ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-07-2013, 04:24 PM   #211
DRTBYK OP
Long Haul Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by byways View Post
Thanks for that response, lmychajluk. I'll look at that option. What I had in mind was emailing an exported BaseCamp "list" complete with photos. Seems strange that they show up in the data section, and on the map, but won't export.
The reason for this "strange" behavior is because BaseCamp is Exporting DATA in GPX format. There is no way to include Photos with the GPX DATA. If you want your photo's to have the same geotagged relationship to the data you want to share, then need to do as suggested and create a Garmin Adventure and publish it online. If you don't want to do that, then you'll need to export your photos separately from the GPX data and then you could zip it all up together and email to your friend. They will need to use BaseCamp and Import the GPX and the Photos to get the same experience you have in BaseCamp.

Dan
All Things GPS
Reviews at www.GlobeRiders.com
DRTBYK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:34 PM   #212
byways
byways

Oddometer: 2,159
Thanks so much!

I'll try the Adventures thing; maybe the other approach as well. Can't know too much!
byways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 07:10 PM   #213
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Oddometer: 17,970
New update out:

• Fixed strings being displayed in multiple languages in the UI
  • Fixed long delay when changing the activity profile of a route on the route dialog
  • Fixed long delay when converting a track into a route
  • Fixed issue where changing the activity profile of an individual route leg wasn't applied unless one of the via times was also changed
  • Fixed issue clicking Next on the geotagged photo properties dialog when there is only one photo in the list
  • Fixed long delays when selecting many points in the track point list
  • Fixed long delays when pasting many points in the track point list
  • Improved robustness of auto-saving user data
Smugmug Discount: https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=mStnWv71mNkjo
Support .orgs that work to protect your rights: ACLU, NRA, EFF
Emoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 05:52 AM   #214
Sourjon
TAT'erd

Oddometer: 2,051
And still they won't let us turn off that annoying search pop up that covers anything the cursor gets near. GRRRR!!!

John
Old 12-25-2013, 09:20 AM   #215
markjenn
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourjon View Post
And still they won't let us turn off that annoying search pop up that covers anything the cursor gets near. GRRRR!!!
Care to elaborate? I use BC quite a bit and don't know what you're talking about.

- Mark
markjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 09:23 AM   #216
USAIR
picking and riding

Oddometer: 1,451
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjenn View Post
Care to elaborate? I use BC quite a bit and don't know what you're talking about.

- Mark
I hate that pop up too
Has anyone ask them to make it an option?

Fred
Wallpaper for Montana GPSr
Beware of the Wallnut
USAIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 10:53 AM   #217
mikegc
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,577
Quote:

- Mark
Probably this:

Many times it covers what I'm looking for.

Mike

Duty- Honoring a Friend
mikegc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 01:09 PM   #218
markjenn
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegc View Post
Probably this:

Many times it covers what I'm looking for.
Interesting how this can be a deal-breaker to some and a non-issue to others. There's a hover pause so if you keep the cursor moving it never appears. It's translucent so you can see mostly what's underneath. The info bubble is off to the side so it doesn't cover what you're pointing at. If it is covering something you're interested in, nudging the cursor makes it disappear. I've never found it to be a problem, but I don't discount that some might find it annoying. It is a vital part of the interface though as this popup is the way to choose between things you're pointing at that occupy the same location (e.g., a route vs. a POI). If it was in "hidden mode", then it would be very hard to do many many things and designers really try to avoid modal software if they can.

- Mark

markjenn screwed with this post 12-25-2013 at 01:18 PM
Old 12-25-2013, 01:25 PM   #219
mikegc
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,577
BaseCamp v4.2.1

Quote:
Interesting how this can be a deal-breaker to some and a non-issue to others. There's a hover pause so if you keep the cursor moving it never appears. It's translucent so you can see mostly what's underneath. The info bubble is off to the side so it doesn't cover what you're pointing at. If it is covering something you're interested in, nudging the cursor makes it disappear. I've never found it to be a problem, but I don't discount that some might find it annoying. It is a vital part of the interface though as this popup is the way to choose between things you're pointing at that occupy the same location (e.g., a route vs. a POI). If it was in "hidden mode", then it would be very hard to do many many things and designers really try to avoid modal software if they can.

- Mark
For me, it isn't a deal breaker, just an inconvenience. I've been using Base Camp for about a year when Mapsource started crashing after a hard drive replacement. At first, I hated it but, now, I merely find it cumbersome. I kept Mapsource because, for me, the search feature alone is easier to use than Base Camp's.

Mike

Duty- Honoring a Friend
mikegc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 01:27 PM   #220
Norwood
2WBMW

Oddometer: 110
This search box

This Search box... a request has been filed with development team to at least give us the option to toggle it on and off... Helpful, but get in the way...way to much...
Attached Images

Norwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 04:42 PM   #221
markjenn
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwood View Post
This Search box... a request has been filed with development team to at least give us the option to toggle it on and off... Helpful, but get in the way...way to much...
I've been using BC for several years for tens of hours and never thought it got in the way of anything - almost didn't realize it was there until you mentioned it. Perhaps my mode of operation is different. I'm also on the Mac, and I know there are some significant differences in the interfaces between Mac and PC.

- Mark
Old 12-26-2013, 06:21 AM   #222
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer: 9,208
Quote:
Interesting how this can be a deal-breaker to some and a non-issue to others.
It's not a "deal breaker" for me per say, but it is truly one of the most annoying things about BC. I wish Garmin gave me the option to turn that shit off.

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 06:22 AM   #223
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer: 9,208
Quote:
I've been using BC for several years for tens of hours and never thought it got in the way of anything - almost didn't realize it was there until you mentioned it. Perhaps my mode of operation is different. I'm also on the Mac, and I know there are some significant differences in the interfaces between Mac and PC.

- Mark
I use both the Mac and PC versions and BOTH are equally annoying.

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 06:31 AM   #224
Sourjon
TAT'erd

Oddometer: 2,051
Quote:

- Mark
It's not a deal breaker for me just an annoyance. Part of the annoyance it that it wants me to "search near center of map" when search is one of BC's weakest features. On my installation is not translucent at all. I can't think of a single thing that would be "very hard to do" with it hidden. I guess everybody does things differently.

John
Old 12-26-2013, 07:13 AM   #225
USAIR
picking and riding

Oddometer: 1,451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
It's not a "deal breaker" for me per say, but it is truly one of the most annoying things about BC. I wish Garmin gave me the option to turn that shit off.
+1

Fred
Wallpaper for Montana GPSr
Beware of the Wallnut
USAIR is offline   Reply With Quote