Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2013, 05:06 AM   #1951
_cy_
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,875
nice video .. would have never thought someone would take a Ducati 1199 cross country.
_cy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 05:06 AM   #1952
nunoajc
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiHero View Post
Definitely the only Beverly Hills Sign in existence with bullet holes in it:

And the land of Root Beer and Trampolines, finally:

This pictures dont seem Photoshoped in the license plates.

nunoajc screwed with this post 10-14-2013 at 05:15 AM
nunoajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:34 AM   #1953
AntiHero OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groomez View Post
I was gonna post that here. haha it made me tear up a bit.

I love being part of a community and getting in on the epic ride reports before they become widespread. Congrats man!

I may very well be an advhipster...
Thanks, Groomez.

And you might be right....just don't go starting a fixed gear trend with old CB 350s.... :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booker909 View Post
The video is awesome Dennis! One thought i have is "lucky bastard" but it's not luck at all. You made it happen. It was your passion and the willingness to simply say "yes" to everything that came your way that made it happen.
Thanks for posting this. The danger with anyone thinking everything just fell in place for me is that they very well might not think that they have any control over the things in their life that seem uncontrollable. I took close to a 50% paycut when I started this job just because it allowed me the kind of freedom that would only eventually lead to me roaming the countryside on my bike. Day one might have started at Newport Beach, but it took years to get there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunoajc View Post
Hello to all. Im reading this ride, but i have one question yhat is not necessary related to the ride it self, but why you dont have license plate on your bike? Is not the first time i see this.
By the way great bike, just love it.
I didn't have a license plate on my bike because the bike was brand new and California takes weeks (or months) to issue plates. CA may be the epicenter of technology, but our Dept. of Motor Vehicles is still operating in the 1970s.

I photoshopped out my license plate for two reasons--1) it's ugly and 2) paranoia (it's pretty easy to track down someone's identity and home address with just a plate number). In my latest pictures you'll see that I relocated my license plate and am not longer paranoid. ;)
AntiHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:39 AM   #1954
nunoajc
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by aboveangkor View Post
i think he photoshopped it out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiHero View Post
Thanks, Groomez.

And you might be right....just don't go starting a fixed gear trend with old CB 350s.... :)

Thanks for posting this. The danger with anyone thinking everything just fell in place for me is that they very well might not think that they have any control over the things in their life that seem uncontrollable. I took close to a 50% paycut when I started this job just because it allowed me the kind of freedom that would only eventually lead to me roaming the countryside on my bike. Day one might have started at Newport Beach, but it took years to get there.

I didn't have a license plate on my bike because the bike was brand new and California takes weeks (or months) to issue plates. CA may be the epicenter of technology, but our Dept. of Motor Vehicles is still operating in the 1970s.

I photoshopped out my license plate for two reasons--1) it's ugly and 2) paranoia (it's pretty easy to track down someone's identity and home address with just a plate number). In my latest pictures you'll see that I relocated my license plate and am not longer paranoid. ;)
Thank you for reply i understand now. It only happen in california? And the cops? what they think about that?
nunoajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 07:27 PM   #1955
AntiHero OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunoajc View Post
Thank you for reply i understand now. It only happen in california? And the cops? what they think about that?
Don't know what the cops think, it's pretty rare to get pulled over for having a dealer plate. There's nothing we as taxpayers can do about the DMV operating at a glacial pace.
Old 10-16-2013, 04:36 PM   #1956
flyingdutchman177
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,361
Wow, one million views
Congrads
I hope to be there by the end of the year.

On a side note
I bought a Ducati 916 new back in 1996. Still have it in fact.
Back in the mid 90's, it was by far the coolest thing on two wheels (except for maybe a Bimota). Recently, I saw a 916 parked next to a new Ducati like yours and I could not believe how ugly it made the 916 look.
On its own, the 916 is beautiful, but next to your bike, it makes everything seem outdated.
Kind of like........never let your GF or wife stand next to Katherine Heigl or Eva Mendes or you never look at her in the same way
flyingdutchman177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 10:37 PM   #1957
AntiHero OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdutchman177 View Post
Wow, one million views
Congrads
I hope to be there by the end of the year.

On a side note
I bought a Ducati 916 new back in 1996. Still have it in fact.
Back in the mid 90's, it was by far the coolest thing on two wheels (except for maybe a Bimota). Recently, I saw a 916 parked next to a new Ducati like yours and I could not believe how ugly it made the 916 look.
On its own, the 916 is beautiful, but next to your bike, it makes everything seem outdated.
Kind of like........never let your GF or wife stand next to Katherine Heigl or Eva Mendes or you never look at her in the same way
7 figure mark. Nice.

Funny you say that about the 916....inmate I recently stayed with in Whidbey has a 748 and I fell in love with it all over again. Yeah, you can see that it's outdated--the Panigale looks positively alien in comparison, but what a gorgeous looking (and sounding) bike the 916/748 is.

Old 10-17-2013, 09:27 PM   #1958
315duc
Adventure Hopeful

Oddometer: 4
Thumb

Thank god i found this late and get to catch up on your new journey! what else would i get to enjoy in my mundane life. i should probably be focusing on homework or studying between classes but i'd much rather be reading these amazing RR's. Always been a Ducati fan. All the amazing photos make me want one soooo bad. might take out a little extra on my next student loan for "transportation needs"..hehe. a little of that "fuck it" factor. besides the amazing adventure, a lot of what you said rang true and has me thinking a lot more. so thank you!
315duc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 09:44 PM   #1959
315duc
Adventure Hopeful

Oddometer: 4
Also, prior to reading this i ran across a quote from Tolkien...

"Not all those who wander are lost".

i found it quite fitting.
315duc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:37 PM   #1960
manban9888
Adventurer

Oddometer: 65
Hey AH, Just realized you started posting again. I loved your 1st RR and your book. Gonna go now and suscribe to your new RR. I just recently came back from 5000 miles in 20 days on my Nomad. Some ofit w my youngest son, some w my wife and some by myself and all of it fun. Your Ducati video was cool. Ride on brother
manban9888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 02:35 AM   #1961
Trane Francks
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by 315duc View Post
Also, prior to reading this i ran across a quote from Tolkien...

"Not all those who wander are lost".

i found it quite fitting.
I loves me some Tolkien.
Trane Francks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 12:57 PM   #1962
tanneman
I'm no Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
You are featured in Bike Magazine over here in the UK. Congrats, page 90 I think.
tanneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 04:44 PM   #1963
AntiHero OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanneman View Post
You are featured in Bike Magazine over here in the UK. Congrats, page 90 I think.
Thanks, Tanneman--I'm happy to hear that it's out! I still haven't seen a final copy. Hoping I'll get mine in the next week or so--along with the e-version.

Headline on the cover:

First page:
Old 11-24-2013, 05:33 PM   #1964
Hot Stuff
Road Dragon

Oddometer: 329
^ Not sure where they got that map from but thier geography is a little off
Hot Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 07:30 PM   #1965
rico2072
Gnarly Adventurer