User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2013, 12:04 AM   #1
Teknik Motorsport OP
Motorcycle Mechanic

Oddometer: 8
Yamaha XT660Z Suspension deal

The Tenere suspension upgrades have been running hot for us in the last few months culminating with 2 bikes for Yamaha Australia. They performed better than expected on last weekends ride and the humble little Sachs shock performed better than anyone expected.
So, in light of this and buying the Tenere suspension parts in bigger numbers it's time to let Old Bulls (and ADV inmates) in on a deal.
Wheel your bike into Teknik for the full treatment, fork and shock springs, shock valving and fork V4s valves (our version of an Emulator) for $800. That's $400 off our RRP! You can post us your suspension too, $50 less.
How good is it? Have a look on the Old Bulls forums or ask someone who has a Tenere we have modified. I can supply some testamonials if required.
Give me a call to book in, 24-48 hour turnaround with booking
Nick
+61 2 4732 2626 Talk to Lea if I'm ankle deep in suspension fluid
nick@teknikmotorsport.com
Teknik Motorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 02:21 AM   #2
Pete the Wulf
Bloody Goose

Oddometer: 27
I have had my suspension done by Nick and i would say it not only made my bike a better bike to ride but it also saved my arse.
I havent bottomed the big girl out yet ( don't want to either ) but fully loaded or not it is a top ride.
Out at Cameron corner on our way back from the Tugboat ride and we were riding to Merty Merty when i hit this bugger at speed and came out the other side in one piece, i think a few inmates were brought down by this one but i managed to pull up intact and i wouldn't put it down to skill, the rear end kicked but it should have been a lot more violent than it was and i believe it was Nicks handy work that kept it all rubber side down.
Good suspension can be the difference between flying home early or finishing the ride.

PTW
Old 06-28-2013, 06:09 PM   #3
Metzy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 72
Out of the box the Tenere needs suspension work, I had Teknik do their magic to my shock and I fitted the emulators to my forks along with heavier rate springs recommended and supplied by Teknik. Getting to ride the Tenere with the heavier shock spring but without being revalved, then with the Teknik revalve all can say is it has transformed it into how the Tenere should come from the factory. I highly recommend allowing Teknik to do your Tenere or any other bikes suspension. The turn around time was extremely fast considering Teknik is located in Penrith NSW and I'm in Mt Isa QLD.
Metzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 09:47 PM   #4
Macca2801
Adventurer

Oddometer: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metzy View Post
Out of the box the Tenere needs suspension work, I had Teknik do their magic to my shock and I fitted the emulators to my forks along with heavier rate springs recommended and supplied by Teknik. Getting to ride the Tenere with the heavier shock spring but without being revalved, then with the Teknik revalve all can say is it has transformed it into how the Tenere should come from the factory. I highly recommend allowing Teknik to do your Tenere or any other bikes suspension. The turn around time was extremely fast considering Teknik is located in Penrith NSW and I'm in Mt Isa QLD.
So Metzy you freighted the forks and rear shock? Obviously it was worth it but how much for freight on top of the work?
Macca2801 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 04:11 PM   #5
mick450
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
My mate & I went for our 1st ride on Saturday with the suspension done by Teknik they are heaps better, more dampening in the rear and the front doesn't dive or go bang when you hit a pot hole any more. But the fork boots aren't long enough any more by about 3cm can't work it out unless we have another 3cm travel now?

$120 freight to & from Perth
mick450 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:57 PM   #6
TB650
Would be Adventurer

Oddometer: 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by mick450 View Post
My mate & I went for our 1st ride on Saturday with the suspension done by Teknik they are heaps better, more dampening in the rear and the front doesn't dive or go bang when you hit a pot hole any more. But the fork boots aren't long enough any more by about 3cm can't work it out unless we have another 3cm travel now?

$120 freight to & from Perth
I would suggest you have the boots in the wrong postion down the bottom. I have had three set done by Nick and the boots always fit afterwards.
Mate doesnt it make a difference

TB
Old 10-15-2013, 08:36 PM   #7
Teknik Motorsport OP
Motorcycle Mechanic

This Tenere deal is still going, we are averaging one a week. Turnaround time is 1-2 days. It's been going so well we are doing another model. DR650!
Old 03-26-2014, 12:44 AM   #8
Teknik Motorsport OP
Motorcycle Mechanic

All good things come to an end. We have run out of the pile of parts we had to make this deal possible so it's over folks.
Thanks to everyone who took it up. Don't hold your breath for us to do it again this year. It really was a lot of work (for us) for not much money.
Old 03-26-2014, 03:26 AM   #9
Macca2801
Adventurer

Oddometer: 85
Buggar was desperately looking forward to this but wife went into labour last year at 27 weeks. With 10weeks hospital and 6 weeks bed rest we made full term with a beautiful little boy.
Still getting on top of the loss earning and costs associated so I'm glad I was able to keep the bike let alone upgrade the suspension.
If you run it again later in the year you will have me for sure, might even ride over from WA for a little time out from two ratbag boys!!

All the best
Matt
Macca2801 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 03:30 PM   #10
Teknik Motorsport OP
Motorcycle Mechanic

Talking It's back!

Good news, I have landed the new shipment of springs, we can run this deal again! We are overstocked, the shelves are sagging, these springs need to go.
$750 suspension only or $850 ride in ride out. Can't do $50 for the remove and refit, I'm a one man band at present, the shock takes to long to get out!

At $750 it's 28.9% off!
What you get
Fork springs. Rates available .50 .52 .54 .56 .58 .60 .65 .70
Emulators, PD valves, V4s valves, whatever you want to call em'!
Shock spring. Rates 8.0 9.0 10.0 (TB special is the 10.0)
Revalved stock shock.
Fitting, service fork and shock, suspension fluid.

OR

$1050 with a Yacugar rebound adjustable rear shock, 9.5 spring fitted. Shock is usually $800 alone.

Call Lea on 02 4732 2626