Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2013, 05:07 PM   #46
Shov3BR
Tinkerer

Oddometer: 282
Anti-Gravity Micro Start PPS will charge an ASUS table with the right charger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antigravity View Post
Not really understanding the point of your post... I'm posting about a product that you can charge then take anywhere with you and you will have power to jump start you car,truck or motorcycle as well as charge OR power your Laptop, cell phones , blue tooth devices, Go Pros and most any other electronic PLUS has a built in flashlight and a built in SOS pattern...if your bike battery goes dead out in the boonies what is the Microsoft unit going to do for you? Yes you can buy other power banks that will charge your cell phone, but non of them are going to get your car or bike going again and give you lighting and and SOS pattern while your sitting waiting for help.... and our costs less.
Sorry this response is so late but we just returned from a ride to the Arctic Circle.

My post was in response to your post #6 where you state:

[Quote originally posted by Antigravity] I understand you are saying the Eeepad needs a 12v output ... but the fact is that they sell a USB charge cord (as you linked to on amazon) for the EeePAD would tend to disagree with your assessment...

Here is the reason... you cannot have 12v going out of a USB port. It is industry standardized at 5v for the specifications. There is no such thing as a 12v output USB port. Asus would not do anything contrary to industry standards nor would any electronics maker. So, IF the EeePad even has a USB cord that is made for it which is does... (http://www.amazon.com/Asus-Charger-Cable-EeePad-TF101/dp/B007GJR7GS)... I would then jump the conclusion that it can be charged by the USB standard of 5v. Furthermore it would be horrible if Asus made the only tablet that could not be charged by a USB cable which is also the standardized method of charging tablets and cell phones....

I think it can be charged by the 5 volt standard USB... if it was only able to be charged by a 12V it would have that proprietary tip going into a ROUND tip because that is a standard for 12v outputs too, though they have different sizes...I would suggest you buy that cable they sell on amazon and test this out... you would need that cable regardless for ease of charging on the road either way... I just has to be as I said because it just wouldn't make sense for Asus to get contrary to the entire industry. [quote]

This is not a good assumption which is leading your customers astray.

Here is a list of your statements and the actual fact:
  1. "There is no such thing as a 12v output USB port." FACT - No but it's worse - ASUS has a 15V output USB port.
  2. "Asus would not do anything contrary to industry standards..." FACT - they do something very contrary to the industry standards with this charger.
  3. "...nor would any electronics maker." FACT Are you kidding? Apple violates every standard they ever signed up for including the USB standards. They drive us USB power port manufacturers nuts with their non-standard stuff.
  4. "I would then jump the conclusion that it can be charged by the USB standard of 5v" FACT It can't, it needs at least 11V just to trigger the charging circuit and 15V to charge.
  5. "Furthermore it would be horrible if Asus made the only tablet that could not be charged by a USB cable which is also the standardized method of charging tablets..." FACT 5V USB is not a standard for charging tablets. iPad, Nook and Kindle do but ASUS, Windows Surface and I believe Samsung all require proprietary chargers that have higher output voltage.
Even though the ASUS tablet appears to use a USB charger it is really a 5V/15V unit! See my response in post #10 which explains a little bit more about it and why I ditched my ASUS Transformer Prime in favor of a Windows Surface tablet.

Now back to the point of my post - Don't let the weird ASUS USB charger deter you from purchasing the Anti-Gravity Micro Start PPS if you plan to use it to charge an ASUS tablet.

IMHO the PPS is one of the coolest products available and one of the most useful gadgets an adventure ride can carry.

My point was that it will charge an ASUS tablet if you can find the right charger. I did find just such a charger and wanted to let inmates know where to find it.
-Shov

'11 KTM 990 ADV Dakar, '08 KTM 690 Enduro, '09 H-D Road King, '82 H-D FXRS (Shovelhead)
Shov3BR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 08:30 PM   #47
tmotten
Lefthand ride Dutchy

Oddometer: 2,456
I'll be definitely getting one and will make sure any electrical goodies can be powered by a car charger (keeping it simple) and will replace the Acer windows tabs for something that does.
tmotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:27 PM   #48
Mr. Fisherman
PROUD 2B Riff Raff!

Oddometer: 10,660
Quote:
If you not totally stoked by it we will refund you completely... I think you are going to be blown away. We have had such great feedback and sales that we are super happy. It really is like a jack of all trades tool for electronics, and so easy to carry as just security...

In addition we are going to be offering a harness that attaches full time to the battery... sort of like a battery tender harness, but with 8awg wires and the Micro-Starts EC5 module tip... this will allow anyone to easily just plug in the Micro Start and jump the bike without needing to attache the clamps to the battery, or even carry the clamps... just plug it in and jump it... but the kicker is we will have a reducer-tip that will go from the EC5 to the normal SAE tip so you can still use this harness to hook up your regular charger and charge the battery without removing the seat.

