ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > The perfect line and other riding myths
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-11-2013, 10:34 AM   #46
waveydavey
happy times!!
 
waveydavey's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Pulling dragons from the ground again
Oddometer: 9,285
Why is everybody in such a hurry anyhow?
__________________
FUCK CANCER!!!!
waveydavey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:34 AM   #47
nwpa
Generally amused
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Location: Along the Great Lakes
Oddometer: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by corndog67 View Post
Because CA is better. Why would you sit back 4 cars? Why would you let someone's inattention either piss you off, or make you sit there for another cycle or two? Time is money, if someone wastes my time, I go right around. To just sit other because you might get ran over? Fuck, if you're scared buy a Prius. To sit and cower because you might get hurt, is for pussies. Man up, take control, get the fuck out of there. You do know that this is a dangerous form of transport, right?
You're not an ATGATT kinda guy I guess....
nwpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 11:08 AM   #48
corndog67
Banned
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Santa Maria, CA
Oddometer: 1,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwpa View Post
You're not an ATGATT kinda guy I guess....
Why would you assume that? You're just guessing, and you're wrong. Because I'm not scared and don't ride like a pussy, you would assume that I don't wear gear? I don't wear Hi-Viz, anyway..

I did get called a "California Faggot" when I was splitting lanes in Bay City, Michigan, on a bike with California plates. Very intelligent population there. And why are most of the women really fat?

I see by your bio that you either don't have a bike, or you are not willing to identify what you ride. I've also noticed that the people that make most of the comments about gear, or labeling people squids, are the guys with the least amount of experience. Accurate?.

corndog67 screwed with this post 10-11-2013 at 11:21 AM
corndog67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 11:42 AM   #49
FJ Fun
Grouchy Old Squid
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Clinton, Ar......The edge of Twisty Heaven
Oddometer: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADW View Post

What I'd recommend instead of a Stebel are Goldwing GL1800 horns. Loud as hell, sound like a train, and Honda has great build quality. Pretty easy to find on CL or eBay. Make sure you get the GL1800 twin horns set.
+1 on the GL 1800 horns. A Goldwing was the first motorcycle I've ever owned that I didn't feel the need to immediately upgrade the horn on. I have a pair of GL 1800 horns given to me that I'm planning on mounting on my FJ 1200.

Joe
FJ Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 12:39 PM   #50
nwpa
Generally amused
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Location: Along the Great Lakes
Oddometer: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by corndog67 View Post
Why would you assume that? You're just guessing, and you're wrong. Because I'm not scared and don't ride like a pussy, you would assume that I don't wear gear? I don't wear Hi-Viz, anyway..

I did get called a "California Faggot" when I was splitting lanes in Bay City, Michigan, on a bike with California plates. Very intelligent population there. And why are most of the women really fat?

I see by your bio that you either don't have a bike, or you are not willing to identify what you ride. I've also noticed that the people that make most of the comments about gear, or labeling people squids, are the guys with the least amount of experience. Accurate?.
Not that I owe you any explanation, but I have 48 states, three countries and 43 riding years under my belt, and currently enjoy a 1200GS. And I plan on living to enjoy another good 20 years of riding. You make your choices, I'll make mine.
nwpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 12:55 PM   #51
corndog67
Banned
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Santa Maria, CA
Oddometer: 1,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwpa View Post
Not that I owe you any explanation, but I have 48 states, three countries and 43 riding years under my belt, and currently enjoy a 1200GS. And I plan on living to enjoy another good 20 years of riding. You make your choices, I'll make mine.
I'm right there with you, 40+ years riding, 40+ bikes owned. My choice is to ride with conviction, not to let some cunt in a car on a phone make decisions on when, where and how I ride.

I made an assumption about you, much like you did about me. I guess I was wrong. Sorry, Charley.
corndog67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 12:39 AM   #52
millican
Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2013
Location: Tucson, AZ
Oddometer: 65
It's because all these drivers are staring at their phones, and nobody has made an "app" yet that tells them things like, "Go. The light is green."
millican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 02:38 PM   #53
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Hell town
Oddometer: 9,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVonBaden View Post
Why does lane splitting come up at nearly every discussion.
Because everyone wants to be a Hollywood Stunta!

