ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-10-2013, 05:11 AM   #11176
Wallachian Spikes
Studly Adventurer
 
Wallachian Spikes's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Somewhere between the sacred silence & sleep
Oddometer: 804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backwoodsone View Post
Hey folks just wanted to remind y'all of the ride this Sunday please PLESE come ride with us an enjoy the food an fun we will have great door prizes an just doing a good thing for Aubrey, thank you wallichain for your help with gettin the info out dude! Couldn't have done it with out you!
Dylan an family, y'all are in my prayers! An my boys prayers. Prayer works Jesus helps us all no matter what the circumstance! He answers all prayers. We just have to ask . If I can help please let me know I will do what I can
Thanks for the kind words but, my work on this project was minimal at best. I will definaltely be at the baseball field in Milan city park before 1:15 P.M. on Sunday Oct/13th. which is when the bennefit run for poor sick little Aubrey is officially "Kick stands up".
Wallachian Spikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 07:41 PM   #11177
Wallachian Spikes
Studly Adventurer
 
Wallachian Spikes's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Somewhere between the sacred silence & sleep
Oddometer: 804
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatefalling View Post
Awesome bikes
Yup & they got a lotta spweed too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMRsaJFtM9c
Wallachian Spikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 04:52 PM   #11178
wdavis009
Gnarly Adventurer
 
wdavis009's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Nashville, TN
Oddometer: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by threadkiller View Post
Who's riding Saturday? I'm gonna throw the SM tires on and roll out towards Gainesboro. Some of my buddies are camping on the Roaring river, so I'm gonna drop in for a while and ride some of the roads in the area. The weather looks like it's gonna be great!
I'm heading out to Westpoint tomorrow. Might do Hickman ride Sunday.
wdavis009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 05:03 PM   #11179
wdavis009
Gnarly Adventurer
 
wdavis009's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Nashville, TN
Oddometer: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by graygoat657 View Post
Not that anyone is in the market, but I happened by Castle today, and they have a lonely 2012 690 on the floor. Normally 10,299 marked down to 8,999. Slightly under used retail for a brand new machine. Might be the time to make a deal.
I called about that this week but had already sold.

Apparently the economy is doing quite well. I stopped by Sloan's today with the intention of making an offer on the 2013 690 they have. Stood around for 20 minutes before anyone even approached me. When I asked the salesperson for a price on the bike, he just pointed to the tag that said $10,299. Keep in mind the tag also said "Fall Clearance." So I asked, "Isn't that just MSRP?", to which he replied yes. So I asked what to me was the next logical question, "So why does the tag say 'Fall Clearance'? Doesn't that imply 'less than' MSRP? He just gave me a blank stare and said he didn't know why that tag was on it. I then asked for a price, and he just pointed to the tag again. So I said I guess I would see from Castle could do, to which he said "Okay". At that point I just walked out with my money. Reinforces my preference of ordering all my parts and accessories from Rocky Mountain and Motosport.
wdavis009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 06:32 PM   #11180
Backwoodsone
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: West tn
Oddometer: 101
Ride

Wallachian think we will pull out bout 1:30, when you head toward Tha city park from Milan there will be a road industrial drive it's on left before you get to park like right before city park can't miss it I do have signs out but they got made the size of notebook paper ha ha to late now just call me for anything dude see ya there! An to everyone else we got music,auction, an a lot of fish an fixings to grub on no matter if ya ride or not we are feedin everyone that shows up! Just for a $5 donation ! Ya can't beat that OH YEAH the fish is FRESH! Not bought!
Backwoodsone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 08:18 AM   #11181
Wallachian Spikes
Studly Adventurer
 
Wallachian Spikes's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Somewhere between the sacred silence & sleep
Oddometer: 804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backwoodsone View Post
Wallachian think we will pull out bout 1:30, when you head toward Tha city park from Milan there will be a road industrial drive it's on left before you get to park like right before city park can't miss it I do have signs out but they got made the size of notebook paper ha ha to late now just call me for anything dude see ya there! An to everyone else we got music,auction, an a lot of fish an fixings to grub on no matter if ya ride or not we are feedin everyone that shows up! Just for a $5 donation ! Ya can't beat that OH YEAH the fish is FRESH! Not bought!
Tomorrows weather forecast: High of 80, mostly sunny with a 10% chance of rain...... I like those odds.

