User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2013, 12:58 AM   #46
exile730
exile730

Oddometer: 67
all hail DR Riders!

DR agricultural - never! On my DR I have a key, a high beam light, a neutral light and indicator idiot lights - I even have a speedo! Bloody KLRs and their high tech 'on board' computery whatdoyoumaflips (tachometer) and liquid cooling. Humbug - I tell you. Humbug! Who wants a nice screen/s, free luggage, bigger tank, luggage rack, comfy seat and modern tech as standard for the same price? Not me - I would much rather spend another $1500 putting it all on having shipped the bits round the world first. Or in my case buy an old battler where the PO has done 90% of the necessary hard work and $$$$$$$!

Posting wise I sat down and did my bit last night whilst my underpants dried out. I hit up the DR forum so here is the link

http://drriders.com/post101816.html#p101816

Feck - I got well and truly soaked. As you can see from my pix my trusty leather jacket and non-safety jeans along with my decade old army boots were rocked. I was well prepared for me. Check my new MX lid! The first full head I have worn in over twenty years and it was not too bad. I might even think about a waterproof jacket next .......

Rod was great company as ever and old JimM was a hoot. He was checking out some of my DR farkles so i will have to keep my eye on him. He was just a littlke too interested in my stainless rego plate mounting .....

Great day out and thanks to the boys for some great laughs. Until next weekend ......

exile730 screwed with this post 08-18-2013 at 01:14 AM
exile730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 06:12 AM   #47
rodmuzwa OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 174
A quick solo blast round my estate today. It was windy as all hell and to be honest it looked like it was going to rain too. Missed the bro's Brian and Jim but went out for a quickie anyway! I'm scared of sand by the way!

Old 10-12-2013, 06:06 PM   #48
rodmuzwa OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Finally, after weeks of waiting, we are back out on the road today. A road ride to Quindanning via Dwellingup and back via the gold mining town of Boddington with a bit of luck. The weather is fine, the sky is blue, WeeStrom fuelled and ready to go. I wonder what bike Brian will bring today!
Old 10-13-2013, 06:19 AM   #49
rodmuzwa OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Well folks, my hopes and dreams of a decent ride to blow away the cobwebs were crushed. Brian's Beemer battery shit itself as he fuelled up. There's always next week I suppose!
Old 11-26-2014, 07:19 AM   #50
rodmuzwa OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Wink Back, finally!

Well,we're back! Actually, I'm back. Brian hasn't actually been off here but I lost the love almost a year ago. Not sure why exactly but I suppose life and family stuff just took over so Wee and Big K were left in the garage, idle and lonely.
I got to the point where I decided to sell both bikes and give up altogether. Sadly Wee has found a new home but something inside me couldn't let K go. Good job too. Went for a little blast with Bri and our new bud Rich who is also a bloody DR man- damn them and their uncivilized two wheeled tractors!
Anyway, only a couple of hundred clicks to Quindanning where Rich and I were soundly beaten at darts by Brian. Good ride though and I think I've got the bug back. Just need to figure out how to upload photos again.
Good to be back and looking forward to reading and writing lots of RRs in the future.
Keep it shiny side up folks.
Old 11-27-2014, 06:27 AM   #51
rodmuzwa OP
Gnarly Adventurer

photo 1356444B-20C1-4FE4-9852-496D82D3FC06_zpsucdryt29.jpg

The DR lads and the bikes at the big log in Dwellingup, raring to hit the road! photo D4C34B99-9B01-4767-88C7-50D8B12284E7_zpsxqjetnmm.jpg

It would be rude not to stop at the Blue Wren for a sausage roll or pie before the ride.

photo 4054A953-B5F6-4BF3-800F-04F6BB1A39E4_zpshlb9s1dw.jpg

East along Pinjarra Williams Road to Lower Hotham Road. Unfortunately Rich didn't realise we were turning off so carried on alone for a few km's before realising we had stopped. Gave Brian and I a chance to acquaint ourselves with the local flies- and there were plenty of them!

Then it was off down Lower Hotham Road to see what we could see, and look what we came across:

photo 059D2345-578F-4E21-8AE3-A12CD8D4FA5E_zpskyco9lmn.jpg

One of the longest if not the longest conveyor belts in the world. It runs for 105 km's and carries bauxite from minesite to refinery. Impressive feat of engineering.

Onwards toward the Quindanning Harvey Rd:

photo 09DB4BFF-D98A-434C-BCCA-E2810776FB62_zpsqhmhibgo.jpg

Junction of Lower Hotham and Harvey Quindanning Roads. You can see from the background hill where the mining companies have removed the bauxite. Certainly changes the landscape a bit!

photo 22F22C2C-6A1B-4435-8B68-724876ABE2B6_zpsvikcrngs.jpg
"Yes Richard the KLR is more comfortable, more refined and generally better than the DR. Yes you should have bought one. No, you can't have mine!"

On to the Quindanning Inne where we enjoyed a nice cool beverage and got flogged at Darts by Brian. He clearly didn't go to school when he was supposed to!
 photo C5D53FF9-AC86-407D-BABD-E7E356C74434_zpstdjyavar.jpg

photo 96596528-6063-4314-9B56-10944E5EFEA2_zps6oo5ftes.jpg

Then a gentle ride home where we passed a nice big brown snake (none of us were game to go back for a photo) and a front tyre puncture for me.

photo 1316B09E-F2CE-41C6-A84E-EF69A31E407B_zpskpzf7wir.jpg

Big K feeling a little sorry for herself after the ride. All fixed now and looking forward to the next one. Great job lads!

rodmuzwa screwed with this post 11-27-2014 at 06:50 AM
rodmuzwa is offline   Reply With Quote