ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2013, 06:25 AM   #4396
MoBill OP
Smiles when says dat

Oddometer: 13,487
Trixie made me think....Kipper update.

6 months old--and...

I fucking LOVE Crickets:
MoBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 07:00 AM   #4397
wpbarlow
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,374
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoBill View Post
Trixie made me think....Kipper update. 6 months old--and... I fucking LOVE Crickets:

And in the Docking Pilot household, it's the crickets trying to get to Trixie hiding under the couch
wpbarlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:57 AM   #4398
DougZ73
Fading off.........

Oddometer: 6,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoBill View Post
Trixie made me think....Kipper update.

6 months old--and...

I fucking LOVE Crickets:
Nice, my dogs go after anything that enters "their" house....fly, mosquitoes, bees......they are fearless.

outside, they will run after squirrels, but then lose interest as soon as they are on a tree.

Chipmunks and birds..they will sit there and watch, and do nothing, like its freekin tea party.
DougZ73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:00 PM   #4399
DockingPilot
Hooked Up and Hard Over

Oddometer: 9,376
Lol!
She is a proper lady. She doesn't mingle with such outdoor creatures.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk Pro

"Every bike I ever had, was the best bike I ever had, when I had it"
DockingPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 06:17 PM   #4400
DockingPilot
Hooked Up and Hard Over

Oddometer: 9,376
Spectacular weather and evening.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk Pro

"Every bike I ever had, was the best bike I ever had, when I had it"
DockingPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:20 AM   #4401
> 1 BAD HABIT
Zadyma (PL)

Oddometer: 1,270
local road rage incident...
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=923745
link to the full article:
http://us.cnn.com/2013/09/30/us/new-...ndex.html?c=us

> 1 BAD HABIT screwed with this post 10-02-2013 at 10:00 AM Reason: added link
> 1 BAD HABIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:30 AM   #4402
DougZ73
Fading off.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by > 1 BAD HABIT View Post
Don't brake check an SUV and you won't get hit. Don't clog the highways thinking it is your own personal stunting ground, and there would be no issues. Don't surround a poor guy and his family with an angry mob, and not expect him to flee and hit some bikes on the way. Asshats.

This is up there with the "club" rider who hit a horse and rider this weekend n NJ.

Some people should just not be allowed to get a motorcycle license....which I am sure half of them do not even have.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:34 AM   #4403
> 1 BAD HABIT
Zadyma (PL)

Oddometer: 1,270
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougZ73 View Post
Don't brake check an SUV and you won't get hit. Don't clog the highways thinking it is your own personal stunting ground, and there would be no issues. Don't surround a poor guy and his family with an angry mob, and not expect him to flee and hit some bikes on the way. Asshats.

This is up there with the "club" rider who hit a horse and rider this weekend n NJ.

Some people should just not be allowed to get a motorcycle license....which I am sure half of them do not even have.
Agreed. But what would you do if you were behind the steering wheel..?

I don't know what I would do if I was there with my daughter.. I guess the one option would be to stop and hope the bozos would move on (I don't think they would be smashing windows with helmets if the driver didn't run over few and tried to run away (?)
> 1 BAD HABIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:03 PM   #4404
Buzzbomber
Not Dr. Who...

Oddometer: 1,240
In other news...

I mentioned this to a few of the regulars up at the Chatterbox last week, and promised details. An old friend of mine from my Rutgers days has finally fulfilled a longtime dream of starting his own brewing operation. I'm posting it here in case anybody local likes good beer (kind of a foregone conclusion, eh?) and would like to attend. Details are in the link: http://www.flounderbrewing.com/index.php but the short story is it's this Saturday, October 4th, 12-4pm at the Fox and Hound Tavern in Lebanon, NJ. http://www.foxandhoundtavern.com/home.htm Hope to see you there!
Buzzbomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:17 PM   #4405
DougZ73
Fading off.........

Quote:
Agreed. But what would you do if you were behind the steering wheel..?

I don't know what I would do if I was there with my daughter.. I guess the one option would be to stop and hope the bozos would move on (I don't think they would be smashing windows with helmets if the driver didn't run over few and tried to run away (?)
Yeah, I am seeing it all over the news, and facebook, etc.....and seeing people for both sides.

I have a small child and a wife too. If I felt for a second that anyone was in danger, I would not hesitate to flee and if I ran over some biker gang rejects, so be it. Even if I had a weapon to defend myself....you can only shoot so many before you run out of bullets.

Judging soley based on their actions, riding ability and decisions, and riding gear..I would say that most of them were the bottom of the riding barrel and most likely uneducated, ignorant, and a general danger to society, giving the rest of motorcyclists a bad name...and undeserved bad name.

I can only judge myself and my actions. But I can say I have never used my motorcycle to disrupt traffic, cause accidents, and create high speed chases endangering anyone's lives. I do not even get involved with group rides more than 10 people....typically guys I have ridden with before.

For anyone, it is hard to say what you would do. BUT, like any other accident, I would immediately call the police to report it, and describe the situation. If I felt in danger for my life or my families lives, I would leave the situation through any means necessary.

BTW..that ride was illegal and had no permit for a parade ride( over 12 riders in NJ), according to one of the news stories.

That thread you linked is a 14 page train wreck..so I am not going near it.
Old 10-02-2013, 12:28 PM   #4406
wpbarlow
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,374
Out riding around today. Stopped at a dealer to see if they had something. Saw an FZ9. Not bad.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
wpbarlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:10 PM   #4407
Starchamp
Rebel Scum

Oddometer: 685
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougZ73 View Post
Yeah, I am seeing it all over the news, and facebook, etc.....and seeing people for both sides.

I have a small child and a wife too. If I felt for a second that anyone was in danger, I would not hesitate to flee and if I ran over some biker gang rejects, so be it. Even if I had a weapon to defend myself....you can only shoot so many before you run out of bullets.

Judging soley based on their actions, riding ability and decisions, and riding gear..I would say that most of them were the bottom of the riding barrel and most likely uneducated, ignorant, and a general danger to society, giving the rest of motorcyclists a bad name...and undeserved bad name.

I can only judge myself and my actions. But I can say I have never used my motorcycle to disrupt traffic, cause accidents, and create high speed chases endangering anyone's lives. I do not even get involved with group rides more than 10 people....typically guys I have ridden with before.

For anyone, it is hard to say what you would do. BUT, like any other accident, I would immediately call the police to report it, and describe the situation. If I felt in danger for my life or my families lives, I would leave the situation through any means necessary.

BTW..that ride was illegal and had no permit for a parade ride( over 12 riders in NJ), according to one of the news stories.
Other details about the story continue to emerge...too bad about the guy who got run over, but as the cops tried to make arrests based on the license plates in the video and other photos, turns out a lot of the bikes were stolen, or had swapped plates from other bikes. Definitely dregs. NYC DA not pressing charges on the chump fisting the rear driver-side door, and "reluctantly" pressed charges against the guy who brake-checked to make the SUV stop. Crazy world.

Starchamp screwed with this post 10-02-2013 at 06:54 PM
Starchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:31 PM   #4408
DougZ73
Fading off.........

Crazy world indeed.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-02-2013, 07:19 PM   #4409
MoBill OP
Smiles when says dat