ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks > GPS Tracks - Northeast, Southeast & Florida
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-13-2013, 04:55 AM   #46
Laura0107
Retrophilic Rambler

Oddometer: 1,141
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
Thank you laura! Yeah I had my bike down there last week while visiting family,cousin lives in columbia off st andrews Road and aunt lives 5 minutes away from harbinson state forest on broad River road.I really didnt get to ride much,found out for next time sumter and marion forests to ride. Tried to get this week off to actually ride and job said I couldnt do it:(One week just doesnt cut it to do everything down there,Aunt kept asking me if I was gonna ride and I told her I came down there to see them and if I got a chance the bike was a bonus or to stay out of her hair if I got bored

Thats some bubblegum looking georgian clay mud there on that one trail.. Years ago cousin told me him and his sister use to go cart andrews road when it was all dirt at one point back in the early 80s. Cousin use to have a k5 lifted truck and where saluda shoals park is ,he took me back there in 88 it was all trails,powerlines railroads etc.Since they turned it into a park and all macadem it isnt even recognizable anymore from how I remembered it. Sorry for the long rant
I had an outlaw section in the map without realizing it until hitting that gummy clay (routed around it in the GPX that's now attached to post #13). I sorta expected to see you at the state lunch in Summerton on Saturday. I ended up riding the Manchester area by myself and could've used the company. There are a few pix posted in post #1117 in the state lunch thread. Give us a shout next time you're down!
Old 06-23-2013, 07:54 AM   #47
Laura0107
Retrophilic Rambler

This thread has been quiet lately! Yesterday was a great day for a ride, so I took some "SC Dirt" routes from Neeses over into the Sumter NF. All the recent rains made some of the clay roads interesting. Not too bad, just more interesting than usual. I found that there's still a section in the GPX file that "shouldn't" be in there, but I'm not changing it again as it was fun. Anyone using a file I've posted, please use your own discretion. I'm not responsible for anything that happens to you on a ride, yada yada.

No comment on this shot, just sharing some scenery :

Cool old bridge:

Old 10-09-2013, 10:24 AM   #48
BOIKE333
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 306
File

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura0107 View Post
This thread has been quiet lately! Yesterday was a great day for a ride, so I took some "SC Dirt" routes from Neeses over into the Sumter NF. All the recent rains made some of the clay roads interesting. Not too bad, just more interesting than usual. I found that there's still a section in the GPX file that "shouldn't" be in there, but I'm not changing it again as it was fun. Anyone using a file I've posted, please use your own discretion. I'm not responsible for anything that happens to you on a ride, yada yada.

No comment on this shot, just sharing some scenery :

Cool old bridge:

Laura0107
Hey all this looks like fun, can you tell me which gpx files are the newest and most updated.... I'd love to come check it out this winter.
Old 10-09-2013, 04:42 PM   #49
Laura0107
Retrophilic Rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOIKE333 View Post
Laura0107
Hey all this looks like fun, can you tell me which gpx files are the newest and most updated.... I'd love to come check it out this winter.
Get the file attached to post #13 if you want everything showing in the map in that post - come on down!
Old 02-09-2014, 07:41 AM   #50
BOIKE333
Gnarly Adventurer

Cola track

Laura
Is the meow b track out of cola dirt or mostly paved?
Old 02-09-2014, 08:32 AM   #51
Laura0107
Retrophilic Rambler

Quote:
Laura
Is the meow b track out of cola dirt or mostly paved?
That one is probably about 55-60% pavement. These three tracks, which loop off of MEOW-B: "Ridge Spring to Poole's Mill", "Near I-20 to Ridge Spring" and "Livingston to Near I-20" taken together are probably about 65-70% dirt. I think the one out of all I mentioned with the most dirt is "Ridge Spring to Poole's Mill".
Old 02-25-2014, 12:34 PM   #52
GeektheCreep
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
I just did the HOCAT this morning, lots of fun although I think some of the roads are newly paved since the time you posted the tracks originally. Lots of new tarmac. Although See See Rd is short and awesome. I think that was the most air Iv'e ever gotten on the KLR!
GeektheCreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 04:07 PM   #53
Marsh Tiger OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 548
That's awesome. I'm glad you had a good time.
It's been a while since I've ridden this one. Sorry to hear its being paved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Marsh Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 02:24 PM   #54
BOIKE333
Gnarly Adventurer

Tracking.....

