ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2013, 08:30 AM   #5941
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food

Oddometer: 4,157
I wanted to head up north on a ride today but its still raining. Dang. I guess pizza and the Lions are the order of the day. Good weather coming later this week. I have the whole week off as usual. Must get in a bike ride or kayak float before my exodus south. You guys have a safe trip home today.
exoff-roadgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 12:42 PM   #5942
epix1718
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 706
Made it to kzoo. Stopped at a friend's and no rain! Tossing the wet clothing in the dryer then heading to Sturgis.
85 Yamaha BIG Wheel 200 & 88 BIG Wheel 350
Travel Blog: http://peteandluna.wordpress.com/
epix1718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 02:10 PM   #5943
CharlieT
old school

Oddometer: 1,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentnothstine View Post
. They are getting hammered.
Literally & figuratively.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Checke...22319847810910
CharlieT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 02:20 PM   #5944
CharlieT
old school

Cut off from the group at Mesick, hit 115, and headed over to Cadillac to catch 131 to make some better time. Rained most all the way and the temp dropped to 55deg. Even behind the fairing on the 'wing, wet clothes+rain+55deg at 70-75mph does wonder for you body temp. I need to figure out a remote steering device so I could have buttoned up the hack and driven from there.

Old 10-06-2013, 02:25 PM   #5945
Thanantos
Ride hard.

Oddometer: 3,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieT View Post
Literally & figuratively.
I managed this. That damn Godfather creeps up on ya

BTW, I have heard from everyone except BioMedGuy (Jesse) that they made it home safe.

Well, mostly anyway. As I pulled into my driveway spitandsputter had about 50 more feet to go to pull into his. As long as he didn't crash into his garage he's probably ok

2013 V-Strom
Thanantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 02:31 PM   #5946
Thanantos
Ride hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poweranger View Post
Hey it was nice to meet everyone. Can't wait until the next ride. I made it back by 4 and only hit light rain and some fog. So how was the lunch? The radar doesn't look good up there right now.
Nice to meet you too man. I'll get in touch with you and Pete this week to set up an Allegan ride.

BTW, lunch was really good. If you ever ride the Tunnel of Trees and are tired of Legg's Inn try Moose Jaw Junction just a few miles away. Good food and good people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by two trackin fool View Post
I hear its a bad one . Supose to hit the Thumb tonight and tomarro during Race Day .......
The ride to camp on Saturday was probably the most dangerous thing I have ever done on a motorcycle. It was ridiculous.

2013 V-Strom

Thanantos screwed with this post 10-06-2013 at 02:50 PM
Old 10-06-2013, 02:51 PM   #5947
spitandsputter
Adventurer

Oddometer: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanantos View Post
I managed this. That damn Godfather creeps up on ya

BTW, I have heard from everyone except BioMedGuy (Jesse) that they made it home safe.

Well, mostly anyway. As I pulled into my driveway spitandsputter had about 50 more feet to go to pull into his. As long as he didn't crash into his garage he's probably ok
No worries, I made it! That was a wet and miserable and probably life threatening ride. But I had a RIOT!! Thanks for having me, it as great meeting everybody!
Old 10-06-2013, 03:52 PM   #5948
CharlieT
old school

[QUOTE=Thanantos;22493379]. That damn Godfather creeps up on ya

[/QUOTE}

Shots of Gentleman Jack with Godfather chasers can definitely take its toll.

BTW folks, apologies for those blurry pics Than took. It was my fault. In the condition he was in I'm sure they looked to be in focus to him.

Old 10-06-2013, 04:19 PM   #5949
GatSS
Canadian eh

Oddometer: 270
Thumb

Quote:
I'll get in touch with you and Pete this week to set up an Allegan ride.
Allegan ride...
2009 CRF50
GatSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 04:20 PM   #5950
Thanantos
Ride hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatSS View Post
Allegan ride...
Sweet! Mat's in!

2013 V-Strom
Old 10-06-2013, 04:37 PM   #5951
CharlieT
old school

Not to forget her, but Stephanie said she is reporting in that she made it home safe, dry and toasty warm.

Old 10-06-2013, 05:29 PM   #5952
Thanantos
Ride hard.

I'd NEVER forget Steph!

I just naturally assumed her invincible. A check of her condition would be folly.

2013 V-Strom
Old 10-06-2013, 06:29 PM   #5953
simbaboy
Lansing MBS

Oddometer: 601
I am in too

Quote:
Sweet! Mat's in!
When are you thinking?
Imu
simbaboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:19 PM   #5954
Thanantos
Ride hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simbaboy View Post
When are you thinking?
Imu
First off, this was a ride kind of designed for Poweranger's Tiger 800 so mostly hard pack, not the sand we ran through before but anyone is welcome.

I'm off this week Wednesday and Thursday the 9th and 10th of October and available during the day from 8 to around 3:30.

The week after I'm off Monday the 14th, Tuesday the 15th and Friday the 18th the same hours. I have the weekend off, but I have to acquire daycare.

If any of those dates work give a shout.

P.S. While on our most recent ride (to be detailed later) Tim offered to bring a group through the trails up there over a 3 day weekend so stand by for a spring off road ride coming up!

2013 V-Strom
Old 10-07-2013, 12:28 AM   #5955
Poweranger
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 524
Quote:
Nice to meet you too man. I'll get in touch with you and Pete this week to set up an Allegan ride.

BTW, lunch was really good. If you ever ride the Tunnel of Trees and are tired of Legg's Inn try Moose Jaw Junction just a few miles away. Good food and good people.

The ride to camp on Saturday was probably the most dangerous thing I have ever done on a motorcycle. It was ridiculous.
Glad to hear everyone made it home safe. It sucks I had to miss the ride and lunch but it sounds like I wouldn't have missed the rain. Anyway it was a good thing I came home Saturday because I didn't have Sunday off work. I thought I scheduled Fri-Sun off but it was only Fri-Sat off. I just got home from a 12 hour day. What a surprise that would have been answering the phone in Interlochen Sunday morning with a two hour call to be at work in Jackson.

So anyway who had the best waterproof tent? Any of them float away during the day? Did you make the M22 route on the way home?

Quote:
First off, this was a ride kind of designed for Poweranger's Tiger 800 so mostly hard pack, not the sand we ran through before but anyone is welcome.

I'm off this week Wednesday and Thursday the 9th and 10th of October and available during the day from 8 to around 3:30.

The week after I'm off Monday the 14th, Tuesday the 15th and Friday the 18th the same hours. I have the weekend off, but I have to acquire daycare.

If any of those dates work give a shout.

P.S. While on our most recent ride (to be detailed later) Tim offered to bring a group through the trails up there over a 3 day weekend so stand by for a spring off road ride coming up!
I'm working six days this week. I could be off Monday 14th or the weekend of the 19th. Wait for Pete to chime in here and see what he can do.

Poweranger is online now   Reply With Quote