Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2013, 11:13 AM   #20746
Dell_dude
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 175
I'm wanting to add folding levers to my bike.

Specifically, I like the Sunline V1 Flex model.

I found a brake lever at Rocky Mountain ATV that says it fits a DRZ. They don't list a clutch lever that specifically fits it (I think it's something to do with the start safety).

They do have one that fits these:

Suzuki RM100 20032004
Suzuki RM125 20002007
Suzuki RM250 20002008
Suzuki RM65 20032005
Suzuki RM85 20022009
Suzuki RM85 20122013
Suzuki RM85L 20032008
Suzuki RM85L 20122013
Suzuki RMZ250 2004
Suzuki RMZ250 20072013
Suzuki RMZ250 20052006
Suzuki RMZ450 20062013
Suzuki RMZ450 2005

Would that be DRZ compatible if I've disabled the switch on the clutch lever?
Old 10-22-2013, 11:17 AM   #20747
AteamNM
Wonna Be ADVrider

Oddometer: 3,592
Could this issue be a fuel/vapor lock? We met up with a group in Moab last week and a DRZ was having issues. Owner said the battery was dead. The light was strong but the engine would not roll over but a few times. Took the bike to a local shop (Arrow Head Sports - Fred Hink) and the ride in the back of the truck solved the problem. Owner had left the fuel cock on the whole way from Texas. Bike took a while to start, major flooded.

Never trailer a bike with the fuel on. I always turn off the fuel anyway at the end of the day.
AteamNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 11:55 AM   #20748
DR650SEDDY
ride2discover

Oddometer: 3,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by bj4x4 View Post
Anyone from aus know any good online stores i can get a 6.0kg rear spring?
For extra $35 USD, they'll ship it to u. The spring is $100 USD.

Race Tech Shock Spring - 6.0 kg/mm SRSP 672760 Rear 6.0kg/mm SRSP672760 (Fits: DRZ400)

Old 10-22-2013, 12:00 PM   #20749
BEEF706
King of the dumb dab

Oddometer: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by AteamNM View Post
Could this issue be a fuel/vapor lock? We met up with a group in Moab last week and a DRZ was having issues. Owner said the battery was dead. The light was strong but the engine would not roll over but a few times. Took the bike to a local shop (Arrow Head Sports - Fred Hink) and the ride in the back of the truck solved the problem. Owner had left the fuel cock on the whole way from Texas. Bike took a while to start, major flooded.

Never trailer a bike with the fuel on. I always turn off the fuel anyway at the end of the day.
Been there, done that, did it again at the RCR . Had to take off the tank and splash the gas out of the cylinder so I could go for a ride Sat. Morning. (Iblamed being rattled by my visit with law enforcement the night before). I try to turn off the petcock when we stop to take pics now.
BEEF706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:08 PM   #20750
Brewin_Rider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Stolen DRZ400 in BC

This was forwarded to my by a friend

Bens bike was stolen last weekend from Kelowna, BC.
2008, drz400, VIN# JS1SK43A782101173

See it please contact

coreen.george.duncan@gmail.com

Brewin_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 03:22 PM   #20751
treestrom
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32x20 View Post
Pretty odd. I wonder if enough fuel can get into the oil that it's pressurizing the crankcase and puking gas/oil mix out the breather?

Can you check inside the airbox to determine where the oil is coming from?
That seems to have been the problem. I drained the oil this morning and has started good since.

The new issue is on top end or the throttle wide open it seems to skip like it's out of fuel.(maybe jets?)

Thanks a ton for you guys input.
treestrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 04:23 PM   #20752
bobbed06
Cavalera Conspirator

Oddometer: 1,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by AteamNM View Post

Hopefully the owner didnt run the bike for more than a few seconds prior to changing the oil that was contaminated by fuel.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1009935
bobbed06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:27 PM   #20753
PhiSig1071
What's ******width?

Oddometer: 2,293
Tubliss and Knobbies?

Anybody else running the tubliss system on their DRZ? Did it change your tire choices? I have been running TMII's and I like the traction, but they wear out quickly (I think I got 700 miles out of the current rear). I have a friend who runs a shop out here, and he sells the tubliss system and he recommended going with a much harder knobby tire, and running it at much lower pressures. He said I'll get the same kind of traction but I can triple my mileage.

