ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Europe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-08-2013, 05:06 AM   #301
sein
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Location: Germany
Oddometer: 39
Husqvarna dealers near Rotterdam?

Can anyone recommend a good Husqvarna shop near Rotterdam? I need to buy a couple parts and get some maintenance done I don't have the tools/space for.

According to Husky's website, http://www.jstmotoren.nl and http://www.ariemolenaarmotors.nl look to be the closest shops. Anyone have experience with either of them? I'm happy to go further afield if anyone knows of a better shop as well.
sein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:49 AM   #302
SRAdventure
Adventurer
 
SRAdventure's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2013
Location: The Netherlands
Oddometer: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by sein View Post
Can anyone recommend a good Husqvarna shop near Rotterdam? I need to buy a couple parts and get some maintenance done I don't have the tools/space for.

According to Husky's website, http://www.jstmotoren.nl and http://www.ariemolenaarmotors.nl look to be the closest shops. Anyone have experience with either of them? I'm happy to go further afield if anyone knows of a better shop as well.
I was once at Arie Molenaar in the time I had a BMW (currently KTM) with a dead battery, they helped me out great and fast. Last week I visited Goedhart Motoren for some clothing and they topped up my bike with oil (for free! Where do you find that these days) while I was trying some clothes.

As far as I know Husqvarna is closely related to KTM and Goedhart motoren is KTM dealer, and close by Rotterdam.

All the best!


'04 KTM 950 Adventure (orange)
SRAdventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 12:05 PM   #303
ewanmcconachie
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2013
Location: Netherlands
Oddometer: 18
Goedhart

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRAdventure View Post
I was once at Arie Molenaar in the time I had a BMW (currently KTM) with a dead battery, they helped me out great and fast. Last week I visited Goedhart Motoren for some clothing and they topped up my bike with oil (for free! Where do you find that these days) while I was trying some clothes.

As far as I know Husqvarna is closely related to KTM and Goedhart motoren is KTM dealer, and close by Rotterdam.

All the best!


'04 KTM 950 Adventure (orange)
I can also vouch for Goedhart. Last week I dropped my KTM off there for warranty work. They looked after me very well and did an extra small job for free too. They are a large dealer and with all the facilities who I will go back to. Worth a try.
ewanmcconachie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 10:56 AM   #304
casperghst42
Gnarly Adventurer
 
casperghst42's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Rotterdam, The Netherlands (in exile)
Oddometer: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Plugs View Post
e

Generaly spoken you can say that (if you know your way around) you can still find several legal gravel / dirt roads open to the public in The Netherlands. Problem is that they are closed down rapidly due to some A*holes who can't behave towards other recreants enjoying those pistes...

Spoiling all the fun for those, who are willing to adjust...
According to the latest news from KNMV they have opened (or will) open some areas in North Brabant for off road riding ...

But I've not been able to find more information about.


Casper
casperghst42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 12:07 PM   #305
ewanmcconachie
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2013
Location: Netherlands
Oddometer: 18
Ah that does sound interesting thanks. It would be great to hear more about this and even share some trails with some of you. A winter ride can be fun. I have been out of the country for a few weeks but before I left I headed down to that area and rode some trails that were kindly shared to me. It was great to get out and away from the traffic so the more the better for me.
Now I'm off to Texas to try a little riding there, very free from traffic I expect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by casperghst42 View Post
According to the latest news from KNMV they have opened (or will) open some areas in North Brabant for off road riding ...

But I've not been able to find more information about.


Casper
ewanmcconachie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 02:09 PM   #306
wimj
Gnarly Adventurer
 
wimj's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Netherlands
Oddometer: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewanmcconachie View Post
Now I'm off to Texas to try a little riding there, very free from traffic I expect.
Tell us what it was like!
__________________
Riding Any Road
wimj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 03:51 PM   #307
Creeker747
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Creeker747's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Cave Creek, Az
Oddometer: 227
Thumb Amsterdam August 2014

Hey Amsterdam Inmates!

I will be coming over the pond to your fine city, and I need to get a bike and some routes for a few days. Please let me know if you have any recommendations for a place that rents bikes.

