ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2013, 01:29 PM   #3721
XR4EVER
919 excuses to ride!

Oddometer: 1,057
Looks like fun, KR. Did you save room on the podium for anyone else?

Any rock riders in the room, I posted an open invitation for this weekend:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=925741
Old 10-08-2013, 01:46 PM   #3722
Kootenai Rider
Displaced Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,258
I didn't make the podium. I'm not that fast and my partner had some brake issues that slowed him down. Andrew (#44) was 2nd in class, Mike (#515) was 3rd with partner (and inmate) DylanJ.

I met your friend Seth. He was iron manning the race, but had an un-scheduled departure from his bike that required alternate means of leaving the race course unfortunately. He was ok later when I spoke to him.

2012 KTM 250XC-W "Ginger"
Kootenai Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:40 PM   #3723
wonderspoon
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootenai Rider View Post

I met your friend Seth. He was iron manning the race, but had an un-scheduled departure from his bike that required alternate means of leaving the race course unfortunately. He was ok later when I spoke to him.
That was me! Good meeting you Paul. Looking back on it, if I seemed a little off I was still kind of loopy when we were talking at the end. Its all kind of fuzzy but at least I got my first Razr ride. Medics said I was likely just fatigued/dehydrated and minimally concust (he didn't seem to think so), if that.

I'll agree that the course wasn't especially tight by trail riding standards, but trying to race through that stuff really put the hurt on my conditioning (lack thereof).
wonderspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:52 PM   #3724
Kootenai Rider
Displaced Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderspoon View Post
That was me! Good meeting you Paul. Looking back on it, if I seemed a little off I was still kind of loopy when we were talking at the end. Its all kind of fuzzy but at least I got my first Razr ride. Medics said I was likely just fatigued/dehydrated and minimally concust (he didn't seem to think so), if that.

I'll agree that the course wasn't especially tight by trail riding standards, but trying to race through that stuff really put the hurt on my conditioning (lack thereof).
I iron manned the Muddy Butt in 2012, which is early season and a lot rougher course. Definitely was probably dehydration/fatigue. Lots more prep when you're a mere mortal like us.

Old 10-08-2013, 09:08 PM   #3725
wonderspoon
Adventurer

Any idea what lap times you guys were running?

wonderspoon screwed with this post 10-08-2013 at 09:17 PM
Old 10-08-2013, 09:14 PM   #3726
Kootenai Rider
Displaced Adventurer

My friend Andrew was doing 27 minute laps, Dylan was 29-30, I was doing 31-32 minute.

These are all rough estimates from what I recall them saying, I may be wrong on those times.

Old 10-08-2013, 09:26 PM   #3727
wonderspoon
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootenai Rider View Post
My friend Andrew was doing 27 minute laps, Dylan was 29-30, I was doing 31-32 minute.

These are all rough estimates from what I recall them saying, I may be wrong on those times.
Yikes, pretty sure you beat me. Assuming we started at noon and not later I was averaging somewhere between 35 and 40 min. through 3 laps.
Old 10-20-2013, 04:03 PM   #3728
mcjunky
Adventurer

Oddometer: 82
Passed by a couple of adventure bikes on Garfield rd today, anyone from here?
mcjunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:41 AM   #3729
Honda land cruiser
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Looking for a project Honda NX250

Hello Fellow Spokanites,

I am in the market for a winter project. I want to refurbish a 1988-1990 Honda NX250. If anyone knows someone that might have one in the back barn collecting dust please let me know. It doesn't have to be in bad shape or be a project bike it just needs to be in my budget.

TIA

HLC (Dan) 509-385-1272
Honda land cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:07 AM   #3730
MotoNerd
Adventurer

Oddometer: 44
Weekend Ride

Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone has thought about a ride on Saturday, October 26. Looks like Saturday is supposed to be beautiful!! Any takers message me, or reply, or even email me. gegcontroller@gmail.com.

Was thinking some sort of a lunch/late lunch/dinner ride. Any suggestions would be welcomed. I am new to Spokane, and still looking for some riders to hangout with. As much as I love riding solo, I want to meet some people and meet up and ride somewhere, and then have a bite. Let me know!

Cheers!

MotoNerd A.K.A. Chris
Old 10-24-2013, 12:29 AM   #3731
Kootenai Rider
Displaced Adventurer

Hi Chris,

I am kind of on my way out of town for a while, but what type of riding do you do? Dual-sport? Touring? Hardcore/badass woods guy?

Old 10-24-2013, 04:08 AM   #3732
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,521
It looks like we need to get together for a lunch ride Saturday. It's been awhile since we've gotten together and a fall ride seems to be in order.

How about a ride up to Murray for lunch at the Spragpole? The leaves along the river should be pretty colors right now.

I can't leave until probably 11:00 am so it will be a street ride for me. Someone want to lead a dirt ride with the idea of everyone ending up at the Spragpole at ablout the same time?

Lunch Meetup
Saturday Oct. 26th, 2013
1:00 PM
Spragpole
Murray, ID

If anyone wants to ride with me meet at the Conoco Station on the S. side of I-90 on Mission between Argonne and Mullan. I'll be there at 11:00 am.

So who wants to lead a dirt ride for those that want something more exciting than what I plan to do?

Let's ride
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:18 AM   #3733
airheadbruce
Uncle Dumbshit

Oddometer: 475
1 PM, noted......
Thompson Pass was very tricky Tuesday Morning, lots of frosty corners at the pass.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:21 AM   #3734
XR4EVER
919 excuses to ride!

Oddometer: 1,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by airheadbruce View Post
Thompson Pass was very tricky Tuesday Morning, lots of frosty corners at the pass.
Was there any snow at the top of the peaks that you could see?
Old 10-24-2013, 09:33 AM   #3735
airheadbruce
Uncle Dumbshit

Oddometer: 475
Yep, some of the peaks had snow.