Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2013, 09:19 AM   #2986
Deadly99
Fast and Far

Oddometer: 8,453
I've hadn't heard that Yammy France were developing? I want under them impression CDP and team mates were going to be riding JVO kitted Bikes again...

TCAT (Trans Canada Adventure Trail)

Gravel Travel Canada - Canada's Source for Overland Travel
Deadly99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 05:05 PM   #2987
rallye
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 565
Pain

Whats happened to Olivier Pain and Frans Verhoeven ,last year they were right up there ,but seems pretty ordinary results this year? Maybe just the new Honda team has lodged themselves in the top 6-7 places and pushed all the other "fast guys" down the ladder a bit !
rallye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:56 AM   #2988
Happe
Offroad Nut

Oddometer: 675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drif10 View Post
Yamaha. Pain looks to be running the same old. Anyone got spy pics of Cyril's new ride?

Looks like he's gonna race Dakar with an unproven bike, since Maroc was the last along with Merzouga.
CDP was running the Desafio Incas in Peru
On day 3 he dropped of the chart though ... don't know what happened

this is from the Desafio Website

Edit: Found this on CDPs Facebook page
Quote:
“About 20 kilometres from the end of the second 183 kilometre loop my bike started to lose power and shortly after that stopped. I couldn’t see anything obvious at the side of the track and we’ll have to investigate further to find out what the problem was. For sure myself and the team are disappointed, but in motorsport these things happen…”
cu
Stefan

Happe screwed with this post 10-21-2013 at 06:00 AM Reason: found quote on Facebook
Happe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 04:42 AM   #2989
tehdutchie
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by rallye View Post
Whats happened to Olivier Pain and Frans Verhoeven ,last year they were right up there ,but seems pretty ordinary results this year? Maybe just the new Honda team has lodged themselves in the top 6-7 places and pushed all the other "fast guys" down the ladder a bit !
Verhoeven had the flu during the Oilybia Rallye in Morocoo. Apparently he was over it this morning and leading the warm up lap in the Merzouga Rallye.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:02 AM   #2990
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Oddometer: 6,103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happe View Post

cu
Stefan
after that break down I would have thought he would have been a late entry to at least one of the two rally's this week and last...
Thanks for the 2014 support:BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Renazco Racing, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , motolab , Tripy GPS, Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:13 AM   #2991
charapa
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrk2surf View Post
after that break down I would have thought he would have been a late entry to at least one of the two rally's this week and last...
Yes, CDP didn't even stick around for day 3... at least we saw no sign of him in the bivouac, in the hotel, or the at the awards! Could be he was just in a funk in his room, but my guess is that he booked it back to France!

So much for supporting the team! CDP likes the team to support him!

"Those friends thou hast... and their adoption tried... grapple them to thy soul with hoops of steel. But do not dull thy palm with entertainment of each new-hatch'd, unfledg'd comrade...." Polonius in Hamlet
charapa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:27 PM   #2992
ktmmitch
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 463
UK Dakar Prep

Whilst Martin at Torque Racing was helping build the first of our 690 Fork Extension Kits from Tractive Suspension, I had the chance to see a KTM 450RR that was part-way through a full rebuild by Martin.
This bike is owned by Clayton Jameson, a long-term customer of Torque Racing, who has entered this year’s Dakar 2014 in South America.The bike has is in for a full overhaul, the frame has been powder-coated, and a new engine fitted in readiness for the big race.
Seeing it stripped has given us a few more ideas on parts for the 690 Enduro that may help our customers.

http://www.torqueracing.net/
ktmmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:28 PM   #2993
silentwolf
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happe View Post

cu
Stefan
Can't recall now, but I wonder if this was at all similar to the issues that Jonah had last time out. He was running a modified YZ as well wasn't he..?

I know there's almost 30lbs weight difference between the WR and YZ, but by the time you add/subtract the things one would need for dakar, I can't see that the difference would be that big. The thing that worries me is that the YZ is designed for short course competition. Unless they were willing to take the penalties or find a way around 'engine-swap-gate,' I would be seriously concerned about 14 days in the desert...