Or, if anyone is coming to Arizona. I would be happy to work some kind of swap. PM me if your're interested:





Thanks in advance.
__________________
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
Creeker747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 05:55 PM   #308
ewanmcconachie
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2013
Location: Netherlands
Oddometer: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by wimj View Post
Tell us what it was like!
Will do Wimj.
My original plan was to hire a GS for two days then a Harley. Unfortunately thunder storms are forecast and the hire company say I'm not allowed offroad. So I have given in and hired a Harley for riding in the hard stuff. After all, my recent riding at home had me and my KTM very wet in a big hole, so it's best I take it easy.
Anyway I will put up a ride report and if my tech skills allow, will add pictures and video.
Take it easy on the flat land folks.
ewanmcconachie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:05 AM   #309
wimj
Gnarly Adventurer
 
wimj's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Netherlands
Oddometer: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewanmcconachie View Post
Anyway I will put up a ride report and if my tech skills allow, will add pictures and video. Take it easy on the flat land folks.
I'll keep an eye on the ride reports section!

Leaving the flat land for the Lake District and Y.Dales in a couple of days!

cheers, Wim
__________________
Riding Any Road
wimj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:38 AM   #310
hockeymeteenstokkie
Adventurer
 
hockeymeteenstokkie's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Bleiswijk
Oddometer: 19
You can read here motorcyclerental = motor verhuur in dutch https://www.google.com/search?q=moto...hrome&ie=UTF-8
When you are near Bleiswijk you can drop by for a cup of coffee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creeker747 View Post
Hey Amsterdam Inmates!

I will be coming over the pond to your fine city, and I need to get a bike and some routes for a few days. Please let me know if you have any recommendations for a place that rents bikes.

Or, if anyone is coming to Arizona. I would be happy to work some kind of swap. PM me if your're interested:





Thanks in advance.
__________________
IBA #15502
Cure cancer, donate !
http://deelnemers.opgevenisgeenoptie...gen/actie.aspx
hockeymeteenstokkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 06:01 AM   #311
Creeker747
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Creeker747's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Cave Creek, Az
Oddometer: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeymeteenstokkie View Post
You can read here motorcyclerental = motor verhuur in dutch https://www.google.com/search?q=moto...hrome&ie=UTF-8
When you are near Bleiswijk you can drop by for a cup of coffee
Much appreciated! I have begun some research for my little excursion ( 3 days), and it sounds like I should make my way towards Bastogne. Thoughts on good route from Amsterdam w/ some nice twisties? I am going have the wifey on the back, so me's thinks she would prefer slab vs gnarly single track........
__________________
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
Creeker747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 04:43 AM   #312
wimj
Gnarly Adventurer
 
wimj's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Netherlands
Oddometer: 104
Maybe this?

http://bikeswap.org/
__________________
Riding Any Road
wimj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 05:38 AM   #313
Creeker747
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Creeker747's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Cave Creek, Az
Oddometer: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by wimj View Post
Very cool concept! Thanks for the link.
__________________
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
Creeker747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 07:53 AM   #314
Two Plugs
Beastly Adventurer
 
Two Plugs's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Groningen Province - Top of Holland
Oddometer: 1,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by wimj View Post
I'll keep an eye on the ride reports section!

Leaving the flat land for the Lake District and Y.Dales in a couple of days!

cheers, Wim
How was your trip, Wim? Have you stayed at the Tan Hill Inn? Its an wonderfull place, that it is... Esspecially if the landlady is in da house!
__________________
Bernard 'Two Plugs', NL
Honda XL1000V Varadero & VFR1200X Crosstourer Forum www.vci-forum.com

22-25 May 2015: 17th Varadero & 4rd Crosstourer International Meeting, Milau, France!
Two Plugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:42 PM   #315
wimj
Gnarly Adventurer
 
wimj's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Netherlands
Oddometer: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Plugs View Post
How was your trip, Wim? Have you stayed at the Tan Hill Inn? Its an wonderfull place, that it is... Esspecially if the landlady is in da house!
No, we camped. In rainy and icy conditions I may add. We stayed at the Takoda campside in Cumbria. Did a couple of rides to the passes (Hardknott for example) and a bit of green laning. Despite the weather conditions it was fun. Organized (sort of) by adventurebikerider.com
__________________
Riding Any Road
wimj is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014