ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-30-2013, 01:42 PM   #736
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light
 
The Toad's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Location, Location.
Oddometer: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFanMan View Post
Brian, I noticed you shipped my last order right down the street from my office in New Hudson. For my next order do you have a local business address I can pick up from to save the shipping or is it too much of a PITA for you to worry about? I'm ok with it either way

Thanks much....Scott
We ship from New Hudson and have a small shop not far from there. It would be possible to pickup if you wanted. PM if you opt for that in the future.


thanks
-Brian
__________________
MondoMotos - LED Auxiliary Light Kits - Tusk Panniers
RoadRUNNER Magazine - Blog
Ride Reports - Four Corners - Amish Country - Costa Rica - Expedition Michigan (or not) - Tellico Plains
The Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 01:43 PM   #737
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light
 
The Toad's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Location, Location.
Oddometer: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADVNoobie View Post
Here are some pics of a set of new MondoMotos MM10 Bullets mounted on the horizontal cross member of my Adventure Spec crash bars on my F650GS.

Not sure if I'll like that location (kinda low), but it should be nicely protected from impacts - being mounted on the interior of the crash bars like that.

Haven't wired them up yet, but will report back on performance. Build quality certainly looks excellent.










Many thanks for posting up the pics and review, look forward to hearing more.


-Brian
__________________
MondoMotos - LED Auxiliary Light Kits - Tusk Panniers
RoadRUNNER Magazine - Blog
Ride Reports - Four Corners - Amish Country - Costa Rica - Expedition Michigan (or not) - Tellico Plains
The Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:21 PM   #738
dmac57
Beastly Adventurer
 
dmac57's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Western NC
Oddometer: 2,828
ADVNoobie FTW on the pics!

So, is the logo on the outside of the lamp body now instead of the front ring? Okay, I'm not stoopid, that's where it is in the pics , but is that an old pic or the current placement?
__________________
"Everybody's got to believe in something.
I believe I'll have another beer."
- W. C. Fields
dmac57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:13 AM   #739
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light
 
The Toad's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Location, Location.
Oddometer: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmac57 View Post
ADVNoobie FTW on the pics!

So, is the logo on the outside of the lamp body now instead of the front ring? Okay, I'm not stoopid, that's where it is in the pics , but is that an old pic or the current placement?
Keen eye.

We did change the placement of the logo based on feedback from those that were mounting our lights sideways, upside down, etc... the new version has been out there since July. Good too see some in pics



-Brian
__________________
MondoMotos - LED Auxiliary Light Kits - Tusk Panniers
RoadRUNNER Magazine - Blog
Ride Reports - Four Corners - Amish Country - Costa Rica - Expedition Michigan (or not) - Tellico Plains
The Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:52 AM   #740
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light
 
The Toad's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Location, Location.
Oddometer: 1,146
MM8 - Blowout

UPDATE AS OF 10/15 THESE ARE GONE

We are blowing out our remaining stock of MM8 lights

The price has been reduced to $39 (per) and with the ADV10 discount that brings the final price to $35.10 (per light).

The MM8 is NOT part of a light kit and perfect for replacing older Halogen units - or - if you have some electrical knowledge and dont require a harness and switch.

You can find them on our website here

MondoMotos MM8 Aux Light


Thanks,
-Brian
__________________
MondoMotos - LED Auxiliary Light Kits - Tusk Panniers
RoadRUNNER Magazine - Blog
Ride Reports - Four Corners - Amish Country - Costa Rica - Expedition Michigan (or not) - Tellico Plains

The Toad screwed with this post 10-15-2013 at 08:50 AM
The Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:39 PM   #741
kion
Gnarly Adventurer
 
kion's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Chicago,IL
Oddometer: 189
It took me a while to install them but I finally did it. Thanks for a great product

IMG_0674
kion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 10:29 PM   #742
GreatWhiteNorth
Beastly Adventurer
 
GreatWhiteNorth's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Winterpeg - site of flatness beyond belief
Oddometer: 1,889
Ordered!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Toad View Post
We are blowing out our remaining stock of MM8 lights

The price has been reduced to $39 (per) and with the ADV10 discount that brings the final price to $35.10 (per light).

The MM8 is NOT part of a light kit and perfect for replacing older Halogen units - or - if you have some electrical knowledge and dont require a harness and switch.

You can find them on our website here

MondoMotos MM8 Aux Light


Thanks,
-Brian
Ordered a set of MM8s for my Gen 1 KLR. Looking forward to some decent aux lighting (OEM headlight is pitiful).
__________________
Spending my daughter's inheritance one motorcycle at a time.
Bikes currently owned: '91 Honda Gold Wing with sidecar, '92 Kawi KLR650 with Enduro sidecar, '94 KLR650, KL250 Super Sherpa.
GreatWhiteNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 09:15 AM   #743
timbercat
Texas ADV Rider
 
timbercat's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Bandera Texas USA
Oddometer: 137
Ordered another set for my 2012 V-Strom 650. Haven't installed the yet. Can't decide on where to install them. Others have installed them on the front forks using current hardware bolts. There is also a bracket available from RevZilla I thinks that fits on the cowling up higher just below the windshield.
My question is, yes I have a question, which location would give the best coverage?
Also if I mount on the forks there is NO additional cost and the bracket is about 50 bucks.


