ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Day Trippin'
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-09-2013, 03:21 PM   #3766
RRockhead
Hoser.
 
RRockhead's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Comox Valley BC
Oddometer: 95
This thread is serious eye candy

I'm surprised there aren't more crashes with all of you riding on the wrong side of the road
__________________
Speed is a substitute for clearance .
RRockhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 12:57 AM   #3767
bubu
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: France, Normandie
Oddometer: 628
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRockhead View Post
This thread is serious eye candy

I'm surprised there aren't more crashes with all of you riding on the wrong side of the road
They ride in the good way...


Check in the past in the History and you will find the reason why we change the way to drive/ride.

__________________
Live To RIDE
bubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 05:14 AM   #3768
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,792
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRockhead View Post
This thread is serious eye candy

I'm surprised there aren't more crashes with all of you riding on the wrong side of the road




Thanks ....... I'll try to keep finding more of the 'eye candy'.

The system works well over here because everyone rides on the wrong side of the road, including the folk coming the other way.
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 05:18 AM   #3769
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,792
Gixxer reflections at Strathyre on Sunday ...



Rolling again...

Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 03:05 PM   #3770
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,792
AKLiz


Sarah has just pointed out to me that I have misinformed you about the Queen spending Christmas at Balmoral in my earlier post. Apparently she spends summer holidays at Balmoral and goes to Sandringham at Christmas.

Apologies, but it looks like you will not be able to share Christmas dinner with the Royals ....
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:36 PM   #3771
Killacurb
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Oddometer: 82
The craic is mighty!

Just finished reading all 252 pages of your thread, took a few days but just had to send you a big well done sir! Kam, you have a great sense of humor and a wonderful eye for beauty thru the lense of your little camera! Also, Bubu, you are hilarious! Trying to rally the lads for a month long tour of Ireland and Scotland on motos in a couple years, if we make it would love to hoist a pint at some point! Keep up the good work Kam and hope your feeling better after your last off!
__________________
Guinness makes you strong.

06 330i
02 FZ1
Killacurb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 12:40 PM   #3772
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killacurb View Post
Just finished reading all 252 pages of your thread, took a few days but just had to send you a big well done sir! Kam, you have a great sense of humor and a wonderful eye for beauty thru the lense of your little camera! Also, Bubu, you are hilarious! Trying to rally the lads for a month long tour of Ireland and Scotland on motos in a couple years, if we make it would love to hoist a pint at some point! Keep up the good work Kam and hope your feeling better after your last off!

Thanks....I'm feeling pretty good, and all the more so for reading your comments ... I'm always amazed to hear someone has persevered to read through the whole thread! Well done.

If you guys come to Scotland of course it would be great to 'hoist a pint' ..and hopefully you will join us for a ride too.

Thanks again for your comments. They are very much appreciated.
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 12:53 PM   #3773
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,792
As usual we got out for our Saturday cycle...... so a few more images from another bit of Scotland :-

Our ride took us from the Falkirk Wheel along the Union Canal to Linlithgow....the first surprise was to discover the canal goes through this long dark tunnel which is about 200 years old.





Once we got deep into it I had to stop cycling as I literally couldn't see in front of me it was so dark in some places...




The tunnel was hewn out of the granite hillside and took years to complete ...






Kamchat screwed with this post 10-12-2013 at 01:11 PM
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 01:06 PM   #3774
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,792
As well as going under the ground, the Union Canal also travels high above it, - thanks to this aqueduct just a few miles further on....



Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 08:14 PM   #3775
N-Id-Jim
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: where elephants roam
Oddometer: 542
Maybe they cut up all the rocks they hauled out of that tunnel to build that stunning aquaduct??
N-Id-Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 12:24 AM   #3776
bubu
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: France, Normandie
Oddometer: 628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killacurb View Post
Just finished reading all 252 pages of your thread, took a few days but just had to send you a big well done sir! Kam, you have a great sense of humor and a wonderful eye for beauty thru the lense of your little camera! Also, Bubu, you are hilarious! Trying to rally the lads for a month long tour of Ireland and Scotland on motos in a couple years, if we make it would love to hoist a pint at some point! Keep up the good work Kam and hope your feeling better after your last off!

Thanks a lot

. Each day, i try to laugh, and to find hilarious situations, cause a day where you didn't laugh is a lost day

__________________
Live To RIDE
bubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 12:28 AM   #3777
bubu
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: France, Normandie
Oddometer: 628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
As well as going under the ground, the Union Canal also travels high above it, - thanks to this aqueduct just a few miles further on....




Kam next time we will come with the van with motorbikes and bicycles inside

Soooo nice like ever.

Is it a roman constructions?


Hi Sarah!!
__________________
Live To RIDE

bubu screwed with this post 10-13-2013 at 12:11 PM
bubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 12:54 AM   #3778
AKLiz
Gnarly Adventurer
 
AKLiz's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Portland, OR
Oddometer: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
AKLiz


Sarah has just pointed out to me that I have misinformed you about the Queen spending Christmas at Balmoral in my earlier post. Apparently she spends summer holidays at Balmoral and goes to Sandringham at Christmas.

Apologies, but it looks like you will not be able to share Christmas dinner with the Royals ....
No worries :) It's probably better that way actually. I'd probably do something dumb if I bumped into the Queen. I don't tend to do well dealing with prominent individuals. I'm pretty sure if you look up 'open mouth, insert foot' in a phrase dictionary, I'm the example given!

Liz
AKLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 12:54 PM   #3779
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,792
Quote:
Originally Posted by N-Id-Jim View Post
Maybe they cut up all the rocks they hauled out of that tunnel to build that stunning aquaduct??

Good point, - it would make sense seeing as both works would have been going on at the same time ..and only a few miles apart.
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 01:00 PM   #3780
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,792
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubu View Post
Kam next time we will come with the van with motorbikes and bicycles inside

Soooo nice like ever.

Is it a roman constructions?


Hi Sarah!!


Hi bubu ( & Bernadette) ...Sarah says 'Hi' too.

Yes, bring both forms of two wheeled fun next time.

Lol! No the aquaduct is a bit more recent ...built just under 200 years ago when the canal was built. The Romans didn't last very long this far north ..... I don't know whether it was the locals or the weather that sent them packing........... or maybe the midges?
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014