Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2013, 10:16 AM   #226
capriccio
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,911
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipFlop3 View Post
Well I guess I don't exist then. I find it amusing that you automatically assume what size engine I have, or what kind of mods I have done to my bike. There are builds out there without NOS, Turbos, Superchargers that push over 160hp. I just wanted a more reliable engine and made the adjustments accordingly. I have no reason to lie about it and what would that prove. As far as rebuild, I only have to change out my piston rings (and accordingly the gaskets) every 20,000 MI and thats a nice day in the garage once a year and only costs about $100. What heat are you talking about? It is no hotter than stock. Well I'll stop feeding you now.
Really! No heat issues? Just like stock! So you think NOS, Turbos and Superchargers that push an engine to 160HP don't put additional wear, stresses and heat that drastically reduce the life of a motor?! You have what? An 88, 96 or 103, now think how fast or calculate if you can how fast the piston would have to travel in the cylinder on that long stroke with the rpm needed to achieve 130HP, never mind 160HP. NOS gives you bigger bangs which means a lot more heat and stresses. Listen Dude for now just lick the toe jam and headcheese as required by NooBies! when you learn a few thinks about engines how they work and the science that goes along try again, and just for the record, we talking street engines, not dragster were the engines run a few seconds for 2K or 3K revolutions and get rebuilt. For now be happy that harley sell shiny things to make you and all the kool-aid lovers happy. "UHHH...HOOOO....Look how shiny this one is....UHHHHH"

Capriccio.
capriccio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 10:21 AM   #227
woodnbow
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,273
And then he doubled down...
woodnbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 10:37 AM   #228
Bueller
Cashin?

Oddometer: 17,096
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodnbow View Post
And then he doubled down...
What really displays his ignorance is the fact that he thinks 1.5 hp per cubic inch is a big deal. I'm driving a car with a 330 CI engine that puts out over 600 hp at 6000 rpm (lower redline than a mapped Harley big twin) and will do so for over 100k miles reliably. That's 1.86 hp per CI. Christ, even my Jeep is putting out 1.3 hp per CI from a typical grocery getter V-6.

"bueller, you ARE an island of reason in a sea of bullshit" - quasigentrified
Bueller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 10:43 AM   #229
Bueller
Cashin?

Oddometer: 17,096
http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US...ersion=desktop

Correction - it's not 130 hp. It's actually 142 hp

"bueller, you ARE an island of reason in a sea of bullshit" - quasigentrified
Bueller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 11:06 AM   #230
waveydavey
happy times!!

Oddometer: 9,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by capriccio View Post
Really! No heat issues? Just like stock! So you think NOS, Turbos and Superchargers that push an engine to 160HP don't put additional wear, stresses and heat that drastically reduce the life of a motor?! You have what? An 88, 96 or 103, now think how fast or calculate if you can how fast the piston would have to travel in the cylinder on that long stroke with the rpm needed to achieve 130HP, never mind 160HP. NOS gives you bigger bangs which means a lot more heat and stresses. Listen Dude for now just lick the toe jam and headcheese as required by NooBies! when you learn a few thinks about engines how they work and the science that goes along try again, and just for the record, we talking street engines, not dragster were the engines run a few seconds for 2K or 3K revolutions and get rebuilt. For now be happy that harley sell shiny things to make you and all the kool-aid lovers happy. "UHHH...HOOOO....Look how shiny this one is....UHHHHH"
Dude, what is your problem! Don't flip out just because you've been left behind.
Old 10-25-2013, 12:56 PM   #231
GoonerYoda
Hot Dickens Cider

Oddometer: 592
Ignorance in capriccio strong it is
GoonerYoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 01:16 PM   #232
windmill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,084
Its like watching a tennis match.
On one side we have the "if it looks anything like a Harley its a fake", on the other, "Harleys are over grown garden tractors".

So much useful information, I'm sure the OP is pleased.
Old 10-25-2013, 01:48 PM   #233
woodnbow
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by windmill View Post
Its like watching a tennis match.
Between an overweight high school gym teacher and Serena Williams...

So much useful information, I'm sure the OP is pleased.
Feext...
woodnbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 03:15 PM   #234
coneye
Adventurer

Oddometer: 77
Can't speak about horsepower , because i don't know shit about it , in fact i've got 2 bikes and would'nt have a clue how much hose they put out , whats more don't care .