He recommended a Dunlop 908 front and a D606 rear, or a MT21 set.

What's your experience?

Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem
PhiSig1071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:35 PM   #20754
klx_dude
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by bj4x4 View Post
Anyone from aus know any good online stores i can get a 6.0kg rear spring?
I bought my set a couple weeks ago from ebay. Was cheapest option I could find...they came from America. Pm me if you want the links

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk
klx_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:16 PM   #20755
Blakebird
r-u-n-n-o-f-t

Oddometer: 15,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by treestrom View Post
The new issue is on top end or the throttle wide open it seems to skip like it's out of fuel.(maybe jets?)
haven't followed closely enough to know if you have a single petcock tank, or dual....or whether you have an inline fuel filter.

if you have a single line and a filter, it's possible you're not getting enough gas thru the line when running WOT or on the main for long periods.

When I run a fuel filter I use the large inline filters that allow a decent flow rate
IBA #11735 . 1968-present
Blakebird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:17 PM   #20756
George 99
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakebird View Post
haven't followed closely enough to know if you have a single petcock tank, or dual....or whether you have an inline fuel filter.

if you have a single line and a filter, it's possible you're not getting enough gas thru the line when running WOT or on the main for long periods.

When I run a fuel filter I use the large inline filters that allow a decent flow rate
I had a similar incident on my first shake-down ride just on Monday. After fiddling with it yesterday, decided the fuel filter which came with my new Safari tank wasn't passing enuff gas to keep up so deleted it. Will try her again in frew minutes. Spent most of yesterday solving a couple other minor details yesterday. (Disregard the grain coolant on the garage floor, my own stupidity caused the initial spill. )

Good news, the Safari tank went back on much more easily the second time.

Here's a pic of the mostly assembled bike:

...and Sanjo's fairing/screen with a 60 and 44 installed:
Old 10-23-2013, 02:28 PM   #20757
AteamNM
Wonna Be ADVrider

Oddometer: 3,592
Info on the fairing?

Uber nice.
AteamNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:05 PM   #20758
treestrom
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakebird View Post

It has a stock tank and fuel line. The only thing that has changed is the fleabay card.
I might take this new to me card. out and clean it. Just a little gun shy on fixing something that may not be broken?
I'm at a loss when it comes to jets.

Thanks again.
treestrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:12 PM   #20759
59DEN
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 802
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiSig1071 View Post
Tubliss and Knobbies?

Anybody else running the tubliss system on their DRZ? Did it change your tire choices? I have been running TMII's and I like the traction, but they wear out quickly (I think I got 700 miles out of the current rear). I have a friend who runs a shop out here, and he sells the tubliss system and he recommended going with a much harder knobby tire, and running it at much lower pressures. He said I'll get the same kind of traction but I can triple my mileage.

He recommended a Dunlop 908 front and a D606 rear, or a MT21 set.

What's your experience?

I have had a very good run with Bridgestone ED78 (120/100/18) and Tubliss so far the min distance has been 6500km.
On my holiday trip this year the tyre covered 8700km with a mix 20% slab, the rest gravel and sand, just note these are not DOT rated though.
I have used 8 of these so far and never had a puncture through the carcass of the tyre, a few pinch flats when using tubes, these are a tough tyre.
If it has to be a DOT tyre I would use the same as numbers, the MT21
59DEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:36 PM   #20760
Plane Dr
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by George 99 View Post
I had a similar incident on my first shake-down ride just on Monday. After fiddling with it yesterday, decided the fuel filter which came with my new Safari tank wasn't passing enuff gas to keep up so deleted it. Will try her again in frew minutes. Spent most of yesterday solving a couple other minor details yesterday. (Disregard the grain coolant on the garage floor, my own stupidity caused the initial spill. )

Good news, the Safari tank went back on much more easily the second time.

Here's a pic of the mostly assembled bike:

...and Sanjo's fairing/screen with a 60 and 44 installed:
I've got a 30 and a 60 (if I recall correctly). Awesome light. I seldom ever run them on "high" usually with the dimmer set at 50% as they are to bright...
86 RG500WW (gone)

Bikes are like women. What you think you want, and what you want, change after the first ride.
Plane Dr is offline   Reply With Quote