I'll probably be out for the rest of today, as some bothersome dirt biker just called & explained to me how effective riding dirt bikes was in preventing "Spontaneous Human Combustion". I think I might already have that, so I'd better get riding.
Wallachian Spikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 09:13 AM   #11182
internalcombust
Yes its dirty, thanks.
 
internalcombust's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Middle TN.
Oddometer: 1,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavis009 View Post
I called about that this week but had already sold.

Apparently the economy is doing quite well. I stopped by Sloan's today with the intention of making an offer on the 2013 690 they have. Stood around for 20 minutes before anyone even approached me. When I asked the salesperson for a price on the bike, he just pointed to the tag that said $10,299. Keep in mind the tag also said "Fall Clearance." So I asked, "Isn't that just MSRP?", to which he replied yes. So I asked what to me was the next logical question, "So why does the tag say 'Fall Clearance'? Doesn't that imply 'less than' MSRP? He just gave me a blank stare and said he didn't know why that tag was on it. I then asked for a price, and he just pointed to the tag again. So I said I guess I would see from Castle could do, to which he said "Okay". At that point I just walked out with my money. Reinforces my preference of ordering all my parts and accessories from Rocky Mountain and Motosport.
I was in there the other day and not one person in the sales dept said anything to me. Many walked by looking at the ground or the wall. No friendly "hi, how are you" or anything. Seemed odd.
__________________
2012 Tiger 800XC
04 DRZ400S
79 GL1000 basket case
internalcombust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 09:56 AM   #11183
Tompound
M.M.S. Tommy
 
Tompound's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: TN
Oddometer: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by internalcombust View Post
I was in there the other day and not one person in the sales dept said anything to me. Many walked by looking at the ground or the wall. No friendly "hi, how are you" or anything. Seemed odd.
Been there several times does not seem like they want to sell bikes, try walking around the quads, and side by sides, they will probably be on you in a second.
I will buy used from a friendly private party before stepping foot in that place again!
__________________
M.M.S.
(Multiple Motorcycle Syndrome)
TAT 2009 all of it and then some.
TET 2012 and then some
TWVT 2012
Tompound is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 06:33 PM   #11184
Donttellmywife
Wheelie nice guy
 
Donttellmywife's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2013
Location: murfboro, tn
Oddometer: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tompound View Post
Been there several times does not seem like they want to sell bikes, try walking around the quads, and side by sides, they will probably be on you in a second.
I will buy used from a friendly private party before stepping foot in that place again!

I've been going into sloans once a week for 15 years. I hear both sides of the fence all the time. Some of praise, some of '' i'll never go there again ". Their still alright with me, but I have felt that the bigger their showroom gets, the less people skills they have. To each his own opinion.
__________________
No Harley will ever win an IronButt

dr650
Valkyrie interstate
Goldwing rat chop
Donttellmywife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 05:54 AM   #11185
jedtn
jedtn
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Oddometer: 24
Try this

I was in auto sales for 15 years. You need to make a real offer,one thatyou will take the car or bike home for.That will show the dealer your real and they will work with you.Most dealers will not give you a price to shop with and let another dealer beat it by 50 bucks.

Sloans has been good to me,I deal with Frank,I like cool springs too.I also think there is nothing wrong with them making a fair proffit.

Just a little of the other side

JED
jedtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 06:48 AM   #11186
wdavis009
Gnarly Adventurer
 
wdavis009's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Nashville, TN
Oddometer: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedtn View Post
I was in auto sales for 15 years. You need to make a real offer,one thatyou will take the car or bike home for.That will show the dealer your real and they will work with you.Most dealers will not give you a price to shop with and let another dealer beat it by 50 bucks.

Sloans has been good to me,I deal with Frank,I like cool springs too.I also think there is nothing wrong with them making a fair proffit.