Regards,
Any updates on this yet?

Need a tester?
Mr. Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 03:59 PM   #49
Recht
Binge Thinker

Oddometer: 1,199
Seems like a useful product to have, just ordered one.
Old 10-09-2013, 07:03 PM   #50
traveltoad
Aaron S

Oddometer: 6,639
This is the even smaller XP-3 which will still charge your iPhone then start your V8 (or bike) multiple times!

traveltoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:48 PM   #51
Antigravity OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fisherman View Post
Any updates on this yet?-----In addition we are going to be offering a harness that attaches full time to the battery... sort of like a battery tender harness, but with 8awg wires and the Micro-Starts EC5 module tip... this will allow anyone to easily just plug in the Micro Start and jump the bike without needing to attache the clamps to the battery, or even carry the clamps... just plug it in and jump it... but the kicker is we will have a reducer-tip that will go from the EC5 to the normal SAE tip so you can still use this harness to hook up your regular charger and charge the battery without removing the seat.

Need a tester?
Yes here is the update... the mold guys screwed up... they look nice but they made the wrong input for the C5 side...redoing the mold... very frustrating...

The smallest, lightest and most POWERFUL batteries
Antigravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:44 PM   #52
oz97tj
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 819
Quote:
Yes here is the update... the mold guys screwed up... they look nice but they made the wrong input for the C5 side...redoing the mold... very frustrating...
These sound cool, but SAE connections are usually connected to the battery with relatively thin wire only suitable for lower draw. While these adapters would add convenience, wouldn't they overload these wires?
Old 10-09-2013, 10:21 PM   #53
Dorzok
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,774
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz97tj View Post
These sound cool, but SAE connections are usually connected to the battery with relatively thin wire only suitable for lower draw. While these adapters would add convenience, wouldn't they overload these wires?
answer this correctly and i'm in once the molders get their act together.
Dorzok is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:34 PM   #54
Antigravity OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz97tj View Post
So you understand.... this part is to connect to an 8 gauge wire harness we will be offering.... This 8 gauge harness will take the place of the normal Battery Tender type SAE harness.... this will allow a rider/driver to connect the Micro start directly to this harness if they ever have to start the bike. This way they do not have to take off the seat or try to get clamps to the battery... just plug in and jump start. So the reason for this little adapter is so that they can connect the charger directly to the 8 gauge harness and charge the battery if needed. It just eliminates having to have an SAE harness AND our seperate 8 gauge harness.... Cleans it up a bit.

A normal SAE cable would burn up trying to jump start through it.... so we will have the 8 gauge wire and they can put this tip on the charger to charge through the 8 gauge wire.... Hope I made sense... I will try to post the harness also...

The smallest, lightest and most POWERFUL batteries
Antigravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:14 PM   #55
oz97tj
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 819
Quote:
So you understand.... this part is to connect to an 8 gauge wire harness we will be offering.... This 8 gauge harness will take the place of the normal Battery Tender type SAE harness.... this will allow a rider/driver to connect the Micro start directly to this harness if they ever have to start the bike. This way they do not have to take off the seat or try to get clamps to the battery... just plug in and jump start. So the reason for this little adapter is so that they can connect the charger directly to the 8 gauge harness and charge the battery if needed. It just eliminates having to have an SAE harness AND our seperate 8 gauge harness.... Cleans it up a bit.

A normal SAE cable would burn up trying to jump start through it.... so we will have the 8 gauge wire and they can put this tip on the charger to charge through the 8 gauge wire.... Hope I made sense... I will try to post the harness also...
Made perfect sense. I was under the impression it would be for use with existing battery tender type harnesses.

I'm not business man, but selling the adapters and the harness as a package only may be wise to avoid having those less than knowledgable types burn up their bikes.
Old 10-10-2013, 04:16 AM   #56
Mr. Fisherman
PROUD 2B Riff Raff!

Oddometer: 10,660
Quote:
Sign me up and let me know when you are ready for testing...
Mr. Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 08:14 AM   #57
traveltoad
Aaron S

Oddometer: 6,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. Fisherman View Post
sign me up and let me know when you are ready for testing...
+1
traveltoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 08:31 AM   #58
danman
tumbling tumbleweed

Oddometer: 172
Just ordered two, one for the bike and one for the wifes car. Lemme know when the quick connect pieces are available.
danman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 09:38 AM   #59
little foot
Scratch and Sniff

Oddometer: 5,881
I gotta have one of dees
Old 10-16-2013, 02:33 PM   #60
little foot
Scratch and Sniff

Oddometer: 5,881
I recieved my order, but where is the handy case?? Is that an accessory??