Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2013, 10:49 PM   #241
flienlow
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprocketjock View Post
So you think it should be a 3 man grid?
Is Moto2 a 3 man grid?? Have you ever been to a motogp race? You have what 90 million dollars in 3 honda's, and about 60 million dollars in Yamaha's on the first 2 rows? The guy riding a $70,000 Aprilia in the back can't compete. My point was (and perhaps poorly stated) if you make all the engines and traction control systems the same, and get rid of the stale riders I feel the racing actions will be loads better. Lorenzo is a great rider, now put him on a Pramac Ducati and tell me where he will finishes. in contrast Put Scott Redding or Pol Espargaro on the same Bike as Marques is on and it will be a Battle Royal. Hell Aleix Espargaro for that matter too.
flienlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 11:03 PM   #242
metale
Adventurer

Oddometer: 79
I think sprocketjock was commenting this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flienlow View Post
My feelings is that if you can win the championship you shouldn't be there. (...) Nicky,Collin,Spies,are all Dinosaurs that are taking up track space. It is time for fresh new riders.
metale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 12:58 AM   #243
mdubya
Right Brigade

Oddometer: 7,162
Quote:
Put Scott Redding or Pol Espargaro on the same Bike as Marques is on and it will be lambs to a slaughter.
Sorry.

We shall know more next season. If Pol can make Crutchlow like performances on the T3 bike, if Redding can give his teammate a run for his money on the PR Honda, we will see if they may have what it takes. I don't believe either one is any where near Marquez caliber, though.

Your hopes and expectations for the WC are pipe dream material, IMHO.

FWIW - the championship is moving in an interesting direction, rules wise and with the factories stepping up to provide non-factory bikes.

mdubya screwed with this post 10-06-2013 at 05:33 AM
mdubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 04:53 AM   #244
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,095
Wasn't Marquez riding in moto2 with Redding & Espargaro last year, and he spanked the entire grid from dead last, or very close to last, twice??
Pecha72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 05:05 AM   #245
bikerfish
flyfishandride

Oddometer: 1,372
just because a person is fast in moto2, doesn't make him fast on a motogp bike, it's a totally different beast and a huge step up. MM is simply on a different level than everyone else, I was slow to jump on the MM bandwagon, but damn, the kid has a gift, the others are fast, but I don't think they will give him much threat in the big class.
bikerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:48 AM   #246
flienlow
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pecha72 View Post
Wasn't Marquez riding in moto2 with Redding & Espargaro last year, and he spanked the entire grid from dead last, or very close to last, twice??
If I recall correctly, he did this once in Moto3 and once in Moto2. Both times I was blown away cause the guys in the front wait for NO ONE! I simply don't understand how he can push or motorcycle so hard and not be in a lunar orbit.
flienlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:58 AM   #247
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,095
Quote:
If I recall correctly, he did this once in Moto3 and once in Moto2. Both times I was blown away cause the guys in the front wait for NO ONE! I simply don't understand how he can push or motorcycle so hard and not be in a lunar orbit.
If my memory serves me right, MM did this twice last year. Or actually: he was once given penalty, that put him into last on the grid, and another time he was on pole, but left the gear in neutral, so once he got going, he was pretty much among the last riders, when tipping the bikes into the first bend. Hed passed about half the grid in half a lap, though.

Yes, and he did it once in 125 also. Crashed on the sighting lap, just barely got back into the pits, where the bike was frantically fixed for 1-2 minutes that they had available, then he had to line up last on the grid, and he won.
Pecha72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 05:57 PM   #248
MOLAHS
Sisyphus

Oddometer: 1,654
Correct !! There was a rumour circulating last year that his team was cheating because they couldn't believe MM could ride that fast without cheating. He has a "Senna" like focus with a smile.