But what i do know is 30,ooo miles a year is not only doable its EASILLY doable , I've done more than that this year , last year and the year before that , and since i retired a few weeks ago , i'll be doing a lot more in the years to come .
coneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 03:18 PM   #235
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 19,540
Quote:
Listen Dude for now just lick the toe jam and headcheese as required by NooBies! when you learn a few thinks about engines how they work and the science that goes along try again, and just for the record, we talking street engines, not dragster were the engines run a few seconds for 2K or 3K revolutions and get rebuilt. For now be happy that harley sell shiny things to make you and all the kool-aid lovers happy. "UHHH...HOOOO....Look how shiny this one is....UHHHHH"

Before you dig a hole to make you look irrecoverably ignorant why don't you use a little google foo and look up an engine builder like Chris Baisley or Mike Stegmann. They build engines like the ones you say don't exist and they hold up quite nicely as daily riders.
Old 10-25-2013, 05:57 PM   #236
capriccio
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,911
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
What really displays his ignorance is the fact that he thinks 1.5 hp per cubic inch is a big deal. I'm driving a car with a 330 CI engine that puts out over 600 hp at 6000 rpm (lower redline than a mapped Harley big twin) and will do so for over 100k miles reliably. That's 1.86 hp per CI. Christ, even my Jeep is putting out 1.3 hp per CI from a typical grocery getter V-6.
Now I'm really surprised at you, I expect more. We are talking HD engines not Ferrari or Formula One. Ducati claims 195HP from a twin with a very short stroke large bore set up AND it's water colled. If you are telling me that stroke has nothing to do with piston speed which is an engine killer then you are another ignorant moran. But as I said I'm willing to learn, but everyone brings up specials and the conversation was HD Vs Star, so we are talking street engines that can reliably go distance as claimed here of 30,000 mile per year. I owned three HD's an iron head, a 883 solid mounted to frame and a 96CI RK, so I have ridden them and the 883 was and is still my favored HD. But would not pay 20K+ for a RK or any more expensive touring models until they put performance and handling as a top priority. BTW if 1.5HP is no big deal why does HD sell their bikes with much less than .75HP per CI? and don't tell me emissions, Ducati does it, with more than 1.5HP per CI.

Capriccio.

capriccio screwed with this post 10-25-2013 at 06:11 PM
capriccio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 06:29 PM   #237
chickenhawk71
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Quote:
Now I'm really surprised at you, I expect more. We are talking HD engines not Ferrari or Formula One. Ducati claims 195HP from a twin with a very short stroke large bore set up AND it's water colled. If you are telling me that stroke has nothing to do with piston speed which is an engine killer then you are another ignorant moran. But as I said I'm willing to learn, but everyone brings up specials and the conversation was HD Vs Star, so we are talking street engines that can reliably go distance as claimed here of 30,000 mile per year. I owned three HD's an iron head, a 883 solid mounted to frame and a 96CI RK, so I have ridden them and the 883 was and is still my favored HD. But would not pay 20K+ for a RK or any more expensive touring models until they put performance and handling as a top priority. BTW if 1.5HP is no big deal why does HD sell their bikes with much less than .75HP per CI? and don't tell me emissions, Ducati does it, with more than 1.5HP per CI.
it must'a been the ironhead that gave him the complex!
chickenhawk71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 06:32 PM   #238
Cakeeater
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 871
Quote:
Hey tigerface, there's something exquisitely ironic when when you keep calling other people a "moran". It's spelled moron.

And a definition, which seems to fit you pretty well. "Moron" was coined in 1910 by psychologist Henry H. Goddard[3] from the Ancient Greek word μωρός (moros), which meant "dull"[4] (as opposed to oxy, which meant "sharp" (see also: oxymoron)), and used to describe a person with a mental age in adulthood of between 8 and 12 on the Binet scale.[5] It was once applied to people with an IQ of 51–70, being superior in one degree to "imbecile" (IQ of 26–50) and superior in two degrees to "idiot" (IQ of 0–25).

Cakeeater
Cakeeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 07:03 PM   #239
windmill
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,084
To use "correct" ADV vernacular........

Moron is spelled moran

Idiot is spelled idot

Ergo, if you use moron your an idot, and if you use idiot your a moran.

See the other ADV "correct" vernacular used here?
Old 10-25-2013, 07:10 PM   #240
Gas Hog
Two Wheel Fanatic

Oddometer: 947
Quote:
Listen Dude for now just lick the toe jam and headcheese as required by NooBies! when you learn a few thinks about engines how they work and the science that goes along try again,
Dude..you need to read your own sig line..twice..then set the crack pipe down.
Gary
Some regard private enterprise as if it were a predatory tiger to be shot. Others look upon it as a cow that they can milk. Only a handful see it for what it really is - the strong horse that pulls the whole cart. - Winston Churchill
Gas Hog is offline   Reply With Quote