Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2013, 05:59 PM   #1411
Barike
Spindly Adventurer

Oddometer: 593
Might be a bit off the wall, and not likely to find the info I'm looking for, but my Google-fu is failing me today. Is there someone local that'd be classified as a suspension guru? I read about and hear about y'all that go to track days, and there are guys there that have years and years of experience and set up the suspension properly for rider/track/other-variables-I-can't-think-of. I've got 1500'ish miles on the bike now, and am looking at going out to TN around Thanksgiving with family and doing some riding while out there. Just been thinking that now maybe it's closer to time to get the suspension set up for ME rather than OEM. Haven't found anything online yet, so thought I'd turn to local knowledge.

Couple other things, I ordered some Michelin PR3's today, vague memories of tire mounting capabilities of an inmate, but that's as far as my brain goes it seems?

And secondly, looking to trailer the bike most of the way out to TN, is there anyone that has a SMALL trailer that I could borrow (I'll gladly pay some rental fee!) without my having to rent from a full on business? Will be putting a hitch on mum's van (which is the vehicle we'll be using) it's rated for a Class 2 hitch. And my bike only weighs 400~ lbs. I just don't really want to buy a harbor freight (as that's about all I could afford) trailer and have to drive so slow for what's already a 10-14 hour trip.
Barike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 06:07 PM   #1412
OKlr
Youtube whore

Oddometer: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barike View Post
Might be a bit off the wall, and not likely to find the info I'm looking for, but my Google-fu is failing me today. Is there someone local that'd be classified as a suspension guru? I read about and hear about y'all that go to track days, and there are guys there that have years and years of experience and set up the suspension properly for rider/track/other-variables-I-can't-think-of. I've got 1500'ish miles on the bike now, and am looking at going out to TN around Thanksgiving with family and doing some riding while out there. Just been thinking that now maybe it's closer to time to get the suspension set up for ME rather than OEM. Haven't found anything online yet, so thought I'd turn to local knowledge.

Couple other things, I ordered some Michelin PR3's today, vague memories of tire mounting capabilities of an inmate, but that's as far as my brain goes it seems?

And secondly, looking to trailer the bike most of the way out to TN, is there anyone that has a SMALL trailer that I could borrow (I'll gladly pay some rental fee!) without my having to rent from a full on business? Will be putting a hitch on mum's van (which is the vehicle we'll be using) it's rated for a Class 2 hitch. And my bike only weighs 400~ lbs. I just don't really want to buy a harbor freight (as that's about all I could afford) trailer and have to drive so slow for what's already a 10-14 hour trip.
I've had 2 bikes done by house of horsepower in OKC. They are a part of cannon race craft who supplies springs for a ton of retailers. They did the suspension in my crf250x, xr200r, and the fork springs on my klr650.
OKlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 06:08 PM   #1413
Barike
Spindly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKlr View Post
I've had 2 bikes done by house of horsepower in OKC. They are a part of cannon race craft who supplies springs for a ton of retailers. They did the suspension in my crf250x, xr200r, and the fork springs on my klr650.
Do you think they'd do one on a 2013 Triumph Daytona 675R? Your list sounds more dirt oriented, so in my mind that may make a difference. I don't know!
Old 10-20-2013, 07:01 PM   #1414
OKlr
Youtube whore

Oddometer: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barike View Post
Do you think they'd do one on a 2013 Triumph Daytona 675R? Your list sounds more dirt oriented, so in my mind that may make a difference. I don't know!
So your saying you want your suspension dialed in, but not like re-valved or sprung, then hell i don't know who to call. You can understand me assuming your were talking about an offroad bike since this is an adv forum lol
OKlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:35 PM   #1415
Dadayama OP
Constant Adventurer

Oddometer: 507
Bump !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by durtrider View Post
I put this up on the Okla BS thread and I thought I'd better put it up here too.