ATGATT.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Riding a 2012 V-strom 650a just for the fun of it.
http://timbercat.smugmug.com/
Texas to Arctic Circle to Texas. June 2012
http://tinyurl.com/timbercat-spot
Texas to Georgia to Texas to Washington State to Texas. (15 States) - June 2013
timbercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 07:22 PM   #744
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light
 
The Toad's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Location, Location.
Oddometer: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by kion View Post
It took me a while to install them but I finally did it. Thanks for a great product

IMG_0674
Glad you're happy with them.

Thanks for posting up the pic.


-Brian
__________________
MondoMotos - LED Auxiliary Light Kits - Tusk Panniers
RoadRUNNER Magazine - Blog
Ride Reports - Four Corners - Amish Country - Costa Rica - Expedition Michigan (or not) - Tellico Plains
The Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 07:24 PM   #745
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light
 
The Toad's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Location, Location.
Oddometer: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by timbercat View Post
Ordered another set for my 2012 V-Strom 650. Haven't installed the yet. Can't decide on where to install them. Others have installed them on the front forks using current hardware bolts. There is also a bracket available from RevZilla I thinks that fits on the cowling up higher just below the windshield.
My question is, yes I have a question, which location would give the best coverage?
Also if I mount on the forks there is NO additional cost and the bracket is about 50 bucks.


ATGATT.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Personally I like them low on the forks (fender height). I think they do a good job of shedding extra light in the dark and make a nice "triangle" for the cagers during the day.


-Brian
__________________
MondoMotos - LED Auxiliary Light Kits - Tusk Panniers
RoadRUNNER Magazine - Blog
Ride Reports - Four Corners - Amish Country - Costa Rica - Expedition Michigan (or not) - Tellico Plains
The Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 06:28 PM   #746
RAD3766
0ld n00b
 
RAD3766's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Sugar Land, Tx. / NY harbor
Oddometer: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAD3766 View Post
Invoice received, PayPal sent........Let there be light(s).
Will post a pic after install in a few weeks.....Im outta town.
Huzzah! Oh, dem is some bright lights.
I have em mounted in a double stack for the moment, may move the lower lights to a different location, but for now Im diggin the light pattern displayed to the 4 wheelers.
The bottom right is aimed off to the right at about a 10-12 degree angle to help see the critters lurking in the ditch.
Gonna send in another order for my sons bike. Hes only gettin a pair of lights though. Will send pics when those are mounted.






__________________
Bob Dahringer
2013 Stelvio NTX. "Sophia".....
....named for another Italian beauty with big jugs.

2014 Road Trip: https://spotwalla.com/embed.php?id=a73953b592cac95c7
RAD3766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 07:28 PM   #747
RAD3766
0ld n00b
 
RAD3766's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2012
Location: Sugar Land, Tx. / NY harbor
Oddometer: 51
Brian,
PM sent.
__________________
Bob Dahringer
2013 Stelvio NTX. "Sophia".....
....named for another Italian beauty with big jugs.

2014 Road Trip: https://spotwalla.com/embed.php?id=a73953b592cac95c7
RAD3766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:30 AM   #748
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light
 
The Toad's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Location, Location.
Oddometer: 1,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAD3766 View Post
Huzzah! Oh, dem is some bright lights.
I have em mounted in a double stack for the moment, may move the lower lights to a different location, but for now Im diggin the light pattern displayed to the 4 wheelers.
The bottom right is aimed off to the right at about a 10-12 degree angle to help see the critters lurking in the ditch.
Gonna send in another order for my sons bike. Hes only gettin a pair of lights though. Will send pics when those are mounted.






Many thanks for the review and taking the time to post up pics


-Brian
__________________
MondoMotos - LED Auxiliary Light Kits - Tusk Panniers
RoadRUNNER Magazine - Blog
Ride Reports - Four Corners - Amish Country - Costa Rica - Expedition Michigan (or not) - Tellico Plains
The Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 02:28 PM   #749
jphii
OK, now what?
 
jphii's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Greenville, NC
Oddometer: 1,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Toad View Post
We are blowing out our remaining stock of MM8 lights

The price has been reduced to $39 (per) and with the ADV10 discount that brings the final price to $35.10 (per light).

The MM8 is NOT part of a light kit and perfect for replacing older Halogen units - or - if you have some electrical knowledge and dont require a harness and switch.

You can find them on our website here

MondoMotos MM8 Aux Light


Thanks,
-Brian
Whattaya mean "some electrical knowledge?" Isn't it just a hot & a ground coming out of the lead? Just about any switch will work, correct?
__________________

jphii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:58 PM   #750
mint julep
Gnarly Adventurer
 
mint julep's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Canada
Oddometer: 184
Update: 5 month report

I love these LED lights!

Well, after about 5 months, my light switch has crapped out.
I guess the Canadian elements were too much?

Hey Brian, any warranty on this? I have the MM10 kit w/original light switch.

Thanks.
Dave
__________________
2012 Triumph Tiger 800 XC
mint julep is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014