Just a little of the other side

JED
I made a real offer. A very reasonable one at that. I have no problem with a dealership making a profit...they are there to make money. That's how capitalism works. I have purchased about 6 new bikes in the past 10 years, and know what a dealership expects in order to take a buyer seriously. I have also bought a new bike from Sloans about a year and half ago, my WRR. If the salesperson had bothered to simply ask my name, he could have easily checked and saw that I was serious (btw, that transaction was done completely over the phone). Unfortunately, this sales person didn't bother to do that and seemed uninterested in even talking to me about the bike. I guess I should have expected as much when they failed to respond to my email inquiry about the bike. In contrast, I also emailed Castle and a salesperson called within 24 hours. That person was also willing to discuss pricing over the phone, and how quickly they could get another 690 for me, even though I told him I up front I was going to check with Sloans since the 2012 690 had already been sold.
wdavis009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 12:18 PM   #11187
graygoat657
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Location: Franklin, TN
Oddometer: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavis009 View Post
I called about that this week but had already sold.

Apparently the economy is doing quite well. I stopped by Sloan's today with the intention of making an offer on the 2013 690 they have. Stood around for 20 minutes before anyone even approached me. When I asked the salesperson for a price on the bike, he just pointed to the tag that said $10,299. Keep in mind the tag also said "Fall Clearance." So I asked, "Isn't that just MSRP?", to which he replied yes. So I asked what to me was the next logical question, "So why does the tag say 'Fall Clearance'? Doesn't that imply 'less than' MSRP? He just gave me a blank stare and said he didn't know why that tag was on it. I then asked for a price, and he just pointed to the tag again. So I said I guess I would see from Castle could do, to which he said "Okay". At that point I just walked out with my money. Reinforces my preference of ordering all my parts and accessories from Rocky Mountain and Motosport.
I am bummed to hear that you had a bad experience. It maybe that the DS models are not on the Fall rebate schedule for KTM, but I could be wrong. If you are still seriously looking for a 690, call Sloan's and ask for Matt Sloan, or Curtis Sloan. Tell them Nick Z sent you. I let them know that a local ADV'er had a bad experience on the sales floor, and that he was seriously looking for a 690. I can't promise the deal of the century, but these are the guys at that dealership that can make something happen.
As for the other members that are looking for things, I can usually refer you to the key person you want to talk to in most of the local dealerships. Hope this helps.

graygoat657 screwed with this post 10-13-2013 at 12:33 PM
graygoat657 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 12:59 PM   #11188
Tompound
M.M.S. Tommy
 
Tompound's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: TN
Oddometer: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by graygoat657 View Post
I am bummed to hear that you had a bad experience. It maybe that the DS models are not on the Fall rebate schedule for KTM, but I could be wrong. If you are still seriously looking for a 690, call Sloan's and ask for Matt Sloan, or Curtis Sloan. Tell them Nick Z sent you. I let them know that a local ADV'er had a bad experience on the sales floor, and that he was seriously looking for a 690. I can't promise the deal of the century, but these are the guys at that dealership that can make something happen.
As for the other members that are looking for things, I can usually refer you to the key person you want to talk to in most of the local dealerships. Hope this helps.
Thanks!
__________________
M.M.S.
(Multiple Motorcycle Syndrome)
TAT 2009 all of it and then some.
TET 2012 and then some
TWVT 2012
Tompound is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 05:05 PM   #11189
wdavis009
Gnarly Adventurer
 
wdavis009's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Nashville, TN
Oddometer: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by graygoat657 View Post
I am bummed to hear that you had a bad experience. It maybe that the DS models are not on the Fall rebate schedule for KTM, but I could be wrong. If you are still seriously looking for a 690, call Sloan's and ask for Matt Sloan, or Curtis Sloan. Tell them Nick Z sent you. I let them know that a local ADV'er had a bad experience on the sales floor, and that he was seriously looking for a 690. I can't promise the deal of the century, but these are the guys at that dealership that can make something happen.
As for the other members that are looking for things, I can usually refer you to the key person you want to talk to in most of the local dealerships. Hope this helps.
I appreciate that Nick. Matt is who I worked with on the WRR purchase (he had to order it from Yamaha since they had none in stock). After my experience Friday, however, I am going to call Castle tomorrow and will more likely than not make the purchase with them.
wdavis009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 05:56 PM   #11190
racergirl479
Flying Merkel
 
racergirl479's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Murfreesboro Tn
Oddometer: 601
If anyone ever has any problems down at Sloan's you can always let me know as well... Im not a salesman so I dont deal directly with the sales prices etc... But i can always help find and talk to the right person...
__________________
Marisa
"This bitch don't ride bitch!"
'06 Dakar
racergirl479 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014