ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: Should we stay at MRA for WARPED X?
YES 34 85.00%
NO 6 15.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 12:08 PM   #91
Shunka
Supervision Required

Oddometer: 3,217
Did somebody say home brew?
Old 10-08-2013, 04:16 PM   #92
YetiGS OP
No Talent Ass Clown

Oddometer: 7,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonerov View Post

I might even get off my ass and bring a keg or two of homebrew this year. Of course, if it is a ride-in/ride-out only trip, I think I'll skip that. My poor little strom has enough trouble hauling my fat ass around....
You are welcome to bring your truck again. Especially if you bring some hooch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shunka View Post
You have to bring some too. Especially some of that Barleywine you made for the last San Diego Backcountry Ride! That stuff was epic!

Let's see: Western Adventure Rider Party and CRAft Beer event . . .

WARPCRAB!!!!

"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
Old 10-09-2013, 07:40 AM   #93
Bonerov
Damned dirty ape

Oddometer: 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shunka View Post
Indeed someone did. :teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by YetiGS View Post
You are welcome to bring your truck again. Especially if you bring some hooch!

You have to bring some too. Especially some of that Barleywine you made for the last San Diego Backcountry Ride! That stuff was epic!

Let's see: Western Adventure Rider Party and CRAft Beer event . . .

WARPCRAB!!!!
ooooh, barleywine.

WARPCRAB...love it!
Old 10-10-2013, 10:06 AM   #94
DannyG
I have the waypoint.

Oddometer: 3,350
i personally do care as long as i get to ride!
Old 10-11-2013, 08:06 AM   #95
Foot dragger
singletracker

Oddometer: 12,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonerov View Post
I've been away from ADV for awhile, and just saw this thread. I am a bit shocked at the level of drama and butt-hurt that seems to be going on this year. I've only been to the last two of these, so I am a noob. Regardless, I like the Kernville spot. My first year I was on my strom and had some great road/dirt road rides all over the place. Last year I was on my plated smoker and had an absolute blast riding trails, some of which were pretty darned challenging.

For me, WARPED = Kernville. I have gone on a lot of VERY adventurous weekend trips, and those are great. For me, WARPED is not supposed to be about all out adventure. It is a gathering of grumpy FFs during which obscene amounts of beer are consumed, stories are traded, and a bit of riding happens (or not). Again, I'm a noob and I recognize that my opinion doesn't hold the same sway as some of the old timers....
Alright,now Im wondering.........how many folks will bring dirtbikes in trailers this year? Im thinking of hauling my 200 or 530 down but it would be good to have other like minded loons to ride with .
A bike with out a plate would be fine in Jawbone would it not?

6 hours of slab is too much for the 530.
Old 10-11-2013, 10:34 AM   #96
mongox
ARRRRGH!!!

Oddometer: 2,477
There is also good riding in Keyesville OHV area at the dam, stickered bikes are good there too.

"Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music" unknown
Old 10-11-2013, 12:42 PM   #97
RAZR
yup ima hairstylist

Oddometer: 8,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot dragger View Post
Alright,now Im wondering.........how many folks will bring dirtbikes in trailers this year? Im thinking of hauling my 200 or 530 down but it would be good to have other like minded loons to ride with .
A bike with out a plate would be fine in Jawbone would it not?

6 hours of slab is too much for the 530.
there's a lot of people that truck their little sissy bikes in. bring it.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:57 PM   #98
pierce
Aven'Tourer

Oddometer: 9,996
trucks should be parked up on the overflow lot near the road, and please don't run around camp in a barely muffled dirtbike at 8am :-p
Old 10-11-2013, 01:51 PM   #99
RAZR
yup ima hairstylist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce View Post
trucks should be parked up on the overflow lot near the road, and please don't run around camp in a barely muffled dirtbike at 8am :-p

all of our bikes are db legal. dunno what this post is about.

and I park my van in the spot I paid for.
Old 10-11-2013, 03:13 PM   #100
pierce
Aven'Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZR View Post

all of our bikes are db legal. dunno what this post is about.

and I park my van in the spot I paid for.
I dunno, but a lot of non-street-legal dirt bikes sure seem to be a heck of a lot louder than stock street legal bikes.

