Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2012, 08:02 AM   #811
Mr. Canoehead
Taste Gunnels!

Oddometer: 1,442
Thanks for the response. Wow, 4 yrs? It did sit on my shelf for a while before I put it in, but I didn't think it was that long.

I'll snap a photo and send it to you.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

"No matter how many [internet] opinions you line up, you can't vote nonsense into truth"- Kevin Cameron
Mr. Canoehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 04:05 PM   #812
tzabcan
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Question Auxiliary HID set

Sorry if this has been asked before, but here goes. I'd like to mount two of your auxiliary HID lights into the headlight area of my '02 F650GS Dakar. I like the look of the Touratech Twin DE Projector Lights (http://www.touratech-usa.com/Store/P...w-F650GS-01-04) but I think the price is ridiculous and I've heard the performance isn't great.
It seems like it wouldn't be terribly difficult to make some sort of bracket to hold both of the HID auxiliary lights (http://www.futurevisionhid.com/produ...light-kit.html) in the space where the headlight used to be. Any thoughts on this? Are they the ideal product for this type of application or do you have something better suited?

Has anybody tried anything like this before to get two projectors into the headlight area?

Also, would it be possible to wire one of the two lights to function as the low beam and have the high beam be activated by the stock low/high switch on my handlebars?

Thanks!
tzabcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:19 PM   #813
Mr. Canoehead
Taste Gunnels!

Oddometer: 1,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by tzabcan View Post
Sorry if this has been asked before, but here goes. I'd like to mount two of your auxiliary HID lights into the headlight area of my '02 F650GS Dakar. I like the look of the Touratech Twin DE Projector Lights (http://www.touratech-usa.com/Store/P...w-F650GS-01-04) but I think the price is ridiculous and I've heard the performance isn't great.
It seems like it wouldn't be terribly difficult to make some sort of bracket to hold both of the HID auxiliary lights (http://www.futurevisionhid.com/produ...light-kit.html) in the space where the headlight used to be. Any thoughts on this? Are they the ideal product for this type of application or do you have something better suited?

Has anybody tried anything like this before to get two projectors into the headlight area?

Also, would it be possible to wire one of the two lights to function as the low beam and have the high beam be activated by the stock low/high switch on my handlebars?

Thanks!
Colebatch did this on his X-Challenge build. He used hid projectors from a car.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=524638

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

"No matter how many [internet] opinions you line up, you can't vote nonsense into truth"- Kevin Cameron
Mr. Canoehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:15 AM   #814
ck1
n00b

Oddometer: 1
so after reading alot of threads, I have to ask, is it hard to install them? Should I get the dealer to do it? Has anyone replaced one one buld versus both in a VStrom?
ck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:11 PM   #815
futurevisionhid.com OP
The Light King

Oddometer: 431
Quote:
Originally Posted by ck1 View Post
so after reading alot of threads, I have to ask, is it hard to install them? Should I get the dealer to do it? Has anyone replaced one one buld versus both in a VStrom?
I dont have experience installing on a vstrom myself but others may be able to comment. The biggest challenge typically is the disassembly process to gain access to the bulbs, after that its pretty straight forward to do the conversion.
futurevisionhid.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:54 AM   #816
squawk77
Dreamer

Oddometer: 493
Good day Bruno, I was trying to figure out on your website where you are in Canada?

I'm looking for a 35W 4300k slim setup for a 2012 F800GS. I searched out all the posts here about CANbus but some of the info is maybe outdated. An old post said you always recommend using a relay on a motorbike but I also read it can cause an error with the CANbus. What's the advantage of the relay?

Thanks
Old 01-20-2013, 09:32 AM   #817
jachard
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 606
Quote:
Originally Posted by squawk77 View Post
Good day Bruno, I was trying to figure out on your website where you are in Canada?

I'm looking for a 35W 4300k slim setup for a 2012 F800GS. I searched out all the posts here about CANbus but some of the info is maybe outdated. An old post said you always recommend using a relay on a motorbike but I also read it can cause an error with the CANbus. What's the advantage of the relay?

Thanks

Timely post, I just purchased a 1012 R1200GS with CANBUS and want to know what I'll need to upgrade and what is the difference from a conventional kit.
Cheers, James

http://octaneworks.wordpress.com/
jachard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:23 PM   #818
futurevisionhid.com OP
The Light King

We are located in Friendly Manitoba.

