ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-18-2013, 11:50 PM   #16
Corsica101 OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Corsica101's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Sint Maarten...no bike:(
Oddometer: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Womble_CH View Post
Pity, you could have got them valid for 6 or even 12 months and done your km's, but its also costly.

I believe that you can make a prolongation, but for that you have to go back to the issuing office from where you got them in the first place - probably with the bike as they are supposed to check the engine/frame. If you got the plates from one of those Internet issuers (probably not) it would be easier. Did the german Zoll stamp anything in the german registration documents (proof that the bike has already been exported) ?

If you have paid the VAT in D and you have to pay again in E, you should be able to get the D Vat back, then its only 2% difference (21-19). All they need is proof of export and proof of VAT payment. You def. don't need to pay twice.


Sent from my IBM Simon using morse
Yep, in hind sight I should have gotten 6 months, it would have costed 300 but I'd be cruising. By "Zoll" you mean customs?
Anyhow am going to bring the papers to the mechanic this morning and he'll give his friend at the inspection a call...I'll get it done the good old fashioned way.
Now i just gotta find out what the emissions are and try to avoid the rest of the VAT on the registration. KTM shop in Germany already replied and their working on it this morning...
Corsica101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:33 AM   #17
Nerb
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: SE Melb
Oddometer: 200
swap computers with someone who has more than 6000km? They would probably be happy?
Nerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 02:11 AM   #18
Womble_CH
dribbling baboon
 
Womble_CH's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Location: French Alps
Oddometer: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsica101 View Post
By "Zoll" you mean customs?
Yes. If they haven't stamped anything and if the spanish customs haven't stamped anything, there is actually no proof that the bike has been exported already (you could have been riding in Germany for a month). So technically you could get a prolongation of the temporary export plates. Something you could ask your german dealer about.

But if you have sorted it out with the mecano, all the better .

Next time, you will be experienced and do better

(but by then all the laws and rules will have changed all over again)
Womble_CH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:21 AM   #19
Dearnla
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Dearnla's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2013
Location: Middle England
Oddometer: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsica101 View Post
Now i just gotta find out what the emissions are and try to avoid the rest of the VAT on the registration. KTM shop in Germany already replied and their working on it this morning...
I have an EC Certificate of Conformity that states:-
46. Exhaust emissions
Type 1 test. CO 1,760 g/km. HC 0,216 g/km NOx 0,016 g/km
Type 2 test. CO 0,0 %vol
Emission statement 97/24/EC, Cap 5 (CoC_ABGAS_AEND_2009/108C/EC)
__________________
KTM1190 ADV
Honda VFR1200FD
Honda CB900F2
Dearnla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:52 AM   #20
Corsica101 OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Corsica101's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Sint Maarten...no bike:(
Oddometer: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dearnla View Post
I have an EC Certificate of Conformity that states:-
46. Exhaust emissions
Type 1 test. CO 1,760 g/km. HC 0,216 g/km NOx 0,016 g/km
Type 2 test. CO 0,0 %vol
Emission statement 97/24/EC, Cap 5 (CoC_ABGAS_AEND_2009/108C/EC)
Thats exactly what mine says but they need CO2 values. Not sure what the difference is, guess I'll google it but its seriously annoying the crap out of me! Bloody Spanish!
Corsica101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:31 PM   #21
gefr
Life is a trip
 
gefr's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: East Med, Greece
Oddometer: 3,720
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerb View Post
swap computers with someone who has more than 6000km? They would probably be happy?
That is clever!!
gefr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 06:22 AM   #22
Corsica101 OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Corsica101's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Sint Maarten...no bike:(
Oddometer: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerb View Post
swap computers with someone who has more than 6000km? They would probably be happy?
There's only one other Adventure R on the island...no idea who he is. Might be beneficial but also don't want to end up with 10.000k's on my odo...
Corsica101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 05:25 PM   #23
Corsica101 OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Corsica101's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Sint Maarten...no bike:(
Oddometer: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Womble_CH View Post
Pity, you could have got them valid for 6 or even 12 months and done your km's, but its also costly.

I believe that you can make a prolongation, but for that you have to go back to the issuing office from where you got them in the first place - probably with the bike as they are supposed to check the engine/frame. If you got the plates from one of those Internet issuers (probably not) it would be easier. Did the german Zoll stamp anything in the german registration documents (proof that the bike has already been exported) ?

If you have paid the VAT in D and you have to pay again in E, you should be able to get the D Vat back, then its only 2% difference (21-19). All they need is proof of export and proof of VAT payment. You def. don't need to pay twice.


Sent from my IBM Simon using morse
Thanks, Almost got it all sorted. got my green plates and tomorrow going to ITV (inspection). We waited till last week when the bike was 6 months and tomorrow somebody will turn a blind eye at ITV on the Km's;) viva España. That way I save 2000€ :o. egistration has costed me just over 1000, not 1500 as expected and for some reason. Overall its costed around 1500
Corsica101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:30 PM   #24
Just Paul
Pro Cat Herder
 
Just Paul's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Fremont, Ca
Oddometer: 2,090
pm this guy and see if you can borrow his odometer...

igorpetrovich


Quote:
Originally Posted by igorpetrovich View Post
got int in march, more than 13.000 miles now. the more I use it the better it gets.
__________________
Honda 450X (plated)
KTM Adventure S
Paul's SPOT TRACKER

“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine
Just Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:36 PM   #25
Corsica101 OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Corsica101's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Sint Maarten...no bike:(
Oddometer: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Paul View Post
pm this guy and see if you can borrow his odometer...

igorpetrovich
Got it all sorted now, technical check done and should have my permanent plates within the next 2 weeks.

Corsica101 screwed with this post 10-11-2013 at 11:52 AM
Corsica101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014