ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks > GPS Tracks - Northeast, Southeast & Florida
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 84 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-08-2013, 10:30 PM   #361
rpet
Awesometown

Oddometer: 809
Whatever
Read my homie's underway Africa trip RR - Round Africa with a Surboard
WTB: Clarke tank for DR650 for cheap - any color but blue.
rpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 03:10 AM   #362
rthuey
twist your wrist!!!

Oddometer: 2,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack splash View Post
These are the kind of pics the greenies use against us.

I can't believe how many times I have to say this on advrider.

Jack
honest question. if the TNJT consists of legal albeit unpaved roads. personally i am relying on those that strung the pieces together on this point. these same roads that may have washed out in areas (i have done parts of it and witnessed myself) and may have mud holes. and yet are not closed. There was no harm intended by those posting their experience on same road.

guess it was more a comment than question.

PB300 or 500. Participants may and have posted pictures of 'fun spots' on adv. Aren't your roads all legal? Guess there is a question.

The greenies or anybody else can take any picture on this site or other sites that may even be of someone on their own property and use it against us. If you ride off road support a local club that actively looks out for your interest by becoming a member.
Old 10-09-2013, 08:34 AM   #363
rpet
Awesometown

Quote:
Originally Posted by rthuey View Post
honest question. if the TNJT consists of legal albeit unpaved roads. personally i am relying on those that strung the pieces together on this point. these same roads that may have washed out in areas (i have done parts of it and witnessed myself) and may have mud holes. and yet are not closed. There was no harm intended by those posting their experience on same road.

guess it was more a comment than question.

PB300 or 500. Participants may and have posted pictures of 'fun spots' on adv. Aren't your roads all legal? Guess there is a question.

The greenies or anybody else can take any picture on this site or other sites that may even be of someone on their own property and use it against us. If you ride off road support a local club that actively looks out for your interest by becoming a member.
On my 2 day trip I probably crossed 100+ 2-track mudholes, both wet and dry. 2 track as in created by Jeeps, complete with broken 3" recovery strapping lying about.

Whatever!
Old 10-14-2013, 07:56 AM   #364
175grams
Guatemala Moto Guide

Oddometer: 183
I ended up here based on a recommendation from Bikehigh when I asked about a good route from Brooklyn, NY to Washington DC. Here's the tough part though, I need to get to DC in one day. That means catching the either the 4:15 or 7:45 ferry in Cape May and still having a couple hours to get to DC from there.

Any chance I could ride a small section of the TNJT and still make it to Cape May for the ferry? I don't mind pre-sunrise from Brooklyn. If so, what section would you guys suggest?

Thanks for the help!

By the way, if anyone is up for this type of ride on this Sunday (20th), more the merrier.

175grams screwed with this post 10-14-2013 at 08:01 AM
175grams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:46 AM   #365
lmychajluk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,798
NYC to DC is ~4 hour trip w/ no traffic on the slab, but I don't think there are many options to head South through NJ w/o taking the NJT or the GSP and still make decent time.

Do you have to take the ferry? It seems out of the way to go to DC, and if you're going to be on the NJT anyway, just go across the Delaware Memorial Bridge and keep going. If you have some time to kill, I'm sure you can cut down through DE/MD (avoiding congestion around Baltimore) and go through Annapolis before hitting DC.
http://goo.gl/maps/aK1CG
lmychajluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:44 AM   #366
175grams
Guatemala Moto Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmychajluk View Post
NYC to DC is ~4 hour trip w/ no traffic on the slab, but I don't think there are many options to head South through NJ w/o taking the NJT or the GSP and still make decent time.

Do you have to take the ferry? It seems out of the way to go to DC, and if you're going to be on the NJT anyway, just go across the Delaware Memorial Bridge and keep going. If you have some time to kill, I'm sure you can cut down through DE/MD (avoiding congestion around Baltimore) and go through Annapolis before hitting DC.
http://goo.gl/maps/aK1CG
Good point, I don't have to take the ferry. But it would be cool to do some section(s) of the TNJT before taking slab the rest of the way. The dirt sections might be more suitable for my setup (DR650 loaded up) than the sand anyways, which it seems is mostly south of 195.

So maybe I could catch some dirt sections closer to NYC and then take slab from there. I do need to end up in DC that night. Any section suggestions that fit this would be great!

Thanks.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:11 AM   #367
DougZ73
Fading off.........

Oddometer: 6,843
I would say, the TNJT, being a series of loops, is not something to try and take on to, get from point A to point B.

I think I better choice for you would just be to spend some time on google maps and/or google earth, and see where you can hop on some dirt/sand roads, and plot a course as far south as they can take you...and then get back on your pavement route.
DougZ73 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:09 PM   #368
lmychajluk
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,798
Quote:
Originally Posted by 175grams View Post
... But it would be cool to do some section(s) of the TNJT before taking slab the rest of the way. ...
Whoops! My bad... I saw TNJT and thought The NJ Turnpike. I should've known better...

(In my defense, I may have thought I was replying to a post in the NYC Commuter thread...)
lmychajluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 04:49 PM   #369
cammok5
Adventurer

Oddometer: 62
i think if you want to ride some woods and not waste a lot of your time going across the ferry and threw Delaware the best way might be taking the gsp down to lacey twp or maybe father south to lbi and then taking a lot of dirt to atco area and then paved roads up to 295 maybe in Bellmawr.
kind of like this. you can do more dirt then google drew out but you get the idea.
https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=N...=w&mra=ls&z=11

I went from around bellmarw to lbi using dirt from atsion lake up to ware the parkway and 72 cross. it took a little more then 1 1/2 hours. you could do some more exploring along the way and add more time as that was running strait threw.
if you deside to go this way let me know what time you plan on getting to lacey or lbi, I could meet you there and run the wood with you.
cammok5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 05:39 PM   #370
175grams
Guatemala Moto Guide

Thanks for the suggestion, this sounds like fun and feasible for a good day of riding. Plus riding with someone that knows the trail would be awesome, I'll send you a PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cammok5 View Post
i think if you want to ride some woods and not waste a lot of your time going across the ferry and threw Delaware the best way might be taking the gsp down to lacey twp or maybe father south to lbi and then taking a lot of dirt to atco area and then paved roads up to 295 maybe in Bellmawr.
kind of like this. you can do more dirt then google drew out but you get the idea.
https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=N...=w&mra=ls&z=11

I went from around bellmarw to lbi using dirt from atsion lake up to ware the parkway and 72 cross. it took a little more then 1 1/2 hours. you could do some more exploring along the way and add more time as that was running strait threw.
if you deside to go this way let me know what time you plan on getting to lacey or lbi, I could meet you there and run the wood with you.
Old 10-21-2013, 06:46 AM   #371
NJDirtRiders
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 407
Has anyone completed this on a R1200GS? if so what was your set up and best advice ?

Thanks
Craig T
Old 10-21-2013, 04:20 PM   #372
rpet
Awesometown

^ There is a lot of deep sand in sections!
Old 10-21-2013, 05:45 PM   #373
NJDirtRiders
Gnarly Adventurer

How much of it can be done starting at High Point before the Big GS won't make it
Old 10-21-2013, 08:14 PM   #374
rthuey
twist your wrist!!!

Oddometer: 2,813
its not that it won't make it. its how long it takes you to get it through.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:01 PM   #375
NJDirtRiders
Gnarly Adventurer

Iv ridden in the pines down south with my YZ250 and love Sand riding but im not sure it would be much fun without knobbies.. May just brake off the trip at that section