Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2013, 01:21 PM   #1
angryspidermonkey OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
Bike Stuck in Thai Customs! HELP!

Hey,

My fiancee and I have traded the motorcycle for a bicycle to travel across Asia. (The site is a bit outdated, but here's the info www.AnUncommonSenseOfAdventure.com) We shipped her bicycle via FedEx to the sister of a friend in Bangkok. Only too late did we discover that they will not release the bicycle without a payment of $1000 since they consider it as being sold, as opposed to sent for our personal use.

We fly out to Bangkok tomorrow, but at this point the bike is stuck and no matter what we do, we can't seem to fix it. $1000 would knock a huge hole in our budget, plus it's maddening to pay most of the value of the bike to get your own bike back! I'm wondering if anyone here has any contacts or advice regarding this. All we know to do at this point is try to convince them in person that the bike is not for sale, but for personal use.

Does anyone have any connections in Bangkok customs? Wisdom? Please PM me!

Mike

angryspidermonkey screwed with this post 10-04-2013 at 01:32 PM
angryspidermonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 03:46 PM   #2
canoli
human

Oddometer: 1,479
Quote:
Originally Posted by angryspidermonkey View Post
Hey,

My fiancee and I have traded the motorcycle for a bicycle to travel across Asia. (The site is a bit outdated, but here's the info www.AnUncommonSenseOfAdventure.com) We shipped her bicycle via FedEx to the sister of a friend in Bangkok. Only too late did we discover that they will not release the bicycle without a payment of $1000 since they consider it as being sold, as opposed to sent for our personal use.

We fly out to Bangkok tomorrow, but at this point the bike is stuck and no matter what we do, we can't seem to fix it. $1000 would knock a huge hole in our budget, plus it's maddening to pay most of the value of the bike to get your own bike back! I'm wondering if anyone here has any contacts or advice regarding this. All we know to do at this point is try to convince them in person that the bike is not for sale, but for personal use.

Does anyone have any connections in Bangkok customs? Wisdom? Please PM me!

Mike
Offer them $500 and see what happens.
canoli is offline   Reply With Quote