Dunno... The WR still has the old bulletproof motor design. Wonder how many will use the WR platform this year.
silentwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 01:48 PM   #2994
JMo (& piglet)
Dakar Dazed

Oddometer: 3,092
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly99 View Post
I've hadn't heard that Yammy France were developing? I want under them impression CDP and team mates were going to be riding JVO kitted Bikes again...
I think that's right - the rally kits are from JVO, but that the engine/chassis/suspension is all going to be fettled by Yamaha France I imagine?

That said, looking at the photo of Cyril's bike from Desafio Inca (above), the front tank/fairing set-up does look different again to the usual JVO YZF kit that Olivier Pain was using/developing - so I guess the 'development' of this latest bike is a two-way street between JVO and Yamaha France?

ps. Looking at the photo above, Cyril's bike/tank set-up seems to be more like the bike Helder was riding in the early part of last year:

Rather than the 'regular' JVO kit of Olivier Pain:

Still, we have less than a month before the 2014 bikes need to ship from Le Havre - I hope we'll get a sneak peek then at least!

Jx

JMo (& piglet) screwed with this post 10-21-2013 at 02:00 PM
JMo (& piglet) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 03:00 PM   #2995
schattat
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,408
In fact, none of the Yamaha pros are running the JVO kits. Instead they're running the identical Setup as shown on Cyrils pic from Desafio!

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk

Yamaha WR450F Rallye Spec
schattat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:53 AM   #2996
JMo (& piglet)
Dakar Dazed

Oddometer: 3,092
Quote:
Originally Posted by schattat View Post
In fact, none of the Yamaha pros are running the JVO kits. Instead they're running the identical Setup as shown on Cyrils pic from Desafio!
Ah... then at least I hope they paid Jorge for the front fairing parts!

Jx
JMo (& piglet) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 03:16 AM   #2997
schattat
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMo (& piglet) View Post
Ah... then at least I hope they paid Jorge for the front fairing parts!

Jx
Good catch, oversaw that!

Old 10-22-2013, 03:37 AM   #2998
Pete640
I hate sand.......

Oddometer: 1,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentwolf View Post
Can't recall now, but I wonder if this was at all similar to the issues that Jonah had last time out. He was running a modified YZ as well wasn't he..?

I know there's almost 30lbs weight difference between the WR and YZ, but by the time you add/subtract the things one would need for dakar, I can't see that the difference would be that big. The thing that worries me is that the YZ is designed for short course competition. Unless they were willing to take the penalties or find a way around 'engine-swap-gate,' I would be seriously concerned about 14 days in the desert...

Dunno... The WR still has the old bulletproof motor design. Wonder how many will use the WR platform this year.
WR piston and gearbox will slide straight into the YZ motor. The 3rd ring makes a big difference to oil usage
With a rallye exh there is a heap of land avail for a 2nd fuel tank if your thinking cog and centralisation.
The YZ based bike is better than the WR hands down and if I were riding D I'd want to shave every last lb/kg from the bike that I could
Old 10-22-2013, 03:44 AM   #2999
schattat
Beastly Adventurer

They do in fact run the 1st-3rd WR gears and leave 4th and 5th as standard YZ ones (in the past during the WR years, they had a frankenstein mixed gearbox combo with parts from various WRs and YZs) Piston is also standard and is only changed once during rest day in Dakar. The final gearing is 15/47 which allows a max speed of around 170km/h. Apart from that the bike is bulletproof and will run several thousand k's without having even been opened!

Old 10-22-2013, 04:05 AM   #3000
Safariaddict
Safari 2010 FINISHED

Oddometer: 164
So are Yamaha France using the 2013 yz frame and engine setup or are they using the new yz 2014 model as the basis for the rallye bike at Dakar.
Safariaddict is offline   Reply With Quote