User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2013, 03:05 PM   #481
onroule
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Hello all,

My name is Michel. I am from Montréal, Canada. I have been watching this forum for sometime and finding very good info on the XT225 but I just register recently.

I need a bit of help. In 5 weeks I am going for a 3 to 4 weeks trip up north, mostly on forest road, and I am desperately looking for a center stand. I have found this thread and realized that Cigar Mike is taking a break from making center stand and concentrate more on his familly and I fully understand this. May be I am not in the right forum to ask this and if it is the case please let me know but if any of you or someone that you know has a new or used one for sale, please contact me.

Many thanks, ride safe.
Michel
onroule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 12:37 PM   #482
dcparks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 124
WTB XR650L centre stand

Despite Mikes own review of his stand ("Listen up everyone. Cigar Mike's Centerstands suck! Don't try to order one, please. Mike") i want one. No warrenty asked or expected - anyone out there have one i can buy? PM if so,

cheers,

Chris
dcparks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 11:02 AM   #483
Cigar Mike OP
Too Old and Too Slow

Oddometer: 1,458
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcparks View Post
Despite Mikes own review of his stand ("Listen up everyone. Cigar Mike's Centerstands suck! Don't try to order one, please. Mike") i want one. No warrenty asked or expected - anyone out there have one i can buy? PM if so,

cheers,

Chris
Darn, I may make a few this year. Same price, same warranty. Since money does not motivate me to do this I am unreliable. Things change and grandkids grow up. I am uncertain how many I will make.

I thought there would be other options by now. One manufacturer said he was going to make them for the same models and distribute them worldwide. That was two years ago.

Mike
Old 10-13-2013, 07:27 AM   #484
tuna101
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigar Mike View Post
Darn, I may make a few this year. Same price, same warranty. Since money does not motivate me to do this I am unreliable. Things change and grandkids grow up. I am uncertain how many I will make.

I thought there would be other options by now. One manufacturer said he was going to make them for the same models and distribute them worldwide. That was two years ago.

Mike
Put me on your list if you decide to make some.
tuna101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 02:28 PM   #485
frontiercat
all out of charm

Oddometer: 1,131
I still would love to have a center stand for my TE630, too...
frontiercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 03:02 PM   #486
Cigar Mike OP
Too Old and Too Slow

I Quit!

I have decided to officially stop making center stands. I have not made any for over a year. I still receive a lot of inquires for the stands. Since I am having too much fun in full retirement and don't miss breathing smoke and dust. I know I won't start again.

I have contacted a DS/Adventure accessory manufacturer and they are interested in making the stands if the numbers work out for them. I hope that it works out so that the stands will be available for those that want them.

This has always been a hobby for me and a fun way to fill time. I now find that it is a chore to find time to build stands. It makes sense to stop and let someone else provide the stands. It has really been fun making the stands for fellow inmates and riders. There is great satisfaction when my efforts have been appreciated. I appreciate the patience early customers showed me when the stands were not right and for allowing me to make it right for them.

From my conversation with the manufacturer it appears he is interested in allowing me to continue doing designs for new models. I would enjoy that and it would also allow me to complete the stands for the TA and DRZ.

Thank you ADV for providing a thread where I could offer the stands and receive feed back and suggestions for new models.

Thanks,

Mike
Old 03-10-2014, 03:11 PM   #487
thebigman
bout a dollar 3.98

Oddometer: 3,408
Mike ,

Thanks for all that you have done for the motorcycle community

With That said ,

Have fun moving on to the next chapter in you and your family's life .

Have fun man ,

08 xr650l ,99 xr650l, 10 HDXR1200X ,84atc200s 85atc200s, 80ct110 ,99xr70, 04xr650l ,

Dumb ass people do dumb ass things
thebigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 03:26 PM   #488
Cigar Mike OP
Too Old and Too Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigman View Post
Mike ,

Thanks for all that you have done for the motorcycle community

With That said ,

Have fun moving on to the next chapter in you and your family's life .

Have fun man ,
Thank you, that is very nice of you. It was fun and I am glad I was able to do it. The really fun part was dealing/talking with fellow riders from around the world.
Old 04-01-2014, 03:59 PM   #489
Cigar Mike OP
Too Old and Too Slow

Maybe soon.

I got a XR650L stand over to the fabricator/distributor. Hopefully in a couple of weeks I will know if he will go into production. I will work on getting something for the XT225 and the TE610/630 models next.

I think once I get all of the stands over to him I will play with the TA again and see if he will add that also. I may have to make some of them if he doesn't.
Old 04-02-2014, 01:06 PM   #490
wdeTA
TransAlp Adv

Oddometer: 449
Quote:
I got a XR650L stand over to the fabricator/distributor. Hopefully in a couple of weeks I will know if he will go into production. I will work on getting something for the XT225 and the TE610/630 models next.

I think once I get all of the stands over to him I will play with the TA again and see if he will add that also. I may have to make some of them if he doesn't.
Hey Mike,

If you get playing with the TA stand again, let me know, I had an idea for the fold down step on part that sorta worked, but I didn't really have the right material. BTW, mines been working fine with no issues other than scratching the swing arm a bit when I forget to wrap the step part back in place before taking the bike of the CS.

89 Transalp
01 XR400R
http://daleeva.smugmug.com/Motorcycle
wdeTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:47 AM   #491
Cigar Mike OP
Too Old and Too Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdeTA View Post
Hey Mike,

If you get playing with the TA stand again, let me know, I had an idea for the fold down step on part that sorta worked, but I didn't really have the right material. BTW, mines been working fine with no issues other than scratching the swing arm a bit when I forget to wrap the step part back in place before taking the bike of the CS.
The stand for the TA is so close, I would like to make it happen. The easy fix is to put the press down leg on the right side. I still have it on the right on Cathy's XT even though I changed it on later models. I would rather have it on the right than have no stand at all.
Old 05-20-2014, 09:10 AM   #492
furbo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 103
Mike,

Any movement on the XR650L stands?

Am stuck in Asscrackistan this summer, but will definitely be in market come Christmas as Ive just bought a new XRL..

Thanks,
furbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 12:04 PM   #493
Cigar Mike OP
Too Old and Too Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by furbo View Post
Mike,

Any movement on the XR650L stands?

Am stuck in Asscrackistan this summer, but will definitely be in market come Christmas as Ive just bought a new XRL..

Thanks,
It is the busy time of the year for the company and It sounds like they will not have the time to put into a new product until things slow down a bit.

Cheers
Old 05-25-2014, 06:40 PM   #494
KilgoreTrout
adventure flyfisher

Oddometer: 372
Thumb Ta

Quote:

Just lurking around and saw this Heres hoping it happens
Old 08-06-2014, 10:19 PM   #495
Rhompin45
Rhompin45

Oddometer: 233
Ugg I was just thinking about it being nice to have a center stand for the xr650 so I google searches it and this is all I found... Really? No one makes them? I completly under stand retirement and finally taking a break so I don't blame you at all. I guess I'll have to get creative and try to make my own.
Rhompin45 is offline   Reply With Quote