ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2013, 06:27 AM   #1
OneEffinName OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 419
Trail Riding around Bend, Oregon

Just got back from Bend and wanted to list some of the riding areas I have been to. Might be useful for other visitors. This is for trail riding in OHV areas - not for dual sport or fortestry road riding. I have rated them to what *I* like - technical, hard, single track is my fave. I am not a fan of sand. Others will invariably disagree with my ratings - so dont get your panties in a knot.

East Fort Rock - Chelsea's challenge is a lot of fun and has a lot of variety, about 3-4 hour loop, intermediate level. I give it 4 stars

Millican Plateau - flat and easy ATV tracks. Speed is the thing here. One star.

South Millican - some hills. The black trails are not too difficult (but rocky). Varied terrain and fun. 2.5 stars

Cline Butte - nice area with lots of variation. The outside loop with all the black runs is a nice length and keeps things interesting. There is some actual single track here for MC only. The inner black and double black stuff is technically fun, good if you like trails type stuff. 4 stars

Santiam Pass - super sandy or super rocky. 1 star.

McCubbins Gulch (Mt Hood) - easy stuff through the trees. ATV tracks. I did not spend a lot of time here so I will not rate it.
2012 OSSA Explorer/TR280 Convertable
OneEffinName is offline   Reply With Quote