Relay kits:
Some motorcycles with Canbus will work with a relay, others wont. I dont exactly understand why that is but typically just using the canbus ballast solves the error. Our relay kits are made with heavy gauge wire and offer a direct connection to the battery to ensure a reliable start every time, and it wont strain the factory wiring. Occasionally when not using a relay, a user may find they have to turn the lights off and back on when first starting them, not typical but can happen. BMW's have plenty of power and in most cases shouldn't be required but I usually recommend them especially for motorcycle applications for a more robust, reliable system. Everything has water-tight connections and a simple plug-n-play design so installation is quick and easy with or without the relay kit.

We now have 35W and 50W Canbus ballasts compatible with BMW's. Most models 2009 and up will get a warning indicator with normal ballasts and/or may not function at all. Email me direct if you need help sorting out the options.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:55 AM   #819
squawk77
Dreamer

Oddometer: 493
Ok, that makes sense. I didn't understand what I relay was even though I have hard wired accessories to the battery before. Worst case I'm used to ignoring "error" lights anyways

I've camped in northern Manitoba this time of the year before! I was still motorbiking a few weeks ago but with 1 inch of snow now I give it a break haha
Old 01-22-2013, 08:15 AM   #820
futurevisionhid.com OP
The Light King

Quote:
Originally Posted by squawk77 View Post
Ok, that makes sense. I didn't understand what I relay was even though I have hard wired accessories to the battery before. Worst case I'm used to ignoring "error" lights anyways

I've camped in northern Manitoba this time of the year before! I was still motorbiking a few weeks ago but with 1 inch of snow now I give it a break haha
Camping at this time of year could be interesting! We are at -30C at the moment!

If you have any other questions, let me know.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:32 AM   #821
futurevisionhid.com OP
The Light King

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzabcan View Post

Thanks!
Apparently I missed this post, sorry! The wiring/switching, low/high can be configured in any way you want, just let us know and we will set it up the way you want it.

How about something like this for mounting?
Old 02-28-2013, 05:59 PM   #822
futurevisionhid.com OP
The Light King

Overstock and Clearance Sale (Ends Mar.16th)

Hello all! Been a long time since this thread has been moving along.

A lot of people having been asking for a long time about any upcoming sales and its been quite some time since we have had one, but its finally come! Everything from LED lights, to HID Kits to Projector Headlights to Auxiliary Lights on sale now!

Sale is posted on this thread:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...php?p=20835323

or click the following link to go directly to the sale page:
http://www.futurevisionhid.com/2013-Overstock-Sale.html

Some items not listed so if there is something you cant find send me an email direct.

All items are below the ADVrider discount price so no need to use any coupon code!
Old 03-08-2013, 10:01 AM   #823
futurevisionhid.com OP
The Light King

Happy Friday all

Sale prices on for one more week, with some items already out of stock!

Anybody looking for a lighting upgrade? Send me a message, I've got some great deals awaiting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by futurevisionhid.com View Post
Hello all! Been a long time since this thread has been moving along.

A lot of people having been asking for a long time about any upcoming sales and its been quite some time since we have had one, but its finally come! Everything from LED lights, to HID Kits to Projector Headlights to Auxiliary Lights on sale now!

Sale is posted on this thread:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...php?p=20835323

or click the following link to go directly to the sale page:
http://www.futurevisionhid.com/2013-Overstock-Sale.html

Some items not listed so if there is something you cant find send me an email direct.

All items are below the ADVrider discount price so no need to use any coupon code!
Old 10-03-2013, 06:09 AM   #824
futurevisionhid.com OP
The Light King

Hello Adventure Rider World! This thread sure has been very quiet for some time.

I know the trend is now LED, and we are cautiously steering in that direction and introducing some fantastic new LED products. No doubt it will replace HID eventually for headlights and add-on auxiliary lighting systems. However cost per lumen, HID still is a lot more affordable than the high end LED's available. And as far as drop in replacement bulbs go, even the absolute best LEDs cant match the HID for performance plus the cost is still out of reach for most at this point, but things are moving in the right direction.

We are going to start phasing out some of the rarely used HID/LED systems we have in stock and replace them with the latest generation systems we have been testing. To kick start that, nearly everything in-stock has been discounted to prices we have never had before. These sale prices will last for the entire month of October, or until stock is out on any particular item. Up to 75% on some items! No need for any discount codes, just find the item your interested in and the sale price is already listed.
Any questions or custom requirements, you know I'm always here to assist. Gday all!
Old 12-01-2013, 03:22 PM   #825
futurevisionhid.com OP
The Light King

Cyber Monday!

Seems a lot of guys missed the October sale, so here is another one day blowout on a lot of items, not everything on sale is listed on this page so browse around the website or contact me directly if there is anything you might be looking for.

http://www.futurevisionhid.com/2013-...nday-Sale.html