'Berg 570..Trail Beast
Nowwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 05:32 PM   #1907
mookymoo
Mookish Mook

Oddometer: 4,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by BENRON View Post
The bottom end of my pump crapped out with the Dr bean kit. Not the fault of the kit, but just shows that the pump isn't perfect once installed. Running a facet now. Didn't want to deal with a manual fuel shutoff.
Same in my case.
Electrical erosion isn't the only failure mode.
The internals of the pump can corrode and the piston can stick. In this case you tend to get intermittent failure symptoms. A sharp hit to the pump will free it up for a little while... maybe enough to get you home (as was my case).

Facet was the replacement here too ...
mookymoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 05:51 AM   #1908
Balsta
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by mookymoo View Post
Facet was the replacement here too ...
My oem contacts blew up after around 40 kkm. 1st Facet died after just some 20 kkm (probably due to operation with empty gas tank). 2nd Facet has now 60 kkm and just works and works and works
Old 10-17-2013, 07:22 AM   #1909
mousitsas
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,535
Is there any case that the facet does not corrode due to alternative placement?
Question mainly aimed to river crossers.
mousitsas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 08:11 PM   #1910
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...

Oddometer: 4,261
Rottweiler Air Filter went on today......

Nice change...better throttle response...the access and dirt bike like filter cleaning....very nice...
'Berg 570..Trail Beast
Old 10-18-2013, 02:24 AM   #1911
mookymoo
Mookish Mook

Oddometer: 4,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by mousitsas View Post
The Facet should be completely sealed.
I made extra sure with some sealant around the seams.

(The stocker can easily leak if the grommet on the wiring isnt positioned correctly - and its not trivial to seat properly given the short wiring length - and a tug on the wiring can dislodge it)
mookymoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 09:12 AM   #1912
pepetrueba
PePeBaJa

Oddometer: 195
950SE SAS venting

I apologize, did a search but could not find it. just purchased a replacement 2009 950SE with akras with db inserts on and all smog crap on bike.
I had my first taste of hydraloc while unloading bike from truck, bike tipped over to its left when ramp slid under me , leaving me holding the bike balanced between the side of the bed and what was left of the ramp holding the bike from falling to the floor for more than 40 minutes till a friend arrived and helped me lift and unload the bike. Talk about a closed one, my back, my arms are still sore for saving the bike from doing damage to either truck or bike. Not a scratch on the bike and no damage to toyota tacoma.
When bike tipped over, the bike filled its cylinders with gas since i had not closed the petcocks so experience was starter locked up. rocking bike in 6th gear backwards finally allowed bike to sputter and start.
SO as priority one now that i already installed the kickstand relocator is to remove the smog emissions.
Funny on my previous 950SE had all emmisions removed by previous owner, so i did not pay attention on how the vent lines where routed.

SO it is actually pictures of the vent lines and how they are routed and if you install a one way vent or leave them "open"
is front hose 11" and rear 10"
I also ordered 3 ktm swingarm caps to cover the three holes left when removing the breather hoses from the airbox per a fellow adv'er stating the fit fine on holes and i dont want the " epoxy look"

Feels fine to have an addiction of orange crush
Old 10-28-2013, 09:27 AM   #1913
Boatman
Ride more, BS less!

Oddometer: 9,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepetrueba View Post
I apologize, did a search but could not find it. just purchased a replacement 2009 950SE with akras with db inserts on and all smog crap on bike.
I had my first taste of hydraloc while unloading bike from truck, bike tipped over to its left when ramp slid under me , leaving me holding the bike balanced between the side of the bed and what was left of the ramp holding the bike from falling to the floor for more than 40 minutes till a friend arrived and helped me lift and unload the bike. Talk about a closed one, my back, my arms are still sore for saving the bike from doing damage to either truck or bike. Not a scratch on the bike and no damage to toyota tacoma.
When bike tipped over, the bike filled its cylinders with gas since i had not closed the petcocks so experience was starter locked up. rocking bike in 6th gear backwards finally allowed bike to sputter and start.
SO as priority one now that i already installed the kickstand relocator is to remove the smog emissions.
Funny on my previous 950SE had all emmisions removed by previous owner, so i did not pay attention on how the vent lines where routed.

