Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Canada
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2013, 04:43 AM   #16
Tylenol OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 111
The DNR guy said he was only looking for a trail fee on a blue plate, the way he said it implied that red plates don't need to pay the fee. I would go to DNR and see if they will take your trail fee money and give you a pass.
OHV vehicle clubs can also issue passes when you pay your dues, I am thinking about going that route.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:15 AM   #17
MrBear05
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Price increase for NSORRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Stain View Post
My suggestion is to call or email the NSORRA with your questions or concerns. http://www.offroadriders.ca This is a lobby group that has our interests in mind. I've approached them with concerns about the Rail Beds and was told not to worry, there was no reason I couldn't ride on them.

A membership is not a bad idea - it costs around $15/year and I've joined for the past two.

They should be able to respond to all of your concerns.

There's no point in starting something new when there's already something there. They will accept your assistance if you want to volunteer.

C.
I recently joined NSORRA and it has increased to $20 for 2014. As for trails, we have been riding Rails To Trails and Bowater roads off the 103.
Dualsport.ca talk about blue plate and red plate motorcycles riding on all trails not specifically mark private or NO Motorcycles allowed.

Still learning the lay of the land by we have travelled much of Bowater with both Red/Blue plates and Rails to Trails from Digby to Doctors Cove on the South Shore.
MrBear05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 04:06 PM   #18
Tylenol OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 111
To be honest 3 different departments have gave me three different answers on the question of vehicles on the rail bed trail. However it seems that only the railbed is confused, so I have decided it's not worth the headache when I can go on the trails out south and go pretty much anywhere I want to between the trails and K Class roads.

Just a week or 2 ago I made a map for a trail club showing all the abandoned roads and trails out in the dalhousie area, and that club did a run to investigate them and found that you could go from Annapolis to Roxbury with little to no road travel. I should be getting their gpx files soon to see where they went to update my data. They also found a whole series of Bowater logging roads, and NSPI service roads left from the old dam that ran all around the lake that were not on my map, I think there is a plan to go back and further investigate these. Anyway, all I am trying to say is that the railbed, all though handy, isn't the only source of off road fun. There is lots out there....