re: parking, WARPED has always been planned around putting 4 campers per space, with bikes, reserving about 25 of the total 34 spaces at MRA. if 20-30 people show up in trucks and park them in all the camping spaces, there won't be any room for bikes. the $15 or so WARPED fee is about 1/4th of the price of a full space ($54).
Old 10-11-2013, 04:32 PM   #101
Excndez
Girly Adventurer

Oddometer: 190
Quote:
I dunno, but a lot of non-street-legal dirt bikes sure seem to be a heck of a lot louder than stock street legal bikes.

re: parking, WARPED has always been planned around putting 4 campers per space, with bikes, reserving about 25 of the total 34 spaces at MRA. if 20-30 people show up in trucks and park them in all the camping spaces, there won't be any room for bikes. the $15 or so WARPED fee is about 1/4th of the price of a full space ($54).
???

I guess I haven't missed much by not going before. I thought this was a riding, drinking, riding, and more drinking event. Rules for sound issues, parking issues, not to early issues, not to late issues, tent to large, tent to small, sleeping bag not the right color, whale foreskin gear to tight, etc.

Fook! I just want to show up and ride the good technical shit, drink to oblivion, pass out, wake up the next morning and repeat.
1970 CT70hko x 6
Old 10-11-2013, 04:41 PM   #102
pierce
Aven'Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excndez View Post
???

I guess I haven't missed much by not going before. I thought this was a riding, drinking, riding, and more drinking event. Rules for sound issues, parking issues, not to early issues, not to late issues, tent to large, tent to small, sleeping bag not the right color, whale foreskin gear to tight, etc.

Fook! I just want to show up and ride the good technical shit, drink to oblivion, pass out, wake up the next morning and repeat.
the no loud bikes is a personal preference, not a iron clad rule.

the parking situation, well, discuss it with management. this was the launch page last year, with the basic groundrules.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=845160
Old 10-11-2013, 05:30 PM   #103
RAZR
yup ima hairstylist

Quote:
the no loud bikes is a personal preference, not a iron clad rule.

the parking situation, well, discuss it with management. this was the launch page last year, with the basic groundrules.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=845160
there's never been a problem before with our trucks/vans. we tend to share between 2-4 trucks.

if you have a problem with 8AM riders (I'm definitely not one of then since I'm still in my tent hung over) go up to the rider and tell him in person. it's not a small bike vs big bike issue.

keep in mind... people on street bikes.... I've been joking throughout this thread about our small bikes but Kernville has some of the best Singletrack trails in SoCal. we've stayed at MRA a few times in the summer and fall throughout the years and they're always very nice to us.
there is so much riding in this area, none of you have ridden all the trails. no one. Sawmill Road and Jawbone Road and Rancheria Road are not trails.
there is NO adventure in riding a street bike hundreds of miles on pavement to a rally then sit around and drink for days.
we (small bikes) go to WARPED to ride AND drink. and drink.
so lets bury this issue.
Old 10-11-2013, 05:59 PM   #104
HAPPYTRAILSINC
single track rider

Oddometer: 938
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZR View Post
there's never been a problem before with our trucks/vans. we tend to share between 2-4 trucks.

if you have a problem with 8AM riders (I'm definitely not one of then since I'm still in my tent hung over) go up to the rider and tell him in person. it's not a small bike vs big bike issue.

keep in mind... people on street bikes.... I've been joking throughout this thread about our small bikes but Kernville has some of the best Singletrack trails in SoCal. we've stayed at MRA a few times in the summer and fall throughout the years and they're always very nice to us.
there is so much riding in this area, none of you have ridden all the trails. no one. Sawmill Road and Jawbone Road and Rancheria Road are not trails.
there is NO adventure in riding a street bike hundreds of miles on pavement to a rally then sit around and drink for days.
we (small bikes) go to WARPED to ride AND drink. and drink.
so lets bury this issue.

well said charles, just cause we ride little pussy bikes does not make us any less irresponsible than the sleds that others ride!

this is a riding and drinking event!

best of both worlds for both kinds of riding!

so bring AND ride what ud like!

***Tuned for a broad power band with the torque curve set just under the wheel spin threshold!*****
Old 10-11-2013, 07:36 PM   #105
VFR
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 668
Hang on Here!!!! I ride a sport bike up to WARPED & the only dirt it sees is going into or out of the campground. The pavement riding in that area is not too bad either.

Also, being a certified old guy, I don't necessarily sit around for three days either....

If it ain't fun, I don't do it!!!

Stuff - I need more Stuff....
Closed Thread