Old 10-16-2013, 10:11 PM   #4772
atokad
wan⋅der⋅lust

Oddometer: 2,397
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdutchman177 View Post
Well she wasn't kidding.
She has at least 200 bikinis
And she is trying them them all on to see which ten she should bring.
And I am helping.......so far I like the white one best.

Dang near put my eye out on this one.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:20 PM   #4773
DiegoDobles
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Wolfman Luggage

Especial, sorry it took me so long to subscribe. Been following along ever since the beginning. We have missed having you along on our Diego Dobles rides.

You mentioned that you were thinking about using the Wolfman Luggage. I have a number of their products and had to post. Five of the guys in our group now ride with them, and everyone swears by them.

I used the E-12 saddle bags when we went to Northern Baja last time. We did not have a chase truck, so everything was on our bikes and backs. They are great! They are easy to remove when you leave the bike overnight. They are super secure and do not hit the pipe at all. I barely even notice them on the bike when riding. I store all sorts of stuff in them, tools, clothes, spare oil... On our trip we crossed at Tecate, Santa Vernonica, Laguna, Valle de T, San Felipe, Puertecitos, Rockman Trail to Catavina, Rancho Meling (if you have never been to this place, go! It is legit!), and finally on to Mikes Sky Rancho. About 900 miles in 4 days. It was cold! I have never been that cold for that long. Snow on the road, water, rain... When we left Catavina to head to Meling, we could only ride 10-15 miles before we were frozen. It was in the high 20's (F). We would stop, grab our exhaust with both hands, thaw, then do it again. Freezing! It was all a pre-run for our trip with the rest of the guys in March. Both trips were great. March trip we decided to leave out the Rockman trial. Rockman trail was crazy difficult!

The day tripper bags I use for day trips, or trips when we have chase trucks. Exactly the same as the E-12's, but narrower profile.

The enduro tool bag I use to store stuff I want to get at quickly. Maps, food... I don't like to put too heavy of stuff that far back on the fender.

I have been on about 6, multi-day trips with the luggage. It is really high quality stuff. I have dropped the bike plenty of times and the bags hold up really well.

Keep up the good work. I am really enjoying your thread.
Old 10-17-2013, 04:09 AM   #4774
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,410
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiegoDobles View Post
Especial, sorry it took me so long to subscribe. Been following along ever since the beginning. We have missed having you along on our Diego Dobles rides.

You mentioned that you were thinking about using the Wolfman Luggage. I have a number of their products and had to post. Five of the guys in our group now ride with them, and everyone swears by them.

[FONT I=Arial]I used the E-12 saddle bags when we went to Northern Baja last time. We did not have a chase truck, so everything was on our bikes and backs. They are great! They are easy to remove when you leave the bike overnight. They are super secure and do not hit the pipe at all. I barely even notice them on the bike when riding. I store all sorts of stuff in them, tools, clothes, spare oil... On our trip we crossed at Tecate, Santa Vernonica, Laguna, Valle de T, San Felipe, Puertecitos, Rockman Trail to Catavina, Rancho Meling (if you have never been to this place, go! It is legit!), and finally on to Mikes Sky Rancho. About 900 miles in 4 days. It was cold! I have never been that cold for that long. Snow on the road, water, rain... When we left Catavina to head to Meling, we could only ride 10-15 miles before we were frozen. It was in the high 20's (F). We would stop, grab our exhaust with both hands, thaw, then do it again. Freezing! It was[/FONT] all a pre-run for our trip with the rest of the guys in March. Both trips were great. March trip we decided to leave out the Rockman trial. Rockman trail was crazy difficult!

The day tripper bags I use for day trips, or trips when we have chase trucks. Exactly the same as the E-12's, but narrower profile.

The enduro tool bag I use to store stuff I want to get at quickly. Maps, food... I don't like to put too heavy of stuff that far back on the fender.

I have been on about 6, multi-day trips with the luggage. It is really high quality stuff. I have dropped the bike plenty of times and the bags hold up really well.

Keep up the good work. I am really enjoying your thread.

