Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Trip Planning > EMEA
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2013, 11:34 AM   #1
forman103 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 54
Route recommendation/places to camp - Poland to Montenegro.

Hi all,

I'm planning a trip towards Montenegro, starting first week of October.
In short... I want to bike quickly from Krakow, Poland to Slovenia and spent time riding south along the Adriatic sea coast towards Montenegro, then looping back north inland towards Serbia, Hungary, Slovakia and back home..
If you know of any good places to camp/stay/visit in Slovenia, coastal Croatia/Bosnia/Montenegro/Serbia/Hungary/Slovakia just let me know. I'm open for suggestions .

Thanks,

forman
forman103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 01:32 PM   #2
Frgich
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 808
Suggestions as follows:

Croatia: Plitvicka lakes, Zadar, Trogir, Split, Ston and Peljesac peninsula (if there's time visit island of Korcula (Marko Polo is believed was born there), then continue to Dubrovnik, and the bay of Kotor (there you can visit small town along the bay: Risan, Perast etc, and of there's time visit small town of Rijeka Crnojevica that is more upwards positioned in inland part of Monte Negro.
As for coastal part in BiH don't miss Sarajevo, it's magical town and you'll be sorry if you won't pay a visit

ride on

www.lobagola.com Bed & Breakfast in Zagreb
Frgich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 01:58 PM   #3
forman103 OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frgich View Post
Suggestions as follows:

Croatia: Plitvicka lakes, Zadar, Trogir, Split, Ston and Peljesac peninsula (if there's time visit island of Korcula (Marko Polo is believed was born there), then continue to Dubrovnik, and the bay of Kotor (there you can visit small town along the bay: Risan, Perast etc, and of there's time visit small town of Rijeka Crnojevica that is more upwards positioned in inland part of Monte Negro.
As for coastal part in BiH don't miss Sarajevo, it's magical town and you'll be sorry if you won't pay a visit

ride on
Hi Frgich,

Thank you very much for the info. Sorry for late response, I will follow up with more questions
Old 09-22-2013, 02:12 AM   #4
forman103 OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Suggestions as follows:

ride on
It seems that camp sites, are easy to find...what about staying in towns you had listed? What's the good spots for a motorcyclist? Private rooms? Asking from the bike's safety perspective :)

-forman
Old 10-06-2013, 09:23 AM   #5
Frgich
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 808
As far as what I did while traveling the region, find a private room (in Cro, MNE MAC, it's called soba) and stash the bike in the yard of the house,

ride on

www.lobagola.com Bed & Breakfast in Zagreb
Frgich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 09:49 AM   #6
forman103 OP
Adventurer

Quote:
As far as what I did while traveling the region, find a private room (in Cro, MNE MAC, it's called soba) and stash the bike in the yard of the house,

ride on
Thanks a lot!

Cheers,

forman