ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central – From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2013, 05:05 PM   #3151
oPAULo
jack of all terrain

Oddometer: 3,850
DRZ would fit you well. Get a nice seat and ride it anywhere forever and always. Amen.
oPAULo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 09:33 PM   #3152
Don Coyote
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,130
Finally got my rotor delivered and took the Dakar to Sharers. Still trying to figure out a rear brake problem, but have had a great all around experience with them. They managed to salvage the mangled front rim and it rolls beautifully again. The shop manager Nathan has taken the time to talk to me helpfully about anything i ask and gave me back the bike with a bunch of little details taken care of. Exactly what i expect from a good mechanic and have been unable to find around Madison or Milwaukee until now.

BTW they did lose the Triumph connection recently because Triumph has gone hardcore corporate sellout and it would have bankrupted them to do all of the little 'boutique' touches that were demanded to remain a dealer. These are just some dudes doing excellent work on cycles in a big old barn, not many frills there...

Don Coyote screwed with this post 11-25-2013 at 10:15 PM
Don Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 06:38 AM   #3153
Dave in Wi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Coyote View Post
Finally got my rotor delivered and took the Dakar to Sharers. They managed to salvage the mangled front rim and it rolls beautifully again....
Now that is good news.
1988 DT50
"Daddy, it's five o'clock sometime!"
Dave in Wi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 11:51 AM   #3154
InTheMuck
So it goes...

Oddometer: 323
Quote:
Finally got my rotor delivered and took the Dakar to Sharers. Still trying to figure out a rear brake problem, but have had a great all around experience with them. They managed to salvage the mangled front rim and it rolls beautifully again. The shop manager Nathan has taken the time to talk to me helpfully about anything i ask and gave me back the bike with a bunch of little details taken care of. Exactly what i expect from a good mechanic and have been unable to find around Madison or Milwaukee until now.

BTW they did lose the Triumph connection recently because Triumph has gone hardcore corporate sellout and it would have bankrupted them to do all of the effeminate little 'boutique' touches that were demanded to remain a dealer. These are just some dudes doing excellent work on cycles in a big old barn, not many frills there...
Great to hear they are still wrenching!

“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list."
InTheMuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 12:23 AM   #3155
Don Coyote
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheMuck View Post
Great to hear they are still wrenching!
Nathan mentioned that the owner has been in poor healthe lately, and that they might end up selling the current property to Epic if the price is right, but it sounds like they will remain a functional shop for the indefinite future...
Old 10-11-2013, 07:23 PM   #3156
OU812
Legend in my own Mind!

Oddometer: 8,844
Quote:

BTW they did lose the Triumph connection recently because Triumph has gone hardcore corporate sellout and it would have bankrupted them to do all of the effeminate little 'boutique' touches that were demanded to remain a dealer. These are just some dudes doing excellent work on cycles in a big old barn, not many frills there...
Great to have a good service dealer around.
Far and few between.
OU812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 11:26 AM   #3157
falconati
baller

Oddometer: 651
Nate is the absolute best.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:27 AM   #3158
LoJack
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,404
Any of you know a good shop to get some custom throttle cables made? I need about 2" more on my g450x so they don't get smashed between the steering damper and a Safari tank I'm installing.

Thanks!
LoJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:42 AM   #3159
BENRON
I'm Mr. Crabtree

Oddometer: 3,528
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoJack View Post
Any of you know a good shop to get some custom throttle cables made? I need about 2" more on my g450x so they don't get smashed between the steering damper and a Safari tank I'm installing.

Thanks!
Joe Stoppleworth near Lomira makes cables. C Squared lives near him and should have his contact info. I lost Joe's card.
BENRON is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 11:37 AM   #3160
LoJack
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENRON View Post
Joe Stoppleworth near Lomira makes cables. C Squared lives near him and should have his contact info. I lost Joe's card.
Thanks Ben, I'll look him up.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:50 AM   #3161
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 12,793
Quote:
Thanks Ben, I'll look him up.
PM sent.
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 11:18 AM   #3162
snowjob
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 579
Quote:

Thanks!
Make your own! Look it up on YouTube. After two tries, the cables for the kids bike work great.
snowjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 01:53 PM   #3163
LoJack
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowjob View Post
Make your own! Look it up on YouTube. After two tries, the cables for the kids bike work great.
I'm told Motorcycle Performance is a good bet, and it's a hell of a lot closer than Stoppy, but you can't beat your own garage! Thanks, Snowy, I'll look into it.
Old 10-25-2013, 10:05 AM   #3164
Don Coyote
Beastly Adventurer

I know i can't post someone else's stuff on fleabay here, but i'm just looking for advice for a housemate on a fair price. He has a '90 K75 with 15000 he wants to sell. He has never ridden it much and feels he is getting too old for riding. It has been stored outside under a cover. He laid it down once on the right and it has a cracked (functional) turn signal, a banged up (functional) hard saddlebag, and a scrape on the engine case from it. He says it has an Ohlins but it is leaking, probably dried seals from lack of use.

Motorcycle Performance offered him $500 straight up, but with a Kelly trade in of $1750 that sounds like a bit of a lowball to me...
Old 10-25-2013, 10:15 AM   #3165
LoJack
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
I know i can't post someone else's stuff on fleabay here, but i'm just looking for advice for a housemate on a fair price. He has a '90 K75 with 15000 he wants to sell. He has never ridden it much and feels he is getting too old for riding. It has been stored outside under a cover. He laid it down once on the right and it has a cracked (functional) turn signal, a banged up (functional) hard saddlebag, and a scrape on the engine case from it. He says it has an Ohlins but it is leaking, probably dried seals from lack of use.

Motorcycle Performance offered him $500 straight up, but with a Kelly trade in of $1750 that sounds like a bit of a lowball to me...
Considering MP would probably put a bit of work into it, that seems normal (maybe a little low) for a shop to offer. These bikes don't have a great resale value. Had a friend with one in very good condition and he only got $2k for it. Have him put it on CL and try to get what he can.