ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2013, 08:32 AM   #1
Velociraptor OP
TrackBum

Oddometer: 1,021
KTM dealers around Seattle. Preference?

Planning on putting a deposit down on the KTM 1290 Superduke. Anyone have experience with both Lynwood Motoplex and I90 Motorsports? I had an immobilizer failure on my 990 Supermoto R and took it to Motoplex for repair. That was in June and now it is October and still the new part is not in. That seems to be more the fault of KTM Austria though and the people at Motoplex seemed OK. I found a work around for the immobilizer problem so that is why I am not freaking out. The KTM demo truck for the 1190 Adventure went to I90 but the demo got rained out. So where should I buy my 1290?
2002 RC51 SOLD
2010 KTM 990 Supermoto R SOLD
Velociraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:34 AM   #2
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,366
Worth the drive to Taskey's in Everett
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
6:10 to Yuma
trials and tribulations in the Mojave
Baja Blitz Yard sale
View Current Location via Spot Tracker
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:55 AM   #3
Velociraptor OP
TrackBum

Oddometer: 1,021
Looks like they do not sell KTM and anyway just focus on off road bikes?
2002 RC51 SOLD
2010 KTM 990 Supermoto R SOLD
Velociraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:59 PM   #4
Gootch
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 808
The guys at (Yamaha) Motosports of Olympia are very good and I know they sell KTM dirt bikes and I think the smaller KTM dual sports. I'm not sure about the big bkes. They ae not getting any pure street bikes -- I asked about the new 690 Duke and that apparently is going to more boutique style places.
Gootch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:20 PM   #5
Lumberjeff
River City MC

Oddometer: 85
Hinshaws Motorcycle Store in Auburn is the place I go for all my KTM needs. Tim in Parts, Jim in Service and Rick or Dee in Sales.
1979 VESPA P125X/166cc
I'M THIRSTY FOR A HARMON BEER
Lumberjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 04:29 PM   #6
grinns
Semper Fi

Oddometer: 1,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velociraptor View Post
Planning on putting a deposit down on the KTM 1290 Superduke. Anyone have experience with both Lynwood Motoplex and I90 Motorsports? I had an immobilizer failure on my 990 Supermoto R and took it to Motoplex for repair. That was in June and now it is October and still the new part is not in. That seems to be more the fault of KTM Austria though and the people at Motoplex seemed OK. I found a work around for the immobilizer problem so that is why I am not freaking out. The KTM demo truck for the 1190 Adventure went to I90 but the demo got rained out. So where should I buy my 1290?
Experience in mosses lake. Worth the drive. I have a truck if you need help. I have been looking at the 1290 duke too. It looks SICK.

www.experiencepowersports.com

grinns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:22 PM   #7
81forest
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 592
What about Cliff's in Bremerton? I've always had a good experience there, and the moto museum at the front entrance is pretty sweet, although I don't know anything about their service department. Let us know when you get the 1290, can't wait to hear a real review of that widow maker!
81forest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 03:53 AM   #8
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,366
Quote:
Looks like they do not sell KTM and anyway just focus on off road bikes?
Um, husaberg, husky, ktm... same thing. I woulda swore they were KTM too but maybe not. Sorry about that. I will +1 Hinshaw's though, they've always been real nice there.
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
6:10 to Yuma
trials and tribulations in the Mojave
Baja Blitz Yard sale
View Current Location via Spot Tracker
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 06:20 AM   #9
1911fan
Master of the Obvious

Oddometer: 2,635
Never been to Lynnwood dealer, and I did most of my own wrenching on the 990. But the sole experience I had with I90 Motorsports was above outstanding.
That said, the KTM dealer in Wenatchee is in new hands and is pretty nice, I get a lot of stuff there.

1911fan

Sometimes the light to see your way forward is provided by the bridge burning behind you.
1911fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 04:17 PM   #10
dondesmo
Senior Squid

Oddometer: 85
Quote:
I bought my '11 990 Dakar Special from Lynnwood. I paid it off in 90 days and when the title was sent it was for a KTM 530. Unfornunately I glanced at the title and filed it away. The following year I got a registration notice and finally got my head out of my ass and noticed that it was for a KTM 530. WTF. I was on the phone to the dealer and they got things straightened out and I finally got the proper title 18 months after I paid the bike off.
dondesmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:38 PM   #11
ThrottleThrill
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 433
Over the years, I have purchased a KTM 50, a Yamaha snowmobile, a 520, a 525, a 530 and a 990R at Lynnwood. Yet, since Fred left, if I walk in there, not a person knows who I am. But, if I walk into the dealership in Woodinville where I buy my snowmobiles and all my accessories (they even stock oil filters for my KTM's even though they are not a KTM dealer) they not only know my name, they know my wifes name, my kids names etc.

Net - Lynnwood is a machine, I will not be buying any more bikes from them unless like in the past, they are the only ones who have the bike I want in stock.

I have also heard great things about the new Wenatchee shop but have not yet been there.

T

T

'09 KTM 990R
'09 KTM 530 XC W
GasGas 300 Trials
'11 SkiDoo 800 Rev XP X
ThrottleThrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:46 PM   #12
MasterMarine
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,391
I bought my KTM 500 exc from Tyler at Experience Powersports in Moses Lake. I called around to all the dealers in the area and got prices. He had the best one. Great service after the sale. They took care of all of my special needs. He gave me a good discount on parts that I purchased with the bike. It was my first new bike purchase and I will be calling him for my next one. No BS. Just a great deal on an awesome bike.

Motoplex could not be bothered to give me a realistic price when I called them. Skagit had decent pricing, just not as good as Experience.
MasterMarine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 09:34 AM   #13
modeselector
Common as muck

Oddometer: 615
Many KTM's later and I prefer I90 and Experience.
modeselector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 09:42 AM   #14
WetSideRider
Recidivist Dirtbag

Oddometer: 1,109
Experience Powersports in Moses Lake.

KTM of Gresham is pretty easy to deal with also, may have a bit more 990 background if you are looking for service as well as decent inventory and pricing.
WetSideRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 12:19 PM   #15
Uller
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrottleThrill View Post
Over the years, I have purchased a KTM 50, a Yamaha snowmobile, a 520, a 525, a 530 and a 990R at Lynnwood. Yet, since Fred left, if I walk in there, not a person knows who I am. But, if I walk into the dealership in Woodinville where I buy my snowmobiles and all my accessories (they even stock oil filters for my KTM's even though they are not a KTM dealer) they not only know my name, they know my wifes name, my kids names etc.

Net - Lynnwood is a machine, I will not be buying any more bikes from them unless like in the past, they are the only ones who have the bike I want in stock.

I have also heard great things about the new Wenatchee shop but have not yet been there.

T

T
A Machine....Well put. I won't even buy oil there anymore.

There are much better places to give your hard earned money to.
Uller is offline   Reply With Quote