I added the file to the TETS file. Just wondering, have any of you ridden any of the trails, or portions of them. My plan is to leave Charlotte early on a Friday, ride the HOCAT west from Columbia and hook into the TETS up into NC. Ultimately I would like to circle back up to the Boone area and down to Charlotte. Any time line or feedback is appreciated. Looking at a return to Charlotte on Sunday evening.
Thanks
BOIKE
Old 03-03-2014, 08:33 PM   #55
Laura0107
Retrophilic Rambler

Quote:
I added the file to the TETS file. Just wondering, have any of you ridden any of the trails, or portions of them. My plan is to leave Charlotte early on a Friday, ride the HOCAT west from Columbia and hook into the TETS up into NC. Ultimately I would like to circle back up to the Boone area and down to Charlotte. Any time line or feedback is appreciated. Looking at a return to Charlotte on Sunday evening.
Thanks
BOIKE
Yes. That may be doable, but very ambitious! I ride in Eastern TN, Western NC and North GA a good bit. Once on the MEOW, I'd say allow for a 45-50 mph average speed, and once you get into the mountains, half that. And you'd have to be content with blasting right by the most fun (technical) stuff in the mountains if you strictly stick to the TET-S in order to make time. On the version of the TET-S that I have, looking at the Tellico area, the ascents up to the balds such as Wauchesi and Whigg Meadow are not included, and neither are Trails 81 and 82. (You might not want to do Trails 81 & 82 if alone on an XRL anyway, though). If you really like mountain trails as opposed to groomed FS roads, you'd be better off planning 50-75 miles per day of quality riding vs 150-200 miles per day of quantity. Or 20 miles in an offroad park. "Trails" means different things to different people, and I'm starting to ramble, but hopefully this gives you a bit of help with your planning.
Old 03-04-2014, 05:01 PM   #56
BOIKE333
Gnarly Adventurer

It seems the more people I talk with the more I should just head for the hills and skip the sandy portions. For me though, it takes 4 hours to get to that area for riding. And no matter which way I go, I'll be trailering at least to an unload point or maybe someone will drop a couple of us (one of the wives) and we can ride back home. So maybe heading out of SC from 85 and making big loop would be OK? Also where are these trail 81 and 82 located on your map?
Old 03-04-2014, 06:42 PM   #57
Laura0107
Retrophilic Rambler

Quote:
It seems the more people I talk with the more I should just head for the hills and skip the sandy portions. For me though, it takes 4 hours to get to that area for riding. And no matter which way I go, I'll be trailering at least to an unload point or maybe someone will drop a couple of us (one of the wives) and we can ride back home. So maybe heading out of SC from 85 and making big loop would be OK? Also where are these trail 81 and 82 located on your map?
Trails 81 and 82 are motorcycle trails in the Cherokee Nat'l Forest in Eastern TN not far from Tellico Plains. I mentioned them because you were talking about taking the TET-S and trails in basically the same breath. The TET-S file I have goes very near them, but doesn't include them. The easier of the two, #82, has a Northeast terminus on Joe Brown Hwy at N35.22557, W84.28978 and a Southwest terminus on Hwy 68 at N35.19144, W84.33913. It crosses over Old TN 68 near the access road to Buck Bald. Trail 81 has a Northern terminus on McFarland Road at N35.16668, W84.39866 and a Southern terminus on Smith Mountain Road at N35.14042, W84.40485. Mike Dozier of Tellico Plains maintains these trails and is a great resource to check with about trail conditions and other area rides. Unfortunately, he just closed Tellico Motorcycle Outfitters last week, but clicking on his name will get you to his contact information (he's also "minimike" on ADV). Also, I've based many great rides on inmate Python423's tracks; just do a search.

I also prefer riding in the mountains, but have a lot of fun on day trips down in the flatlands. You can really let 'er rip on a lot of our straight sandy roads, and enjoy a wide variety of scenery and good eats.
Old 03-05-2014, 04:25 AM   #58
BOIKE333
Gnarly Adventurer

Awesome thanks so much for the info.........
Old 03-05-2014, 06:17 AM   #59
Wlfman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,288
Quote:
I also prefer riding in the mountains, but have a lot of fun on day trips down in the flatlands. You can really let 'er rip on a lot of our straight sandy roads, and enjoy a wide variety of scenery and good eats.
Yep Did a ride a few weeks ago and was hitting 70-75 on some of the stretches

Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the people who are doing it."
"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and JUST BE HAPPY."
Wlfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 06:18 AM   #60
Wlfman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,288
Quote:
Trails 81 and 82 are motorcycle trails in the Cherokee Nat'l Forest in Eastern TN not far from Tellico Plains. I mentioned them because you were talking about taking the TET-S and trails in basically the same breath. The TET-S file I have goes very near them, but doesn't include them. The easier of the two, #82, has a Northeast terminus on Joe Brown Hwy at N35.22557, W84.28978 and a Southwest terminus on Hwy 68 at N35.19144, W84.33913. It crosses over Old TN 68 near the access road to Buck Bald. Trail 81 has a Northern terminus on McFarland Road at N35.16668, W84.39866 and a Southern terminus on Smith Mountain Road at N35.14042, W84.40485. Mike Dozier of Tellico Plains maintains these trails and is a great resource to check with about trail conditions and other area rides. Unfortunately, he just closed Tellico Motorcycle Outfitters last week, but clicking on his name will get you to his contact information (he's also "minimike" on ADV). Also, I've based many great rides on inmate Python423's tracks; just do a search.

FYI, Mike has retired as of Feb 28th and the store is no more...

Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the people who are doing it."
"Now and then it's good to pause in our pursuit of happiness and JUST BE HAPPY."
Wlfman is offline   Reply With Quote