User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2013, 07:21 PM   #1
DudeClone OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,684
Genuine To Import PGO X-Hot 170i

And apparently they will sell it as the Genuine Hooligan 170i. Or something of the sort?

Anyway I don't think any"official" info has been released to the riding press or public at large, but at the ModernBuddy board a few threads have been made where the scooter is being discussed.

Looks to be a Yamaha Zuma / Piaggio Fly / Kymco Movie 150 competitor at $3200 or so. Or simply for those who want something other in a Genuine / PGO 170 scooter then a Buddy? The 170i platform has proven solid with the Buddy and the X-Hot looks like a quality scooter.

So, any interest in this Genuine Hooligan? This video suggest its built for "off road" duty, too.

DudeClone screwed with this post 10-23-2013 at 12:34 AM
DudeClone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:24 PM   #2
DudeClone OP
Beastly Adventurer

this video gives a more common use, day to day look. i think i like it

Old 10-22-2013, 08:53 PM   #3
JerryH
Banned

Oddometer: 5,069
It looks almost identical to the Zuma 125.
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 09:51 PM   #4
kyhillbilly
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 130
Hmmm. Looks to much like a Zuma for me. If the price was lower and the top speed higher it would make a good Zuma alternative but just on looks alone I would take a new typhoon 125 over it.
kyhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 10:03 PM   #5
longhaul747
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 597
Talked with my Piaggio/Vespa/Genuine dealer just today about this scooter. Its going to have a rugged look to it like the Zuma 125 but only have regular street tires on it. So its not really going to be a dual sport scooter but then nothing really is officially anyway.

Price and release dates is still TBA but from what they were told is its likely to show up in January or February at the latest. Price they are shooting for is about $3,200!

I would really like to have a scooter with the rugged style but with a real motor in it. This scooter from what has been said so far is really tickling my fancy. However I am out of room and I can't think of anything I want to part with. So just how I can pull it off is yet to be determined.
longhaul747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 12:27 AM   #6
brianwheelies
Iron toocus

Oddometer: 3,473
Quote:
Originally Posted by longhaul747 View Post
Talked with my Piaggio/Vespa/Genuine dealer just today about this scooter. Its going to have a rugged look to it like the Zuma 125 but only have regular street tires on it. So its not really going to be a dual sport scooter but then nothing really is officially anyway.

Price and release dates is still TBA but from what they were told is its likely to show up in January or February at the latest. Price they are shooting for is about $3,200!

I would really like to have a scooter with the rugged style but with a real motor in it. This scooter from what has been said so far is really tickling my fancy. However I am out of room and I can't think of anything I want to part with. So just how I can pull it off is yet to be determined.
If there is anyone not needing another bike...

That being said, the video of it off roading make me want it.

If a company would just come out with a true adventure scoot already!
brianwheelies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 01:57 AM   #7
DudeClone OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyhillbilly View Post
Hmmm. Looks to much like a Zuma for me. If the price was lower and the top speed higher it would make a good Zuma alternative but just on looks alone I would take a new typhoon 125 over it.
yeah i was going to include the typhoon as a competitor but saw it as a bit down market from this scooter. but it does bring up an interesting point as several capable scooters with similar intentions can be had for several hundred dollars less. imo most notably the new Lance PCH 150 for around $1000 less. and my local dealer quotes otd prices on 125's at $2400, pdi / prep included

Yamaha can ask this much for Zuma's because its a nice, quality scooter. no doubt, up close it is obviously quality. i have never rode one but if its as good as it looks i can see why people want one. The Buddy is a "one of a kind" sort of scooter today and has carved out a healthy cult following of sorts, and the Fly 150 and Honda PCX? goes without saying some real good scooters exist in this neighborhood

so the question is the X-Hot a good scooter or a real good scooter? i wonder what the Genuine version will look like and how they will market the scooter? as an owner of a Buddy 150 i can tell you the motor is there and apparently the FI and higher displacement only makes things smoother

so i would think what PGO claims about superior suspension pieces and quality hardware will have to be true. this cannot resemble a down market "budget" scooter in anyway imo

PGO makes good stuff, should be nice enough

DudeClone screwed with this post 10-23-2013 at 06:48 AM
DudeClone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:18 AM   #8
Dan V.
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 108
It has some great bits (naked bars, suspension, brakes) but the overall package is FUGLY.

Not sure why PGO hasn't put the 170I engine in the Rattler, which sells well and is not near as ugly as this one. I think that most of the PGO line-up is rather homely, including the nose on my own Buddy. Something about that Taiwan styling just doesn't appeal to me.

Genuine has had a management shakeup this past year - it will be interesting to see how things change. I wish them continued success as they bring us good products and support.
Old 10-25-2013, 02:55 AM   #9
DudeClone OP
Beastly Adventurer

check out this little onboard computer doodad in the gauge cluster. i think its neat but am not familiar with high tech on scoots so it might be more common then i figure? haven't seen much of it yet on small scooters

i like how the "PGO" sort of swirls on
Old 10-25-2013, 01:52 PM   #10
brianwheelies
Iron toocus

Oddometer: 3,473
The Aprilia has had those features for years.

I don't think all X-Hot's have that setup. As the US version will have efi it will probably have those extra features.
brianwheelies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 02:07 PM   #11
tastroman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,593
With 12 inch wheels and a plastic undercarriage it's never going to be that great off road. As far as a city bike goes, if I was in the market for a 150, I'd give it a look.
2009 Buell Ulysses XB12XT
tastroman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:20 PM   #12
JerryH
Banned

Oddometer: 5,069
Is this a 150 or a 170? If it is a 170, it probably has the same engine as the Buddy 170, which has known overheating issues.
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 06:54 AM   #13
DudeClone OP
Beastly Adventurer

oops...

....saw some news posted on another forum and apparently the "Hooligan" may not be the PGO X-Hot but rather the PGO Libra. same guts, different panels, and maybe a narrower purpose? looks sort of like a commuter / mini-tourer. but then where does the "Hooligan" part come in? i am hoping more for an X-Hot style scoot as it is more badass looking. but the Libra is more "nice" imo. very practical and maybe a bit more worthy of its premium price to some buyers?

Old 11-14-2013, 06:30 AM   #14
AMAC1680
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 581
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Be Big,
AMAC
SYM RV200 EVO
Lance "Cali Classic" 125
AMAC1680 is offline   Reply With Quote