SO it is actually pictures of the vent lines and how they are routed and if you install a one way vent or leave them "open"
is front hose 11" and rear 10"
I also ordered 3 ktm swingarm caps to cover the three holes left when removing the breather hoses from the airbox per a fellow adv'er stating the fit fine on holes and i dont want the " epoxy look"

Feels fine to have an addiction of orange crush

Any chance this bike has a Mikuni vacuum (pulse) pump??? If yes,,, then not turning of the fuel petcock would most likely cause the hydrolock.

The vent lines coming off the carbs just need to exit down through the bottom of the airbox. There are 2 on each carb,,,, one on each carb gets plugged and the other is as I said.

Hi/low beam conversions for: Trail Tech, Baja Designs
Boatman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:02 AM   #1914
pepetrueba
PePeBaJa

950se stock

:(
Nope bike is bone stock, except for the Akra pipes. A little over 4k on the odometer.
Bike was laying on its left side with headsheel rasting on the tacoma's left side of the and i was holding dearly so handlebar would not dent/scratch outside of bed and with right foot held the ramp from completely sliding put od truck.
It reminded me of the "TWISTER game" where you strech to the max on an ackward position.
i did open the aluminum drain bolt on the house on bottom right side of engine and put bike on 6th gear and rocked back till it spilled its gas on the floor.
I did order the dr bean kit for the fule pump bcause on my previous Se before 4k miles, the points where shot.
Old 10-28-2013, 11:17 AM   #1915
mountain eagle
terrorist

Oddometer: 2,881
Quote:
Originally Posted by mousitsas View Post
My facet is now above the air intake so if it gets wet I'm screwed anyways.......
my smugmug gallery
How can it be fun if there's not at least an outside chance of dying?
mountain eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 11:44 AM   #1916
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...

Oddometer: 4,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountain eagle View Post
my facet is now above the air intake so if it gets wet i'm screwed anyways.......
+1
'Berg 570..Trail Beast
Old 10-29-2013, 03:54 PM   #1917
pepetrueba
PePeBaJa

carb float vents

gents. any pictires of the carb vent floats hoses for the super enduro?
i checked the forum and they show 950 adventure 950 sm , how about the 950 enduro once you remove the epc and sas.

I ordered the sas block off plates. where do you get the plugs for the carburetor and rear airbox?
divaha's method looks like its the easiest but the pictures how he routed the breather are not show. again fron hose has to be 11" and rear 10" and why such lenght if both hoses are capped and zip tied to frame per divaha.com?
thsnks again all mighty orange forum
Old 10-29-2013, 04:39 PM   #1918
Monterey_BS
On or Off - not sure

Oddometer: 111
Quote:
gents. any pictires of the carb vent floats hoses for the super enduro?
i checked the forum and they show 950 adventure 950 sm , how about the 950 enduro once you remove the epc and sas.

I ordered the sas block off plates. where do you get the plugs for the carburetor and rear airbox?
divaha's method looks like its the easiest but the pictures how he routed the breather are not show. again fron hose has to be 11" and rear 10" and why such lenght if both hoses are capped and zip tied to frame per divaha.com?
thsnks again all mighty orange forum
1) All of your questions can probably be answered through a review of KTM950.info - the all famous Orange Crush Hall of Wisdom. Drill into the carburettor & jetting or canisterectomy pages for this topic.
2) Go to a parts house and ask for hose plugs or caps. You'll find whatever selection you need there.
3) The vents remain open. (top front left on front carb and top rear right on the rear carb.) They are still vents. Do not cap them. Just feed them through to the space between the cylinders and forget about them.
Old 10-29-2013, 04:49 PM   #1919
pepetrueba
PePeBaJa

plugged hoses

Bob:
how come i see pictures of capped hoses for syncrhonization (where are these from? )
Old 10-29-2013, 05:12 PM   #1920
Monterey_BS
On or Off - not sure

Oddometer: 111
Quote:
Bob:
how come i see pictures of capped hoses for syncrhonization (where are these from? )
I'm not clear what you are asking. If you post a picture or a link, I'm sure one of us will be able to do so.