ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-14-2013, 07:58 PM   #13381
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome
 
RidingDonkeys's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Southern Pines, North Carolina, USA
Oddometer: 7,683
Kent, I thought about you this weekend. I took the Ural for a couple laps around the track at Barber. I had a Harley in front of me...AND SLOWING ME DOWN. It was no fault of the motorcycle, but just a Harley rider supporting the stereotype. You need to help your HD brethren out with some riding skills. There is no reason ANYONE should get passed by a Ural on a track, especially on a right curve.

Sent from the voices in my head and transcribed by their drinking buddy... now Free
__________________
Clinging to sanity, one motorcycle at a time.
RidingDonkeys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:06 PM   #13382
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome
 
RidingDonkeys's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Southern Pines, North Carolina, USA
Oddometer: 7,683
Quote:
Originally Posted by hscrugby View Post
I just rode my next bike...



Now to just come up with cash.
TPS has the Zero electric bike for demo


So awesome 100 mile range easily hit 85+

Awesome...
I'll bet you don't hit that 100mi range with you on it. When we tested those, we found that they were extremely sensitive to rider weight and load. They were awesome for the grin factor, but they need significantly more range to be a viable option.

I would consider a battery trials bike though.

Sent from the voices in my head and transcribed by their drinking buddy... now Free
__________________
Clinging to sanity, one motorcycle at a time.
RidingDonkeys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:11 PM   #13383
schnabba
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Wake Forest, NC
Oddometer: 1,288
Quote:
Originally Posted by wb57 View Post
New tag.
Wake Forest


dude, that's like 1.3 miles or something. Entirely too far.
__________________
- walker
schnabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 03:27 AM   #13384
wb57
Beastly Adventurer
 
wb57's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Central NC
Oddometer: 6,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad_NC View Post
Today has not been a good day. It started with a REALLY crappy phone call to wake me up.
Sorry to hear that.
__________________
'10 Kawasaki Concours (EB)
'11 Kawasaki Versys

Turning money into spent fossil fuels.
(Smiley crap is implied in all posts.)
wb57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 03:28 AM   #13385
wb57
Beastly Adventurer
 
wb57's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Central NC
Oddometer: 6,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by schnabba View Post
dude, that's like 1.3 miles or something. Entirely too far.
I'd find your mailbox and tag it, but then you'd have to take it somewhere else.
__________________
'10 Kawasaki Concours (EB)
'11 Kawasaki Versys

Turning money into spent fossil fuels.
(Smiley crap is implied in all posts.)
wb57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 05:26 AM   #13386
lonewolf97
Beastly Adventurer
 
lonewolf97's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: moonshine Country
Oddometer: 2,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidingDonkeys View Post
Kent, I thought about you this weekend. I took the Ural for a couple laps around the track at Barber. I had a Harley in front of me...AND SLOWING ME DOWN. It was no fault of the motorcycle, but just a Harley rider supporting the stereotype. You need to help your HD brethren out with some riding skills. There is no reason ANYONE should get passed by a Ural on a track, especially on a right curve.

Sent from the voices in my head and transcribed by their drinking buddy... now Free
He musta been sight seein. I do it all the time.
__________________
I'd rather be lost in the woods, than found at home.
lonewolf97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 06:57 AM   #13387
BHW
Beastly Adventurer
 
BHW's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Raleigh, NC
Oddometer: 4,052
What's that bright thing in the sky? Alien invasion?
__________________
2003 Aprilia Tuono
Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency!
BHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:46 AM   #13388
hscrugby
"That guy"
 
hscrugby's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC
Oddometer: 4,097
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidingDonkeys View Post
I'll bet you don't hit that 100mi range with you on it. When we tested those, we found that they were extremely sensitive to rider weight and load. They were awesome for the grin factor, but they need significantly more range to be a viable option.

I would consider a battery trials bike though.

Sent from the voices in my head and transcribed by their drinking buddy... now Free
yea, the 2013 are sposedly a LOT better than the older ones.
that said, rode ~10 miles, and was less than 10% discharged, so by that math, should be good....
some highway speeds, some goofing off, etc.... for commuting, I really only need ~50 miles, (30 to work, plug in at work and use their power too... )
With 100 mile, I'd probably NOT plug in at home..
__________________
http://www.stbaldricks.org/participants/mypage/585928
Feel free to donate money either to my page, or their general fund.
hscrugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:46 AM   #13389
wb57
Beastly Adventurer
 
wb57's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Central NC
Oddometer: 6,611
Okay, monsoon's over.
Back to regularly scheduled tagging...
__________________
'10 Kawasaki Concours (EB)
'11 Kawasaki Versys

Turning money into spent fossil fuels.
(Smiley crap is implied in all posts.)
wb57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:54 AM   #13390
stucknarut
Uh oh...
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Central NC
Oddometer: 159
Grab. First grab actually.
stucknarut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:56 AM   #13391
stucknarut
Uh oh...
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Central NC
Oddometer: 159
New tag.

stucknarut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:59 AM   #13392
wb57
Beastly Adventurer
 
wb57's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Central NC
Oddometer: 6,611
Excellent!
And welcome.
And I know right where the new tag is and if BHW or Schnabba don't grab it, it's mine right after work...
__________________
'10 Kawasaki Concours (EB)
'11 Kawasaki Versys

Turning money into spent fossil fuels.
(Smiley crap is implied in all posts.)
wb57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 11:42 AM   #13393
Chad_NC
Beastly Adventurer
 
Chad_NC's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Lillington, NC
Oddometer: 3,751
I like that bike. Only thing I know about it is that it's a BMW. What is it?


You got this via Crapatalk - now Free
__________________
Chad
09 Buell Ulysses XB12XT
09 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Chad_NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:10 PM   #13394
stucknarut
Uh oh...
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Central NC
Oddometer: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad_NC View Post
I like that bike. Only thing I know about it is that it's a BMW. What is it?


You got this via Crapatalk - now Free
It's my old crappy 92 R100GS bumblebee. It looks better the farther away you get, so try to stay as far away as possible.
stucknarut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:56 PM   #13395
BHW
Beastly Adventurer
 
BHW's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Raleigh, NC
Oddometer: 4,052
Quote:
Originally Posted by wb57 View Post
Excellent!
And welcome.
And I know right where the new tag is and if BHW or Schnabba don't grab it, it's mine right after work...
Yeah, my backyard. I could cheat. I grabbed some pics at that location last weekend but its cloudy in my pics! Safe from me, today at least. Im probably done till Thursday.
__________________
2003 Aprilia Tuono
Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency!
BHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014