Looking for some Ottawa area riders (BMW or otherwise)

Discussion in 'Canada' started by dialdn, Jan 17, 2009.

1. Berger

Berger Long timer

Oddometer:
    Thanks for the input guys! May start putting the OT aside for spring.
  2. Dan Alexander

Dan Alexander still alive and well

Oddometer:
  3. Berger

Berger Long timer

Oddometer:
    Anyone up for a ride tomorrow? Rain or shine?
  4. Emmbeedee

Emmbeedee Procrastinators

Oddometer:
    Just hit the big 60 on the DR tonight on the way back from Bancroft.

[​IMG]

Great ride, though we came home a day early on account of the big rain coming, and the motel forgetting our reservation.

[​IMG]

Sent using strings and tin cans and Tapatalk.
  5. CanadianX

CanadianX Don’t leave a steaming pile for others.

Oddometer:
    Wasn't able to get away on Friday but did run out yesterday afternoon to meet my buddy in Sault Ste Marie. Ride back today was wet and grey but any day on the bike is a good one. Surprisingly no problems with cages, at all...none.
    Well on on Saturday, no problem with his driving but he did request a $95 contribution to the courts of Espanola. I guess I was victimizing the town in some way, so my money will go towards restoring the victims of my crime spree to the pre incident state of being. Speeding ticket..ghey. That said I haven't had a ticket in probably 10 years and I have spent way more than $95 downtown in the past and haven't had as much fun. That and I was speeding along (reasonable and prudent and all that shit) for a few hundred km so I earned that one I guess. Hope the town feels better and fully heals.
  6. Emmbeedee

Oddometer:
  7. Corbeau

Corbeau Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    CanadianX, consider it a "performance certificate" :clap
  8. Deadly99

Deadly99 Fast and Far

Oddometer:
  9. Dan Alexander

Dan Alexander still alive and well

Oddometer:
    :lol3

Bet he'd love to have a do-over there.

That long pause before heading in was good, I can imagine the thoughts going through his head.

Wonder how far his bike got?
  10. Emmbeedee

Oddometer:
    That's crazy! :lol3
  11. Berger

Berger Long timer

Oddometer:
    When I see a video like that, I am glad he is okay, but then I think of the resources diverted from true emergencies, just to pull his dumb ass to safety, and the costs involved just cause he thought he could make it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
  12. Deadly99

Deadly99 Fast and Far

Oddometer:

I think Roaming Rally :rofl
  13. Berger

Berger Long timer

Oddometer:
    LOL

Ya, but there are waivers involved!!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
  14. CanadianX

Oddometer:
    ^:lol3 I was speeding and the cop was good about so no complaints except in the general sense that when you think about it there was no victim yet there is restitution being paid. Officer wrote my speed down to 110 so saved me some $. He proabably had a laugh watching me trying get the bike to not fall over on a reverse slope and then trying to get off the bike once I got it balanced. :muutt
    Picture a 6'2" Charlie Chapmen show viewed in the red and blue flashing lights of his SUV all set to the sound track of a police radio squawking. :rofl
  15. CanadianX

Oddometer:
    Hey all the resources used on the RR to get my dumb ass and temporarily sick bike were mine and cost the taxpayer nothing!! :lol3
  16. BobM

BobM DualSport

Oddometer:
    Unfortunately Sunday morning started off with heavy rain where I was staying - at Crowe Lake, Havelock - and I decided not to go to the ride. Others did go but I don't think they were able to do the full ride.

The weather yesterday was great so I was able to do the complete route. What a great mixture of paved, unpaved, and dirt "roads"! Most of it was new to me even though I've ridden extensively in the general area, and many of the "No Maintenance" roads were very scenic and looked to be rarely used. Even the paved roads were exceptional - twisty and undulating - and I noted their locations so I can return again later ....

This ride will probably be held again on the 19th, but if you want to do it on your own you could probably do what I did - get the route from Heather and then e-mail her your $20 donation.

Here's a picture of a typical unmaintained road on the route:

[​IMG]

Bob
    DR650SE
    DualSport on ODSC
  17. Berger

Berger Long timer

Oddometer:
    Just curious if anyone out there thinks the art of negotiation is dead? Before FREEE online ads and impersonal Emails, one would show up and look at a bike/car, and based on what one saw (autotrader pics were horrible), negotiations would begin. There was no offense taken if you started low and worked up. Nobody got their panties in a knot, at least the ones I was involved in as a seller and buyer, and got offended, they just countered.

When I sold my KLR, I asked what I thought was a great price, and I got REALLY low offers. Was I offended? No, I just countered or said I would wait and see. Generally, they came back with a higher bid, or "walked away". This was all done through Email, so my time was never wasted by a tire kicker, nor was I put off by some of the responders. I eventually sold (on Kijiji for a week) it for what I asked to one such guy who I went back and forth with. This is negotiation.

Anyway, rant over....:D
  18. BikerBobber

BikerBobber Trying to get lost

Oddometer:
    Thats how I roll...within reason.
    Had lots of low ball offers for my X.
    Just told them " no thanks " and kept the bike ;)

From my mobile
  19. Adventure MotoX

Adventure MotoX Been here awhile

Oddometer:
    Dubai, United Arab Emirates / Used to be Ottawa
    Some truth to that.
    I dont mind negotiations... What I can't stand is when you've negotiated a price and then they come to your home or whatever and they pull out the cash and say "oh sorry Im x$ short, will you take x amount cause I didn't go to the bank today.... " Are you Fuc*^$king kidding me!!!

When people pull that, I'd rather not sell it at all.

Negotiations are great and welcome as long as there is respect and a friendly way about it.
  20. Drif10

Drif10 Accredited Jackass

Oddometer:
    Had a guy off kijiji, emails me with a lowball offer. Like, really lowball. So low you don't even bother answering.

I can get the 'don't know until you ask' mentality. But the tires were worth more than his offer, let alone the whole running bike in mint shape.

He kept it up, I had adjusted the price after 10 days, he kept coming. Finally I responded with 'when you're serious about buying instead of trying to scam something for free, then email me. Your repeated offers are a quarter of the value of the bike minimum (and I sold it for a little better than that)'

He came back with 'this no way to negotiate', plus some other whining. Whatever.

If you're serious about buying something, then be serious. And adult about it.

If you come across as some hack used car salesman stereotype, then I'm gonna trust you just like that. My current boss fits that mold. Fun toying with him...:D