Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2013, 09:05 PM   #271
Bluebull2007
Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,920
Quote:
Originally Posted by skidrow View Post
My family and I got home today. With a lot of reflection about the australasian safari rally, it was amazing! It lived up to its tough reputation and while i did not finish i would still say it was successful just not complete. It was exactly what I wanted to have a crack at and had I not I would have regretted that. My friends especially, Cameron Welsh who put together my incredible bike that was perfect until some bad luck ( stator failed, oem front wheel failed, and a few crashes, sorry). Friends like him gave me a lot of confidence with their help and support. Like wise the ADV crowds' awesome support ( thanks Sun Downer for letting me take your yamaha for a spin, its awesome). We had such a good time thanks to the rally personnel, medical team and racing teams (CPW, DMC Rally, Team TCR, Porteous Racing / Hutchy Racing, Trans Vent Racing, Plan B Racing). The teams and rally personnel hospitality and sportsmanship is off the charts. Guys like Jim of Cpw, Ryan Ingram of Ktm, Ken another adv rider, Jaybo, Sylvia would check up on my family and I. Everyone in the bivouac was so friendly that we felt privileged to be there with them. One competitor specifically was bigger than life and made you feel like you had know him for years even though we just met him at the beginning of the week. My condolences to family and freinds of Ivan Erceg, he will be missed. Congratulations to the finishers, they earned it! Cheers
Very proud of your effort buddy!! I hope to read a blow by blow account of what went down...

I got my t-shirt BTW, thanks!
Bluebull2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 12:35 PM   #272
Maineroot
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 127
Ryan- glad o to hear you made it back to tell the story! Looking forward to hearing more about the experience. Keep up the hard work.

P.S. wore my shirt today.... that thing is cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidrow View Post
My family and I got home today. With a lot of reflection about the australasian safari rally, it was amazing! It lived up to its tough reputation and while i did not finish i would still say it was successful just not complete. It was exactly what I wanted to have a crack at and had I not I would have regretted that. My friends especially, Cameron Welsh who put together my incredible bike that was perfect until some bad luck ( stator failed, oem front wheel failed, and a few crashes, sorry). Friends like him gave me a lot of confidence with their help and support. Like wise the ADV crowds' awesome support ( thanks Sun Downer for letting me take your yamaha for a spin, its awesome). We had such a good time thanks to the rally personnel, medical team and racing teams (CPW, DMC Rally, Team TCR, Porteous Racing / Hutchy Racing, Trans Vent Racing, Plan B Racing). The teams and rally personnel hospitality and sportsmanship is off the charts. Guys like Jim of Cpw, Ryan Ingram of Ktm, Ken another adv rider, Jaybo, Sylvia would check up on my family and I. Everyone in the bivouac was so friendly that we felt privileged to be there with them. One competitor specifically was bigger than life and made you feel like you had know him for years even though we just met him at the beginning of the week. My condolences to family and freinds of Ivan Erceg, he will be missed. Congratulations to the finishers, they earned it! Cheers
#34 MX1K
TEAM GREENWOOD
Maine Root Handcrafted Beverages, Darco Boot, ATOMIC MOTO,
Klim Riding Gear, Flex Bars, Seat Concepts Seats, CJ DESIGNS PEGS, FORMA
BOOTS, Tj's Cycle, Austin TX
Maineroot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 03:16 PM   #273
Dakar Dan
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 901
Another awesome Safari. Great to see Yamaha do well at last and well done to all competitors and teams. They have all demonstrated outstanding efforts in preparation, courage and perseverance especially in light of the sobering loss of Ivan.

Good luck to Shane Deiner for Dakar. If he wants to look for fund-raising inspiration then Neduro, Pyndon and others here have shown that the ADV community is pretty supportive of such endeavours.

Thanks again to Troy and Sylvia for providing such colourful insights into the rallye world we all aspire to.