rhode trip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:29 PM   #4611
stromper
Gnarly Adventurer

Anybody interested in a Pachuag ride this Saturday 10/3 ?

Me and my TW

Oh well I guess the cool kids have moved on. over and out

stromper screwed with this post 10-04-2013 at 01:55 PM
Old 10-09-2013, 10:15 PM   #4612
No Coast Rider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
I tried Pachaug today on my Tiger 800 from Spaulding/Dow rd. I read on the DEP website that it was a gravel/dirt road for street legal bikes, so I had assumed it was perfect for big ADV bikes. How wrong I was! I got about 3 miles in and nearly dumped it several times until I got to that really rocky drop off the face of the earth section. Decided to turn around there, hope I didn't do too much damage to my clutch, I was burnin it up in there!

Does anyone have any info on some ADV bike accessible roads around this area? I've started working my way through the hundreds of pages here for some info, but any shortcuts would be appreciated.
No Coast Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 02:37 AM   #4613
akarob
Green Cantern

Oddometer: 7,134
Most of the loop is passable on a big bike, but there are certainly some spots that I wouldn't want to take anything more than a 650cc on. There's not much single track and the trails are pretty rocky and steep.

There are also a lot of dirt roads in the area. More than you think. Mt Misery and Arcadia have a nice network of dirt roads to cruise around on and enjoy. Any map will have them shown.
akarob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 08:44 AM   #4614
No Coast Rider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by akarob View Post
Most of the loop is passable on a big bike, but there are certainly some spots that I wouldn't want to take anything more than a 650cc on. There's not much single track and the trails are pretty rocky and steep.

There are also a lot of dirt roads in the area. More than you think. Mt Misery and Arcadia have a nice network of dirt roads to cruise around on and enjoy. Any map will have them shown.
I'll have to head back out that way next time I have a day off with nice weather and do some more exploring. The entrance from Spaulding was super rocky, I'm ok with gravel, even deep gravel, but this was huge rocks. There were a few more open dirty and sandy areas that were a lot of fun though. Where are there other entrances to the Pachaug trail where I can find easier sections?

There was a lot of flooding there yesterday, most of which I could get around, but at one point it as too deep and muddy for my Scorpions and I had no way around, so that's where I headed back.

I read about Arcadia on here yesterday and will check that out for sure very soon.
No Coast Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 08:52 AM   #4615
jgormley
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Coast Rider View Post
I'll have to head back out that way next time I have a day off with nice weather and do some more exploring. The entrance from Spaulding was super rocky, I'm ok with gravel, even deep gravel, but this was huge rocks. There were a few more open dirty and sandy areas that were a lot of fun though. Where are there other entrances to the Pachaug trail where I can find easier sections?

There was a lot of flooding there yesterday, most of which I could get around, but at one point it as too deep and muddy for my Scorpions and I had no way around, so that's where I headed back.

I read about Arcadia on here yesterday and will check that out for sure very soon.
The Chida Run would be good BBF ride to see most of the good roads in Rhode Island... I am looking to attend depending on weather and last minute commitments...

They just posted a gpx, so you could ride the east side of the track to the start, and return back to ct using the west side... down to paw choog...

Anyone else considering this?

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=924546
Old 10-12-2013, 12:58 PM   #4616
loph917
Beard Bros Racing

Oddometer: 4,056
i was just going to throw this up. but you beat me to it. the price is right for this one!

i was thinking coming over on saturday and possibly riding. maybe a certain central ct'er is willing to show us around his loop. paging alcontrast to the white courtesy phone. maybe allow someone to throw a tent up on the front lawn and then ride over sunday morning and see if we can get dirty?

or maybe just turn it into a mini one-nighter-pachaug camp-n-maybe-ride.

i'm thinkin' i don't want to get up sooper early on saturday so i was thinking a later saturday partial ride - be it pachaug or a central-ct tour. then i'm in the neighborhood of the cidah run for sunday.
Old 10-12-2013, 02:15 PM   #4617
p_funk
Frequently Lost

Oddometer: 389
I may...

I'd be interested in the cidah run. Not sure about my availability on Sat but I'd be happy to meet yous guys on Sunday.
AMA#2890779
NETRA#24973

2003 XR650R, 2008 Yamaha WR250R, 2003 SV1000N
p_funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 02:25 PM   #4618
jgormley
Studly Adventurer

today

Thanks TDub for riding today...
Great weather and conditions...

The MT43 worked out nicely... much more fun going up rocky sections..
Thanks Rob for the recommendation...
Old 10-13-2013, 03:20 PM   #4619
apgamer
n00b

Oddometer: 6
I just moved to the area and have been exploring the roads around here. I was riding through Voluntown this afternooon and spotted a muddy tw200 and a wr250 at the gas station there. I am guessing that was someone on here....... I was riding an orange Kawasaki Z1000. I'm regretting selling my DRZ when I moved here and saw all the trails available
apgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 03:34 PM   #4620
Turtledub
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 297
Your ORANGE bike was certainly admired then and there. We being jgormley and turtledub were inside trying to replenish lost energy to ride home.
Turtledub is offline   Reply With Quote