Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2013, 04:17 AM   #241
CBVRacing
CBVRacing

Oddometer: 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget08 View Post
Can't wait till tomorrow's night's viewing of Dream Racer at Hoyt's Entertainment Quarter... So excited to see it on the big screen.

Missus is pretty keen too.
Thanks! You both are going to enjoy it...

Gents, tomorrow there will be a Q&A session at the end of the movie at EQ, so stay in your seats and ask away, I will answer every question you throw at me
CBVRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 01:23 PM   #242
El Ponkin
Bloodrunner

Oddometer: 2,012
Got the posters this morning will hit all the Springwood and Moorooka QLD shops Friday morning so they are up for the weekend shoppers. Will let you know which shops I hit.
Andy
KTM 690 EFI Idiots Guide
KTM 690 Troubleshooting Guide
El Ponkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 04:13 PM   #243
El Ponkin
Bloodrunner

Anyone going to the Stafford QLD performance, me and a few mates are meeting up in the "Beach Bar and Grill" at about 5pm on the Sunday to have a feed and a few. This place is in the same Stafford Shopping Centre as the AMC Cinema so should be staggering distance. Might see you there

Andy
KTM 690 EFI Idiots Guide
Old 10-09-2013, 07:24 PM   #244
CBVRacing
CBVRacing

Great turnout at the Australian Premiere of Award Winning Film, Dream Racer, last night with a massive round of applause from the audience at the end!

It's on tonight in Newcastle (10 Oct) and Sunday (13 Oct) in Sydney again. All details below for other locations across Australia! See you there...

Press release to share away...

http://www.newsmaker.com.au/news/27876/dream-racer-dubbed-a-life-changing-movie-event-at-its-australian-premiere#.UlX7QCG4aiw
Old 10-09-2013, 07:25 PM   #245
CBVRacing
CBVRacing

Great turnout at the Australian Premiere of Award Winning Film, Dream Racer, last night with a massive round of applause from the audience at the end!

It's on tonight in Newcastle (10 Oct) and Sunday (13 Oct) in Sydney again. All details below for other locations across Australia! See you there...

Press release to share away...

http://www.newsmaker.com.au/news/27876/dream-racer-dubbed-a-life-changing-movie-event-at-its-australian-premiere#.UlX7QCG4aiw
Old 10-09-2013, 08:01 PM   #246
dnrobertson
Big Bike, Slow Rider

Oddometer: 776
So why aren't you attending the Melbourne "premiere" for a QA session ?

Surely it's tax deductable?

2005 KTM 640A
2008 Wee-Strom
dnrobertson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 02:43 AM   #247
tHEtREV
Captain Awesome

Oddometer: 7,441
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Ponkin View Post
Anyone going to the Stafford QLD performance, me and a few mates are meeting up in the "Beach Bar and Grill" at about 5pm on the Sunday to have a feed and a few. This place is in the same Stafford Shopping Centre as the AMC Cinema so should be staggering distance. Might see you there

Andy
I'm going by myself at this stage, so I may have to crash a party.
tHEtREV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 02:49 AM   #248
El Ponkin
Bloodrunner

We're not fussy we'll drink piss with anyone.
KTM 690 EFI Idiots Guide
Old 10-10-2013, 03:09 PM   #249
PeterHOz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 222
Saw it on Wed night.....awesome

Was privileged to be at the screening on Wednesday. Movie was everything I expected and more.

Christophe was there and spoke to the audience afterwards and answered questions. Inspiring to see someone so committed to a dream. The madness of even trying to do what Christophe did (not training properly because he was spending all his time raising funds, maintaining the bike himself during the race etc) makes the achievement so much more incredible. Think Charlie Boorman and how he did so much less with so much more and made it seem so much harder...

We only have one life to live, Christophe cannot be accused of not living his 100%+.

Go an see this movie!!!!!
PeterHOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 08:08 PM   #250
CBVRacing
CBVRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterHOz View Post
Was privileged to be at the screening on Wednesday. Movie was everything I expected and more.

