ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks > GPS Tracks - Central, Texas & Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-08-2013, 07:23 PM   #1
Loose Nut OP
wannabe

Oddometer: 282
Loose Nut DS 2013: SW Indiana-Nov 2 & 3, 2013

Tracks for the 2013 Loose Nut Dual Sport Ride in southwestern Indiana

Ride Thread:

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=873494

Providing three files for your GPS pleasure - all are the same except for the number of track points. With so many different GPS models out there and each one having a different waypoint and track point and number of tracks limitations, I have tried to simplify by making this more complicated. For all you GPS geeks out there you will understand what I am talking about........for the rest of you.........just ask a GPS geek for help.

Number of waypoints is only 128, so I think that will fit in just about all GPS devices. All 128 waypoints are included in each of the gpx files.

File: 2013 Loose Nut REV 0.gpx - includes full gps pre-ride track points - Saturday and Sunday tracks are each single tracks

File: 2013 Loose Nut 500 pt filter REV 0.gpx - all tracks have been filtered to a maximum number of 500 track points. In order to keep as much track detail as possible, Saturday is broken into two tracks - one before lunch and one after lunch. Sunday is still a single track.

File: 2013 Loose Nut 200 pt filter REV 0.gpx - all tracks have been filtered to a maximu number of 200 track points. In order to keep as much track detail as possible, Saturday is broken into three tracks corresponding with the gas stops. Sunday was broken into two tracks also corresponding with the gas stops.

Remember you only need to download one of these GPX files - which one depends on your GPS model...........see the following replies for the 500 point and 200 point filtered track files.

Hope to see you on the ride............

please NOTE this is a self guided self supported ride through southern Indiana on some of our favorite scenic roads...........this is a ride at your own risk with your own bike on your own schedule with your own limitations - it just so happens that several of us are going to ride it on the same weekend......If you can't make it that weekend, I would recommend that you save one of these GPX files and take this historical rich and scenic ride through south western Indiana

Loose Nut
Attached Files
File Type: gpx 2013 Loose Nut REV 0.gpx (1.28 MB, 265 views)
Loose Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:28 PM   #2
Loose Nut OP
wannabe

tracks filtered to a 500 track point maximum
Attached Files
File Type: gpx 2013 Loose Nut 500 pt filter REV 0.gpx (346.3 KB, 148 views)
Old 10-08-2013, 07:29 PM   #3
Loose Nut OP
wannabe

tracks filtered to a 200 track point maximum
Attached Files
File Type: gpx 2013 Loose Nut 200 pt filter REV 0.gpx (248.3 KB, 93 views)
Old 10-08-2013, 08:10 PM   #4
RedBirdStation
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 526
Awsome, can't wait.

Good job laying it out.
Not me! I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved.
RedBirdStation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:58 PM   #5
Loose Nut OP
wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBirdStation View Post
Awsome, can't wait.

Good job laying it out.

well.........you ought to ride it before you compliment us
Old 10-12-2013, 06:36 PM   #6
billgo77
billgo77

Oddometer: 68
Nuvi Routes- Loose Nut 2013

I took Loose Nut's 200 pt filtered track and turned it into a route so the NUVI can digest it. For those who care, I used WINGBD3 program to convert it (without flags). Converted without flags looked awesome. The downside is that it can only be saved as a .gbd. So, when I converted it into a gpx file for wider sharing, the flags returned. It's still usable, but the flags get in the way of seeing some waypoints. Still much better than nothing. ADVrider wont let me share a .gdb file, so I uploaded the next best thing below. So use this one if you have a NUVI 550 or other semi smart (half dumb) adventure GPS. If you have a Garmin that only accepts routes, use this one, OR if you want the version that does not have flags (only works in Garmin), then PM me and I"ll send you the .gbd to your ADVrider account, or to a email account.

This version below is the .gpx and it transferred to my NUVI clean but with flags. I could work very well for you.
Attached Files
File Type: gpx 2013 Loose Nut 200 pt NUVI Rev 0.gpx (1.06 MB, 65 views)

billgo77 screwed with this post 10-16-2013 at 03:42 PM
billgo77 is offline   Reply With Quote