User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2013, 10:51 PM   #13486
Thumper Dan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 311
circlip for sprocket

Anyone know where a circlip can be sourced in Australia for the front sprocket?

I've had a good search around the net but nothing local??

thanks

Mods: Manrack, ebay 48 litre top box, grind header pipe; B&B bash plate; bigger/better tool compartment (pvc pipe) - Screens For Bikes Windscreen, TM40 Pumper Carb, Safari Tank, Seat Concepts, Oxford Heater Grips, Highway Pegs, Wolfman Expidition bags and racks, HDB handguards, Cogent Mojave rear shock, intiminators, GSX muffler/mod
Thumper Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:19 AM   #13487
Lupine128
That's MR Band Aid!

Oddometer: 941
hav to wonder why you'd want to go with a clip rather than the plate and bolt set up?
the bolts are solid and i've never had any fall out.

Dropped from full Team F5 sponsorship due to family commitments.
Stupid family.
Lupine128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 02:20 AM   #13488
Thumper Dan
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupine128 View Post
hav to wonder why you'd want to go with a clip rather than the plate and bolt set up?
the bolts are solid and i've never had any fall out.
I'll probably use a combination of both. I use a 13 tooth and the chain hits it. I know I can grind the retainer down but, well.....you know.

I will only use the clip on the 13 tooth and there isn't a surprising amount of lateral force on the clip/reainter, as the rear sprocket in reality keeps it aligned and falling off the spline.

Plus, clip is quicker to change off and used alot on DR350's.

Tha's all I've got.

Mods: Manrack, ebay 48 litre top box, grind header pipe; B&B bash plate; bigger/better tool compartment (pvc pipe) - Screens For Bikes Windscreen, TM40 Pumper Carb, Safari Tank, Seat Concepts, Oxford Heater Grips, Highway Pegs, Wolfman Expidition bags and racks, HDB handguards, Cogent Mojave rear shock, intiminators, GSX muffler/mod
Old 10-22-2013, 02:56 PM   #13489
Maso
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
Thumper Dan

Have you tried you local Bearing shop?

Could be worth a shot.

Past Ride DRZ400E Now DR650
Maso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 11:48 PM   #13490
Thumper Dan
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maso View Post
Thumper Dan

Have you tried you local Bearing shop?

Could be worth a shot.

I will give them ago (another bearing shop).

But started out and went to local Suzuki dealer, no, try bearing shop, went to bearing shop, no try specialst engine repairer......haven't tried there yet. I think I can order from the states. Will see.

I may just buy a second retainer plate and grind that one down for the 13 tooth sprocket (ruff stuff) and keep the main one for the 15 tooth sprocket (highway travels).
Old 10-23-2013, 11:25 AM   #13491
ER70S-2
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,108
Curious if anyone has heard from ADV8? He hasn't posted for a year.

SUZUKI DR650SE INFORMATION INDEX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threewheelbonnie View Post
"BTW, I don't do style. It's a dirt bike, not some girlie dress-up thing." -
ER70S-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:32 PM   #13492
blackcap
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 529
something old from Cape York. my first "big" ride on the DR. 3000km sydney to cairns in 4 days then change tires and into the dirt. i met the guys in the pajero while i was up there and they filmed everything and even carried the backpack i had mounted on the rack for the telegraph track. you meet the best people in the most remote locations

Australia to Iceland on a DR650 http://oztoice.wordpress.com
and facebook https://www.facebook.com/oztoice
blackcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 04:23 PM   #13493
RAR
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 100
awesome video !

what year was that ? 2005 ?
what month of the year ? there`s alot of water ! I was up there in August last year - not as much water , and the condition of the tracks are alot different too ! cool stuff.
RAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 05:27 PM   #13494
blackcap
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAR View Post
what month of the year ? there`s alot of water ! I was up there in August last year - not as much water , and the condition of the tracks are alot different too ! cool stuff.
thanks. was a lot of fun learning about de drowning the DR while i was there too haha. i think it was 2005. late june and the wet season had been longer than normal according to the locals so a lot of the roads had still only been opened for a few days

Old 11-01-2013, 07:16 PM   #13495
Thumper Dan
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Are the conditions of the track better or worse. I'm thinking of going up next May ( or there abouts) but not sure if I will go the Old Telegraph Track or not. Probably go the other way, which apparenlty is easier??

Good Vid Black Cap - You were keen to do some of those tracks by yourself, although you eventually had some sort of support.

on ya
Old 11-01-2013, 09:53 PM   #13496
RAR
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 100
cape york track condition

The condition of the tracks are generally worse - mostly the entry/ exists of creeks. Not a problem for a bike , though. However I expect even MORE water to be around (than video) in May , possibly making all the good tracks impassable. The condition of the main development road is better . ( bitumen in some parts) . We rode the CREB track (red clay) , Starke track (alot of sand/ bulldust) , Frenchmans track (Pascoe river crossing), Old Telly Track and Maytown track self supported and loved it ! It`s an awesome place.
RAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:45 PM   #13497
Thumper Dan
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
The condition of the tracks are generally worse - mostly the entry/ exists of creeks. Not a problem for a bike , though. However I expect even MORE water to be around (than video) in May , possibly making all the good tracks impassable. The condition of the main development road is better . ( bitumen in some parts) . We rode the CREB track (red clay) , Starke track (alot of sand/ bulldust) , Frenchmans track (Pascoe river crossing), Old Telly Track and Maytown track self supported and loved it ! It`s an awesome place.
Well May, August or whenever its not raining . But those other tracks you mentioned CREB track don't connect the Peninsula do they?? Sorry, I'm a North Qld virgin
Old 11-01-2013, 11:17 PM   #13498
dazza67
Porky Adventurer

Oddometer: 193
[IMG][/IMG]

Pic of Delhunty creek a couple of weeks ago.
Water is quite low

[/IMG]

Cockatoo creek

dazza67 screwed with this post 11-01-2013 at 11:35 PM
dazza67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:48 PM   #13499
dazza67
Porky Adventurer

Oddometer: 193

cockatoo creek a couple of weeks ago,quite low as well.
dazza67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 01:54 AM   #13500
blackcap
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper Dan View Post
Are the conditions of the track better or worse. I'm thinking of going up next May ( or there abouts) but not sure if I will go the Old Telegraph Track or not. Probably go the other way, which apparenlty is easier??

Good Vid Black Cap - You were keen to do some of those tracks by yourself, although you eventually had some sort of support.

on ya
keen AND stupid. no idea what i was doing but water crossings arent as scary anymore. the beauty of the telegraph track is that most of the cars do the southern half together, rest at the falls for 2 or 3 days then tackle the northern half. we all spread out along the track but would meet up at the more difficult crossings to either help or just enjoy the carnage haha. i got free food and they got a bit of a show