User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2013, 12:33 PM   #46
cyberdos
True Story Bro

Oddometer: 24,137
The rest of my pics...

Day 2 started out pretty chilly. Waiting for the sun to come up to warm things up.

Actually, I should go back and relate what my side of the story was for what happened to us the night prior.

As AZRedline touched upon already it was only a matter of seconds before all 4 of us (Reidy, 4Play, AZRedline and myself) were completely alone out in the middle of the desert. I still haven't looked at my tracks to see where exactly we were but we were somewhere south of the 86 and headed somewhere south of Green Valley.

When Reidy and I took the wrong turn we started heading back to the track and I looked down at the GPS for a second to see if we had been back to the point where we made the wrong turn. When I looked back up Reidy was gone. So I kept backtracking and apparently I passed right by him and didn't even notice him. It was really the perfect storm because we had been riding in an area with heavy brush and a lot of tight turns so you couldn't see too far ahead on the trail.

I kept back tracking for about a mile and stopped. Looked around and heard nothing. Saw no one.

Now it was about 6pm and the sun setting quickly. I knew I was out there with my tiny little headlight that isn't worth a damn. Plus to make matters worse I didn't want to turn off the bike because I thought it would die and had nobody to help me get it started again. Oh, and did I mention that I had tossed my tool bag in the back of Mil's truck to lighten my load since he was gonna be following us anyway? Yeah, he wasn't following us now so I was out there:
by myself.
with hardly any light.
a good half hour before sunset.
with a dead battery.
and no tools.

Sorry, I know this may be a point of contention with some, but I was getting the fuck out of there as quickly as I could. So i took the route that I knew and back tracked to the 86. Once there I stopped at a gas station and called Reidy and left him a message that I was booking it to the hotel by pavement. It would be a long ass hour and a half there. Cold as hell at spots. Only able to see maybe 20 yards in front of me (yeah, I also had tinted goggles ) nearly clipping a dead javalina with my boot in the middle of the road a few miles out of Patagonia.

Fun times!

Old 10-08-2013, 02:04 PM   #47
OldtimerTC
XR650L

Oddometer: 887
Not as many pictures from Day 2 This is Julius, my Bad ass 690 in front of the Hotel

The Stage stop inn

Geetting ready for Day 2

Member COHVO
OldtimerTC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 02:07 PM   #48
OldtimerTC
XR650L

Charlie said that is Mexico in the distance

Here he is running for the Border Taco shop ( or running from the Border patrol, can't remember )

BigE - Time for Tacos

Member COHVO
Old 10-08-2013, 02:08 PM   #49
OldtimerTC
XR650L

Great ride, great people, beautiful country !

Member COHVO
Old 10-08-2013, 02:30 PM   #50
cyberdos
True Story Bro

oh yeah, the rest of the pics.

Manifold pizza.

MilT explaining how far off the ground they got off that last jump.

Gnarly dude!

AZ Stripes.

That's all I got. I'll post the remaining vids later.
Old 10-08-2013, 02:38 PM   #51
Chuck az
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 174
Remind me to question my sanity if I ever agree to do a ride with you guys.
Old 10-08-2013, 02:45 PM   #52
cyberdos
True Story Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck az View Post
Remind me to question my sanity if I ever agree to do a ride with you guys.
Anyone notice this RR started with...

Quote:
Sometimes a well planned trip on some easy big bike trails just doesn't go quite like you think it will....
Old 10-08-2013, 03:42 PM   #53
Reidy008 OP
I,m in if we go fast

Oddometer: 1,976
What....