We're going to have a meet and greet on Tuesday October 22nd at 6pm at ET's Bar-B-Que. They have cold beer and ribs that you can "shake the bone" to get the meat to fall off. Super good eatin'

This place is on the northeast corner of Waterloo and Broadway between Guthrie and Edmond. From I-35 go west 3.5 miles to Broadway. ET's is on the north in the strip center. Look for the bikes out front.

Hopefully this will be far enough out for everyone to make plans.
Hey All

Thought i should give this a bump... hope to see some known faces and some new faces...
Dadayama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 04:08 AM   #1416
Barike
Spindly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKlr View Post
So your saying you want your suspension dialed in, but not like re-valved or sprung, then hell i don't know who to call. You can understand me assuming your were talking about an offroad bike since this is an adv forum lol
Yep, I definitely understand, thanks anyway!
Old 10-21-2013, 08:32 PM   #1417
Farscape
Oh, look! Orange koolaid!

Oddometer: 553
Quote:
I put this up on the Okla BS thread and I thought I'd better put it up here too.

We're going to have a meet and greet on Tuesday October 22nd at 6pm at ET's Bar-B-Que. They have cold beer and ribs that you can "shake the bone" to get the meat to fall off. Super good eatin'

This place is on the northeast corner of Waterloo and Broadway between Guthrie and Edmond. From I-35 go west 3.5 miles to Broadway. ET's is on the north in the strip center. Look for the bikes out front.

Looks like I'll be able to make it to an OKC get together for the first time!!!! See you tomorrow!!!
Farscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 04:17 AM   #1418
Shawnee Bill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,750
Quote:

And the weather is going to be perfect!

I plan on being there. Missed the last couple. I was hoping to bring a celebrity (of sorts) to this meeting but he seems to have been kidnapped. Adv Tor Nutzy Might have to scroll back some to get the whole story.
A replacement nut should be in the mail but it will be a few more days. However I will have his (new) sack there for a photo op

GL1800
FZ-1 For sale
Shawnee Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 03:18 PM   #1419
crazydrummerdude
Wacky Bongo Boy

Oddometer: 7,436
Dang it, I'm waiting on a craigslist guy to come over so we can make a deal on some music gear. If he doesn't stay too late, I'll head up there..

crazydrummerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:37 PM   #1420
Barike
Spindly Adventurer

Hey all! Was nice meeting new faces and re-meeting ones I'd met before

For those that heard me talking about my ideas for modifying my bike, and are interested enough to read up on the bike I'm getting my ideas from, here's the article. http://rideapart.com/2013/10/ducati-...ike-exclusive/
Old 10-22-2013, 08:03 PM   #1421
durtrider
adventure sow

Oddometer: 652
Great turnout tonight!

It was great putting names to faces!
I think we started with 10 of us, then two more showed up a little later. Then Cropear rode by and saw some of us standing out front, so he pulled in.

A great night for good food and new friends.

It was great to meet all you guys!
durtrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 08:32 PM   #1422
Dadayama OP
Constant Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadayama View Post
Performance Cycle is putting on a dual sport ride

Starts from Seaba Station Motorcycle Museum

I have not been but have heard about the two other ones they have put on.

Some folks from tonight were talking about attending this event... I'll know more if i'm going later this week...

Click on the links above for more info...
Old 10-23-2013, 08:52 AM   #1423
OKDQ
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 447
Sooner Adventure Ride III 10-27-13

IN! Just called in my registration.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:17 AM   #1424
fonebone77
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
I am also registered for the Sooner ride this weekend. Curious that they call it the Sooner Adventure but are riding to Stillwater. Maybe that IS the adventure!
fonebone77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 12:02 PM   #1425
Dadayama OP
Constant Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadayama View Post
Performance Cycle is putting on a dual sport ride

Starts from Seaba Station Motorcycle Museum

I have not been but have heard about the two other ones they have put on.
Just talked with Sharina at Performance Cycle... she said there will be a riders meeting at 8:30, so you folks might want to plan on showing up a little early...