Christophe was there and spoke to the audience afterwards and answered questions. Inspiring to see someone so committed to a dream. The madness of even trying to do what Christophe did (not training properly because he was spending all his time raising funds, maintaining the bike himself during the race etc) makes the achievement so much more incredible. Think Charlie Boorman and how he did so much less with so much more and made it seem so much harder...

We only have one life to live, Christophe cannot be accused of not living his 100%+.

Go and see this movie!!!!!
Thank you!

Here is the radio interview that played on Wednesday night -- lots of accent . You can listen from 38'40"
http://eastsidefm.org/programguide/program-guide/forever-french/?dateIQ=2013-10-09
Old 10-10-2013, 08:09 PM   #251
CBVRacing
CBVRacing

Gents -- here is the radio interview that played on Wednesday night -- lots of accent . You can listen from 38'40"
http://eastsidefm.org/programguide/program-guide/forever-french/?dateIQ=2013-10-09
Old 10-10-2013, 10:17 PM   #252
El Ponkin
Bloodrunner

Took the day off and did the rounds with the posters, what a fantastic excuse to go bike shop shopping

Posters should be up at all these as well as those I did previously:

This first lot are all Springwood QLD

Motobarn (New accessory place - bloody massive)
Motorcycle Riders Warehouse (Just as big)
Ultimate Yamaha
Team Moto Honda
Team Moto Triumph
Springwood Suzuki

Full Throttle Motorcycles - Slacks Creek QLD
Olivers Motorcycles - Moorooka QLD
Team Moto - Moorooka QLD
Brisbane Motorcycles - Lutwyche QLD
MTM Motorcycle Tyres & Mechanical - Virginia QLD
Tyres For Bikes - Albion QLD
Brisbane Motorcycles - Caboolture QLD
Caboolture Yamaha - Caboolture QLD
Crazy Dogs Kawasaki - Burpengary QLD

And for those meeting up for drinks at the Beach Bar and Grill at Stafford Shopping Centre on Sunday 20th it is literally 20metres from the Hoyts and you need to drive around to the very back of the shopping centre to where you can see the Beach Bar and Grill right next to the entrance, might see you there.
Andy
KTM 690 EFI Idiots Guide
Old 10-11-2013, 03:23 AM   #253
Thunder Dan
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 740
Newcastle & Hunter Liked It!

A heap of us got down to the Mattara for feed then wandered over to Hoyts Charlestown. Wow, top work on the film. Once you see it, you can appreciate how much has gone into producing it, and secondly, why it has won so many awards.
After the film, we went back to the Mattara for a few drinks and just generally picked Christophe's brain on the finer details, like maintenance / tyre strategy, stage technique, finding high points to scout when you get lost, about the Master Stephane Peterhansel, and some of the spec of the limited release KTM690 RR bike Christophe secured ().

If it hasn't viewed in your city yet, but is coming, get onto the Dreamracer site & get ya self ticket. Highly recommended.

Cheers,

Dan.
Thunder Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 04:01 PM   #254
CBVRacing
CBVRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Ponkin View Post
Took the day off and did the rounds with the posters, what a fantastic excuse to go bike shop shopping

Posters should be up at all these as well as those I did previously:

Andy
Thanks Andy... I will drop each a thank you note.

Quote:
If it hasn't viewed in your city yet, but is coming, get onto the Dreamracer site & get ya self ticket. Highly recommended.

Cheers,

Dan.
Thanks Dan....getting ready for Chatswood on Sunday, it's going to be a dog fight to get the best seats
Old 10-11-2013, 07:20 PM   #255
Matt
Dirt Virgin

Oddometer: 1,896
Christophe, do you know how late tickets can be purchased before the scheduled start time?
Not sure if I'll be able to make it tomorrow but will try.

Matt

Why do people think bike riders all like rock'n'roll??
Matt is offline   Reply With Quote