ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2013, 04:03 PM   #11161
ihatefalling
Let it roll

Oddometer: 3,332
Hey Swabbie - - - - -

I see what you did there with your CRF
Old 10-08-2013, 05:36 PM   #11162
mhm2a
Adventurer

Oddometer: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatefalling View Post
Hey IYAI - here's the latest update.

Trying to find out if he needs a wheelchair ramp built.

Let you know ASAP.

Update on Dylan's condition:
His surgery to put his ankle together went well they installed screws and a plates and the prognosis is very good that it will heal normally (over time).
His lung was partially collapsed and has now stabilized, but is severely bruised and has some fluid present. Where the ribs surround lungs there is a large hematoma of blood from the broken ribs that is restricting his breathing, but that is expected to dissipate without surgery. Of the twelve ribs on his right side, nine are broken, some are fractured in several places, he also has several fractured vertebrae. At this juncture, the doctors feel that no further surgery will be need unless the blood in his lung or the hematoma get worse. His collar bone may or may not require surgery. His biggest risk at this point is the possibility of contracting pneumonia, please pray specifically for that not to happen, that is a serious complication for someone with the injuries Dylan has. We were told we could most likely take him back home to Nashville either Saturday or Sunday. He will be in a wheelchair for about 6 weeks and will need a lot of physical therapy. As you can imagine he is in a great deal of pain, thank you all for your continued prayers… I will update again when we have any other news.
Dang! I hate to hear bad news about a fellow rider. I have ridden with Dylan on several occasions and I will add him to my prayers. If there is anything I can do to help please let me know.
Old 10-08-2013, 06:09 PM   #11163
threadkiller
Semi-feral Pappy

Oddometer: 1,778
Holla if he needs a ramp. I have the tools if you can round up some fools!
threadkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:39 PM   #11164
ihatefalling
Let it roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by threadkiller View Post
Holla if he needs a ramp. I have the tools if you can round up some fools!
ThANKS FOR THE OFFER GUYS . . . .. His wife said some neighbors are already on it
Old 10-09-2013, 04:48 AM   #11165
Wallachian Spikes
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 836
Quote:
Hey IYAI - here's the latest update.

Trying to find out if he needs a wheelchair ramp built.

Let you know ASAP.

Update on Dylan's condition:
His surgery to put his ankle together went well they installed screws and a plates and the prognosis is very good that it will heal normally (over time).
His lung was partially collapsed and has now stabilized, but is severely bruised and has some fluid present. Where the ribs surround lungs there is a large hematoma of blood from the broken ribs that is restricting his breathing, but that is expected to dissipate without surgery. Of the twelve ribs on his right side, nine are broken, some are fractured in several places, he also has several fractured vertebrae. At this juncture, the doctors feel that no further surgery will be need unless the blood in his lung or the hematoma get worse. His collar bone may or may not require surgery. His biggest risk at this point is the possibility of contracting pneumonia, please pray specifically for that not to happen, that is a serious complication for someone with the injuries Dylan has. We were told we could most likely take him back home to Nashville either Saturday or Sunday. He will be in a wheelchair for about 6 weeks and will need a lot of physical therapy. As you can imagine he is in a great deal of pain, thank you all for your continued prayers… I will update again when we have any other news.
I've already fired off a few prayers in his direction. Is there a way to send an occasional twenty?
Wallachian Spikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:24 AM   #11166
graygoat657
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 313
Quote:
Hey Swabbie - - - - -

I see what you did there with your CRF

Sorry, but I may need a moment alone after seeing that. Its nice to see that Honda can get their head out of their arse every once in a while. No doubt it will be unobtanium.
graygoat657 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:23 AM   #11167
ihatefalling
Let it roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by graygoat657 View Post
Sorry, but I may need a moment alone after seeing that. Its nice to see that Honda can get their head out of their arse every once in a while. No doubt it will be unobtanium.
Wonder why the Dakar type bikes run their headers down low like that ? ? ?
Old 10-09-2013, 09:31 AM   #11168
sandalscout
blah blah blah

Oddometer: 2,123
Quote:
No doubt it will be unobtanium.
I think I recall when the pictures surfaced last last year, people were throwing around something like $38,000. I could be WAY off on this, maybe even getting bikes mixed up.

Quote:
Rear fuel tanks?
Old 10-09-2013, 09:35 AM   #11169
TanasiRob
Squid Emeritus

Oddometer: 977
http://www.vipcomm.com.br/novo/busca...O%20MARROCOS/1

nine pages of much better views

Old 10-09-2013, 01:19 PM   #11170
Spinnit man
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 364
Quote:
Very cool I wanta go ! ! :)
Old 10-09-2013, 01:20 PM   #11171
Spinnit man
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 364
Quote:
Fellow rider needs your positive vibes . . . . .

Some of you guys know Dylan ( dmvmechanics ).

He's a good guy - has had some bad luck. Heal quick bro . .

Here's a note from his wife :

Dear friends, I would so appreciate your prayers right now. I got the call yesterday afternoon that my husband Dylan was in a motorcycle accident in Knoxville, TN. From what I understand, he went flying off a short cliff & into some trees while riding through the mountains with some friends. He has multiple rib fractures, a punctured lung, broken collar bone, a few small fractures in his spine and a broken ankle that he'll be having surgery on this morning, as well as possibly having a chest tube put in to help inflate the lung and help with the blood that is accumulating in the lung (I think that's right...)
I arrived in Knoxville last night with Davis our newborn and some amazing friends from church who came to help me. (Thank you Tina & Jennifer!) We will be here at least the next few days, not sure how long yet.
It's going to be a long and painful recovery and we both will need strength and patience, but God is good and has us in His loving hands. I could've easily received a very different phone call. Thankful for the angels that were by his side. Keep us in your thoughts & prayers. Thank you

Dylan's a tough dude. I expect he is more pissed about his Ducati getting scratched than he is about his injuries.

God Bless Dylan and His family, in Jesus Name, Amen ! !
Old 10-09-2013, 06:18 PM   #11172
graygoat657
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 313
Quote:
I have my ideas, but I'm going to use a life line and phone a friend to find out.
graygoat657 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 04:51 AM   #11173
Wallachian Spikes
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 836
WOW! I'm shocked that this whole "government shutdown" is still going on. Can't see the Reps. & Dems. at any great odds over voting themselves more credit. Wonder if our $17,000,000,000,000 debt has caught up with us & "World Bank" has finally told our little spending addicts up in D.C. "No More Credit For You!"?

Might be a good time to stock up on food, gas & ammo, if you haven't already.
Wallachian Spikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 05:21 AM   #11174
Backwoodsone
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 108
Ride

Hey folks just wanted to remind y'all of the ride this Sunday please PLESE come ride with us an enjoy the food an fun we will have great door prizes an just doing a good thing for Aubrey, thank you wallichain for your help with gettin the info out dude! Couldn't have done it with out you!
Dylan an family, y'all are in my prayers! An my boys prayers. Prayer works Jesus helps us all no matter what the circumstance! He answers all prayers. We just have to ask . If I can help please let me know I will do what I can
Backwoodsone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 05:35 AM   #11175
Backwoodsone
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 108
Bone heads

I have a question, since the idiots are shut down, do we need to be paying federal taxes, an why is it when you owe them money you are on a time line to pay it back but if they owe you than.....HA good luck!
Backwoodsone is offline   Reply With Quote