Quote:
Originally Posted by corndog67 View Post
Because CA is better. Why would you sit back 4 cars? Why would you let someone's inattention either piss you off, or make you sit there for another cycle or two? Time is money, if someone wastes my time, I go right around. To just sit other because you might get ran over? Fuck, if you're scared buy a Prius. To sit and cower because you might get hurt, is for pussies. Man up, take control, get the fuck out of there. You do know that this is a dangerous form of transport, right?
Have you tried pushing that button that looks like a bugle?
__________________
2004 XR650L / 2001 R1150GS
NWVA TAG NWVA TAG MAP RTE THREAD & IN LIST



bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 02:46 PM   #54
bwalsh
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Hell town
Oddometer: 9,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by corndog67 View Post
I'm right there with you, 40+ years riding, 40+ bikes owned. My choice is to ride with conviction, not to let some cunt in a car on a phone make decisions on when, where and how I ride.
A distracted driver is making your decisions if you have to wait a few seconds? Jeez dude, get a grip!

Were you in any of the NYC squidfest videos? You sound like the type...
__________________
2004 XR650L / 2001 R1150GS
NWVA TAG NWVA TAG MAP RTE THREAD & IN LIST



bwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 04:31 PM   #55
Jim Moore
Beastly Adventurer
 
Jim Moore's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2001
Location: Jax, FL
Oddometer: 11,849
Fuckin' A, man. Go around 'em. It's even more fun on the scooter. I can fit through some TINY places.
__________________
Jim Moore
Jax, FL

Pay the lady, PirateJohn, you thieving piece of garbage.
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=949341
Jim Moore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 07:26 PM   #56
Benduro
Accountabilibuddy
 
Benduro's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: The Sierra Nevada range
Oddometer: 774
I'm pretty good about letting stuff roll off my back when driving or riding and not letting it get me pissed off, but the one that gets me EVERY TIME is when I'm at the front of the left turn lane on an unprotected light (rural) and I am waiting for pedestrians to cross to my left before I turn, and I get some spirited honks from 3 or 4 cars back. THAT makes me want to get out of the car, walk back and ask them if they'd prefer that I run over the people rather than wait for them to cross the road.
Haven't done it yet, though. Cooler heads prevail, and all...
__________________
"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering." - Tom Waits
Benduro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 07:14 AM   #57
nwpa
Generally amused
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Location: Along the Great Lakes
Oddometer: 499
nwpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 07:21 AM   #58
ZEmann
want to be riding
 
ZEmann's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2013
Location: Arizona
Oddometer: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleemus View Post
Wolo Bad Boy Horn. Works for me.
thats what i have on my bike i pissed away 13 bucks first buying a louder

disc horn that just didn't sound much better than stock

the bad boy already saved me from an illegal lane change


how about thee two left turn issues

A driver that once the arrow is gone they don't treat the light like a normal turn and just sit there before the cross walk and wait for the next light cycle ?

or the ass that sits back a vehicle length even though He is the only one at the left turn lane ,, He is activating the turn arrow so He can go first and make cross flow traffic sit and watch him proceed with an arrow all by himself ?
ZEmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 07:33 AM   #59
tkent02
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Littleton, CO
Oddometer: 1,979
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEmann View Post
thats what i have on my bike i pissed away 13 bucks first buying a louder

disc horn that just didn't sound much better than stock

the bad boy already saved me from an illegal lane change

Watch that Wolo... I used to think it was great fun to blast mine at the lane changers and all the other idiots who tried to hit me. They do move when you hit the button. Problem is you don't know where they will move to. Sometimes it's where you are, and they tend to move very quickly once that bad boy puts the fear of trains and trucks in their pea sized brains.

It's still fun, but now I only do it in a safe place, when there is plenty of room for me to move when they do.
tkent02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 11:25 AM   #60
corndog67
Banned
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Santa Maria, CA
Oddometer: 1,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwalsh View Post
A distracted driver is making your decisions if you have to wait a few seconds? Jeez dude, get a grip!

Were you in any of the NYC squidfest videos? You sound like the type...
You're an idiot, aren't you. You just can't help it, gotta say something stupid, trying to be clever like the cool kids.
corndog67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014