Todd isn't that a 950 SE you ride..... Above your bike pic you say it is a 690.... is there something we should know?
Reidy008 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 03:57 PM   #54
2 SPOT
wannabe

Oddometer: 2,758
DAM!!!! i knew this ride was close, i shoulda PM'ed ya reidy, my bike is all fixed up (even new tires) and i was ready to go.

looks like a missed a great time. maybe ya'll will do it again? and maybe DOD will get that overniter through the white mtns going.
2 SPOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 04:03 PM   #55
Reidy008 OP
I,m in if we go fast

Oddometer: 1,976
Always more fun to be had

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 SPOT View Post
DAM!!!! i knew this ride was close, i shoulda PM'ed ya reidy, my bike is all fixed up (even new tires) and i was ready to go.

looks like a missed a great time. maybe ya'll will do it again? and maybe DOD will get that overniter through the white mtns going.
No worries mate, there will be plenty of riding to be had in the future. Your 640 would have been perfect for these kinds of trails.
Reidy008 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 04:12 PM   #56
ybracing
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 605
Massacre

First off let me say that I did not bring the cable needed to download the few pictures that I took. So, this is going to be one of those boring no picture post. Consider yourself warned!
It all started about a year ago when I got the bright idea to ride to Patagonia Arizona and back from Phoenix. I formulated a plan, drew it on the digital paper map and calculated time, distance and severity of the adventure. The next step was to find some fool to ride this ambitious one-day route with me. Immediately I thought of Drew (Reidy008). We started early and by 5 PM we were only half way there and me with ignition trouble with my trusty 950. It was time to bail and shelve this one for later. We decided it would be a great two-day ride. Later Drew concluded that he should finish the route going backwards so he thought “what fool would go with me on this ride?” I was unavailable so he immediately thought of Steve (AZRedline). They set out early and completed the second half of the ride in one long day. Drew called me and explained why it would be better to run it backwards so the only thing left was to invite more fools to ride with us. Invitations went out and I was surprised we had 8 hearty souls and, two daredevils in a Raptor to go with us. A date was set and after a lot of e-mails and anticipation the start approached. We met at the Waffle House off hwy 60 and South Idaho. Let the massacre commence.
More to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiSig1071 View Post
GPS tracks available? This looks like fun.
Yes. Pm me with your e-mail address and give me a day. I need to delete a section that we should not have ridden. I'm sure the details will come out later.
ybracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 04:21 PM   #57
Billy Shears
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Great report. Felt like I was right beside you guys... NOT. Good times, for sure.
Old 10-08-2013, 05:02 PM   #58
refokus
Just Learning

Oddometer: 2,224
More Photos and Comments

After reading what has already been posted, there really isn't to much to say. But I have to say a BIG thanks to Reidy008, yb, for the tracks, azredline for the pre-riding the tracks (even though he got lost, has a gps and has no flippin clue how to use it) and Mil T and Ghost for chasing us down and providing help along the way.

This group of riders, when you get them all together it's always a blast. Lot's of laughs, always help when you need it and they all look out for each other. You couldn't ask for anything more. up to everyone that went along. Now for a few pictures. I didn't take too many, only 97 but most of them are not very good so I will spare you all the pain in looking at all of them.

Here is my first shot of the day in Florence, I forgot to take any at the Waffle House

Cyberdos checking his tires.......I wonder if this jinxed us?

Big E ready to go....

And here comes the Raptor

4play looking on thinking WTF......then oh man, this isn't going to be good

These guys were pissed off.....

Here is Big E after coming down that Nasty Hill

Did anyone say their were rocks on this ride

Snack time, the hill made everyone a little hungry

Montek with the only shade available cooling down while we were waiting for the rest of the crew

Cyberdos and azredline were off to climb the nasty hill to see where the others were

Old 10-08-2013, 05:17 PM   #59
refokus
Just Learning

Oddometer: 2,224
More to Come

I will have to finish later, the internet connection at this shitty hotel is horrible and it keeps kicking me off.

But man, just reading the report that everyone is contributing to here is like riding the trail all over. I am glad I am down the nasty hill.

Oh yea, one more thing, I let cyberdos win the drag race, I was only at half throttle.............
Old 10-08-2013, 05:32 PM   #60
seabee1
we build, we fight

Oddometer: 2,478
That self shot of cyberdos doesn't look like tinted goggles!? Great looking ride. I love he multiple storytellers!

www.dehmotorcycle.com
Motorcycle storage with a personal touch
seabee1 is offline   Reply With Quote