Old 09-22-2013, 10:18 AM   #376
larryboy
Paint it black.

Oddometer: 13,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uller View Post
NAPA drops sponsorship of MWR.

From the mobile...

and that's why I said Truex should quit. I'd have come out of the car, thrown my helmet at Bowyer and punched Waltrip right in the face in front of God and country. Tell the world that you're not a cheater and a week later he'd be Kurt Busch's team mate with a big NAPA on the hood. Truex has always had a hard time knowing when to cut and run, wasted way too much time driving for Teresa too.
Old 09-22-2013, 01:25 PM   #377
RedRocket OP
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,220
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryboy View Post
and that's why I said Truex should quit. I'd have come out of the car, thrown my helmet at Bowyer and punched Waltrip right in the face in front of God and country. Tell the world that you're not a cheater and a week later he'd be Kurt Busch's team mate with a big NAPA on the hood. Truex has always had a hard time knowing when to cut and run, wasted way too much time driving for Teresa too.
The way you put it, that sounds like it would have been a possible scenario.
Helluva chance for a driver to take though, trying to walk from a multi million $ contract.
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:03 AM   #378
larryboy
Paint it black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocket View Post
The way you put it, that sounds like it would have been a possible scenario.
Helluva chance for a driver to take though, trying to walk from a multi million $ contract.

From nascar.com;

Waltrip said Friday that he wouldn't hold Truex Jr., back, and if the 33-year-old sought work and opportunity elsewhere, such a split would be amicable.

"We asked if we could have a little time to try to figure this out and he agreed to that," Waltrip said of his conversation with Truex Jr. "If he came to me tomorrow and said I've got a deal to go do something, then obviously I would not hold him back. His support and loyalty for our organization has been amazing. He drove some kind of crappy cars when he first got to our shop. We were able to build those cars better, make them faster and he's been able to be a race-winning Chase guy. I owe him a lot for his loyalty and his passion for our team.

"I wouldn't hold him back from doing something that he wanted to do but what I would like him to do is hang around so we can attract a sponsor and keep him in our cars."
Old 09-23-2013, 05:05 PM   #379
pbarmy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryboy View Post
Yeah, that was cool...pretty good race too.

Didn't his Dad run the 22 a little bit in Cup? Logano had better start winning on a consistent basis or there might be another Blaney in his seat.
Cant remember if he drove it.Got a late start in cup,hes a bitch in just about any open wheeler on dirt.
Old 09-23-2013, 07:59 PM   #380
r_bin
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 685
Dave ran the 22 for Bill Davis in 2007-8. I think it had Caterpillar as primary sponsor.
r_bin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 02:40 PM   #381
pbarmy
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_bin View Post
Dave ran the 22 for Bill Davis in 2007-8. I think it had Caterpillar as primary sponsor.
On another note,I see Hornish may be searching for a ride.This is good and bad,good because Ryan Blaney is rumored to be in line for that seat,bad because Sam,s from just down the road in Defiance Ohio,(I saw him at a Social Distortion concert a few years back)and may win the Nationwide series this year.Kinda like Johnny Benson,won the Busch series and Truck championship then went nowhere,bummer.
Old 09-24-2013, 02:59 PM   #382
RedRocket OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbarmy View Post
On another note,I see Hornish may be searching for a ride.This is good and bad,good because Ryan Blaney is rumored to be in line for that seat,bad because Sam,s from just down the road in Defiance Ohio,(I saw him at a Social Distortion concert a few years back)and may win the Nationwide series this year.Kinda like Johnny Benson,won the Busch series and Truck championship then went nowhere,bummer.

That would be a surprise to me. He and Penske seemed to have one of those forever relationships.
Old 09-24-2013, 04:14 PM   #383
Uller
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,656
In an article about the involvement of the #22 team and the cheating scandal there was a statement about Sam. "He (Penske) also says he's yet to make a decision on Sam Hornish Jr's future. Hornish leads the Nationwide Series standings but has no Cup ride for 2014. Penske says he told Hornish to look around at other offers."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/stor...-logano-092213

Sounds like Hornish is SOL when it comes to a Cup Ride with Penske next year.
Uller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 04:31 PM   #384
RedRocket OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uller View Post
In an article about the involvement of the #22 team and the cheating scandal there was a statement about Sam. "He (Penske) also says he's yet to make a decision on Sam Hornish Jr's future. Hornish leads the Nationwide Series standings but has no Cup ride for 2014. Penske says he told Hornish to look around at other offers."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/stor...-logano-092213

Sounds like Hornish is SOL when it comes to a Cup Ride with Penske next year.
I guess that's the problem, Sam feels he's earned his stripes in Nationwide and wants back into Sprint Cup.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:16 AM   #385
larryboy
Paint it black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocket View Post
I guess that's the problem, Sam feels he's earned his stripes in Nationwide and wants back into Sprint Cup.

Send him back to open wheel with Montoya!!

What the hell happened to Marty Reid, it was like he had a stroke or something at the end of that Nationwide race, then got fired?
Old 10-04-2013, 07:49 AM   #386
Mr. Ray
Chemically Enhanced

Oddometer: 3,530
Keep Your eyes peeled next weekend at Charlotte. We'll have a car wrapped in Oskar Blues colors running the Nationwide Series. The Driver will be Landon Cassill. We'll be at the track and if any ADV'ers are there please come by and grab a beer.

http://www.roadtofermentation.blogspot.com
Mr. Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 01:26 PM   #387
Uller
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,656
I had to share this. Thought it was funny.

From the in car audio of the #29 car of Kevin Harvick at the Kansas Race.

Harvick: "We've gotten screwed by smoke and duct tape....discretionary calls."

#29 Spotter: "I'll keep my eye on the interstate in case any wrecks happen out there. Might be the next one."

Harvick: "No kidding"
Uller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:37 AM   #388
larryboy
Paint it black.

From the Danica interview.

"Oh my goodness, I really don't know what happened out there."

Dear Danica,

When a car doesn't have down force like an Indy car and you jump off the gas there is this little thing called weight transfer.

So, Stewart isn't really adding a 4th car...he's smart enough to see that when the Danica money runs out that she will be fired and he will be back to a 3 car team.

Old 10-21-2013, 11:04 AM   #389
pbarmy
Beastly Adventurer

Wow,this thread is dying a slow death,just like NASCAR!
Old 10-21-2013, 05:15 PM   #390
RedRocket OP

I forgot to mention;

Last week they finally let Bad Brad win a race.
I guess his punishment for being outspoken is almost over.