Yep Wolfman makes some good stuff.
Looking forward to going lean and mean in SE Asia.
Leaving for palm trees and white sand now
Punta Cana here we come

flyingdutchman177 screwed with this post 10-20-2013 at 06:24 PM
Old 10-17-2013, 06:16 PM   #4775
WhicheverAnyWayCan
Deaf Biker

Oddometer: 701
A head-up in VietNam in case you aren't aware.. they now let any size of bike in. Recently a couple on Harley (Electric Glide) was able to get in.. toured Nam with no problem. However, there is only one border crossing you can enter and exit. You can't enter at this border crossing and exit at a different border crossing. Edit: rules aren't strong so I guess you could check if you can exit at other border crossing- they might let you if you give them some fine wine!

HUBB: VietNam Crossing I am subscribed to that thread so I can monitor what's happening with this. Also, I believe that Myanmar is now letting you cross? Heck, you probably could tour all over SE Asia countries and still be able to get thru India.

WhicheverAnyWayCan screwed with this post 10-17-2013 at 06:26 PM Reason: Add rules info in last sentence of 1st paragraph
Old 10-17-2013, 09:23 PM   #4776
LUVMYDR
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
Quote:
Yes, I am sure a lot of ladies hate me out of fear their men will leave too on a RTW trip
Mine is REALLY REALLY pissed. Just gonna do it.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:59 PM   #4777
LUVMYDR
Adventurer

Quote:
It was bound to happen.
It is just an evolution that can't be helped.
Like Arnold Swartzenhagger
He started out as our Governor with all the right intentions. He wanted to cut out the fat in the bureaucracy but the teachers union and the Indians lashed back at him.
Unfortunately, he had to soften his position to try and make everyone happy.
But the truth is, you can't make everyone happy.
So I am just focused on myself right now.

Posting my shit on the walls made me laugh and I hope it made a few others too.
And my experience with the Albanians was not so good but I just wanted to be clear that my opinion was based upon a small sample size and when I go back, I hope to find a that my feelings have changed
Made me laugh, would like to meet you someday. I needed a hero. lol
Old 10-17-2013, 10:17 PM   #4778
LUVMYDR
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nameless View Post
I've seen people complaining about the tank bags, as not being such a great idea because they took some liberty of movements, and the rear luggage seems great :) just have to be careful because of the exhaust pipe being too close to the bags (i have been thinking of getting some soft panniers like that for the XT660R, and people seem to get the pannier metal rack to keep the bags away from danger)

check this out for ideas

http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...188142&page=29
I use all wolfman luggage. Tank bag, Tank Panniers, rear Saddle Bags, a large Duffle and a smaller double ended bag. They work great. Water proof and very durable.
Old 10-20-2013, 01:52 PM   #4779
lqgsrider
LQDesert Rider

Oddometer: 322
Lalo,

We need some updated posts and pics

I hope all is well
Old 10-20-2013, 06:36 PM   #4780
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

five stars promised but not delivered

We are at this fancy "all inclusive" resort in Punta Cana Dominican Republic.
But wifi is not included.
After a few problems here I went to complain to yhe management and they just laughed at me.

We are still having fun, but this place is horrible. I would never recommend it to anyone that I liked.

More on that later.

I will try and post a couple of pictures now and a lot more when I am back in Lima.
Old 10-20-2013, 07:07 PM   #4781
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Having some fun in Punta Cana

Here are a few pics
I will post a lot more when I get back to Lima

Old 10-20-2013, 07:15 PM   #4782
8lives
Runnin on wonder

Oddometer: 1,627
Good times in Lima,glad your partying on even if the resort has it's downfalls,your both smiling so now I'm smiling,partake and enjoy
I see the world through KLR eyes
Old 10-20-2013, 11:03 PM   #4783
flyingdutchman177 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8lives View Post
Good times in Lima,glad your partying on even if the resort has it's downfalls,your both smiling so now I'm smiling,partake and enjoy
We are in the Caribbean having a blast
And truth be told, I am just acting like a spoiled brat because I want everything to be perfect. But the world is not perfect no matter how much money you throw at it or how many stars your all inclusive resort has. And besides, I am having fun being a brat because I can.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:06 AM   #4784
8lives
Runnin on wonder

Oddometer: 1,627
I'm here for ya!
I see the world through KLR eyes
Old 10-21-2013, 09:27 AM   #4785
vintagespeed
fNg

Oddometer: 1,521
Thumb

Quote:
holy moley! good god man, you better be doing that some justice...

TAT-2013: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=913898
SoCal_NoDak-2012: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=829203
Closed Thread