Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2013, 02:02 PM   #31
HalfPlate OP
What? Where?

Oddometer: 1,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtDan View Post
Andrew, great getting ride and play with ya last weekend. I will not soon forget our challenge through the woods, as of now, my sore muscles won't let me!
Dan,
If you guys get an f800 let me know, I need to rent one before the next challenge. Don't worry I'll bring my own pile of clutch plates.
3rd BMW GS Trophy Challenge Qualifier 2012
IBA# 34681 (SS1000)
"luck played a fundamental role" Carlo Boffi
HalfPlate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 06:26 PM   #32
pangea
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
another qualifier, checking in

So great to be among a group of knuckle-heads, going through it all together. I know that I learned a great deal more about my bike by participating - but I learned gobs more about myself.

When I saw some young bucks - with badass gear - doing no better or worse than someone 2 (OR THREE!) times his age - on something 20 years old, that shifted like an old Farmall Tractor - I realized.....

.... the bike doesn't care if you're fat, old, a man or woman.... the limiting factor is the fear of the unknown that we all share.

The first day - the seated riding - and road technicals.... I plumeted down in the standings, only because I was so completely in my own head. The things we were asked to do - I do all the time, naturally - without thinking about it. After lunch, and a conscious decision to relax and enjoy - and during our first foray into the dirt (and standing) - I think I placed in the top 10. I continued to remain unafraid and have fun - and that feeling has been staying with me since.

After our event - I rode the spine of the Appalacian Mtns all the way to W. VA - and at least 50% of it was on dirt roads and trails. It took me nearly 5 days - and I felt like a beast.

Look out for me next time boys (and girls). I plan on sweeping this thing with a fearlessness and calm that you've all helped me achieve.

I look forward to riding with some or all of you again soon.
pangea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 06:38 AM   #33
HalfPlate OP
What? Where?

Oddometer: 1,044
DrWhipit was kind enough to put this great video together of Dan, Jake and I completing our team challenge event Sunday morning. I swear my back still hurts from pushing and dragging that worn out 800.

Part 1

Part 2
3rd BMW GS Trophy Challenge Qualifier 2012
IBA# 34681 (SS1000)
"luck played a fundamental role" Carlo Boffi
HalfPlate is offline   Reply With Quote