Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
tunp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 11:37 AM   #25114
Griffin44
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdb1513 View Post
Firemen and EMS too, I've been a fireman for 10 years and it's amazing how oblivious people are to emergency personnel on the side of the road.
I was always taught by the old timers that "firemen" stoke locomotives, we put the damn things out. We're "firefighters". To which sentiment I agree completely.

Your point though, is well taken. But. far more coppers get killed on the side of the road than firefighters or paramedics. In Canada, it's by far the largest cause of police LODD.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:41 AM   #25115
Griffin44
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkMoneyLove View Post
The helmet may look to big, but the only thing they do for youth size small is throw bigger pads inside. My daughters first helmet looked huge, but it fit her head.

The deal breaker is the dangling feet. Guy should have taped down some. 2x4 blocks to the pegs :-)

I also picked up a belt with handles for my daughter to hang on to. Much better than just trying to grab my jacket.

If that kid slips, he is screwed
Even if the helmet fit snugly, the weight and leverage of that helmet on that kid's neck would snap it like a twig.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:53 AM   #25116
stretch160
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 448
So you were never given a ticket quota?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnone View Post
fonztheyeti,
You know of instances where LEOs where told to write tickets for revenue?

I was a LEO for nine years and was never told to write tickets to raise revenue.

However, I understood that I was suppose to enforced the law.
stretch160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 12:11 PM   #25117
fonztheyeti
king of all i survey

Oddometer: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnone View Post
fonztheyeti,
You know of instances where LEOs where told to write tickets for revenue?

I was a LEO for nine years and was never told to write tickets to raise revenue.

However, I understood that I was suppose to enforced the law.
sweet. yeah too many to list.

Originally Posted by Kommando
People that want to try to dictate my life to me can suck it.
fonztheyeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 12:24 PM   #25118
DC2wheels
Castle Anthrax troll

Oddometer: 2,078
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
Shoulda' had a gremlin bell.......

I don't see no stinkin' bell under that bike, so the peel had free reign.

Probably discarded by a follower of Darla. "No you jackass, not a banana, a BANDANA"

sugarhillctd on the
http://k11og.org/forum/index.php world-wide K bike forum

DC2wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 12:29 PM   #25119
GoGo Gadget
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,255
Quote:
Originally Posted by PFFOG View Post
There was a story 3 or 4 years ago when a high ranking muckity muck from VA, DID tell the LEO that they were to go out and write as many tickets as they could to raise revenue. They wrote something like 7000 tickets in a weekend. I will see if I can find the story

EDIT
See story below!

http://www.businessinsider.com/virgi...ernment-2010-3

Virginia balanced the budget by reducing spending. Fines for tickets written by the State Police go to the Virginia Literary Fund that goes towards funding the public school system by law. So contrary to the tinfoil hat wearing conspiracy theorist blog you linked to, Virginia did not write a bunch of tickets in March just to make their budget by June. Do they have targeted weekends where they saturate the roads for a high presence to control traffic? Yep. NHTSA has Federal grant money to offer local cops to help keep the highways safe, so they spend Fed money to do what they cannot afford to do otherwise. Do some small jurisdictions with so little tax revenue depend on ticket revenue? Yep. Those are in the minority. I had local riders accuse me of just being a revenuer for the county. So I looked it up. My county gets less than 1/3 of 1% of its' revenue from all court fines, not just traffic tickets, but all court fines. So they would not even notice if we wrote 30% fewer or more tickets. There is absolutely no push to write tickets for revenue. If you are working one of the NHTSA grants, they want you to write tickets to prove you are working, and not sleeping. But as far as those stat go, a warning and a cite are both stats. So 20 warning and 20 tickets both prove you are working and not fucking off at the coffee shop.

So no, most cops don't give a shit how much revenue comes from tickets as it does not affect us. We do care about how safe the roads are. We do care about how safe the neighborhoods are. We do care about how much crime is reduced. We do care about how well we are doing our job, because that is why we took this job. And no, I don't care that you probably don't believe anything I just typed.

I have been told I have the body of a God. What does this Buddha guy look like?
GoGo Gadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 12:54 PM   #25120
EricD10563
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 627
Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch160 View Post
So you were never given a ticket quota?
Management expects a certain amount of productivity otherwise you would have 10% of the people doing 90% of the work :)
In 2009 I rode 18,589 miles on an island that's 72 miles long. That's 50 miles a day everyday for 365 days. I think I'll go home now. 88k miles and still riding http://travelwithe.com/blogengine.net/ my YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTJA4CrFRY-_rvDejPct73g
EricD10563 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 01:19 PM   #25121
JimVonBaden
"Cool" Aid!

Oddometer: 48,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGo Gadget View Post
Virginia balanced the budget by reducing spending. Fines for tickets written by the State Police go to the Virginia Literary Fund that goes towards funding the public school system by law. So contrary to the tinfoil hat wearing conspiracy theorist blog you linked to, Virginia did not write a bunch of tickets in March just to make their budget by June. Do they have targeted weekends where they saturate the roads for a high presence to control traffic? Yep. NHTSA has Federal grant money to offer local cops to help keep the highways safe, so they spend Fed money to do what they cannot afford to do otherwise. Do some small jurisdictions with so little tax revenue depend on ticket revenue? Yep. Those are in the minority. I had local riders accuse me of just being a revenuer for the county. So I looked it up. My county gets less than 1/3 of 1% of its' revenue from all court fines, not just traffic tickets, but all court fines. So they would not even notice if we wrote 30% fewer or more tickets. There is absolutely no push to write tickets for revenue. If you are working one of the NHTSA grants, they want you to write tickets to prove you are working, and not sleeping. But as far as those stat go, a warning and a cite are both stats. So 20 warning and 20 tickets both prove you are working and not fucking off at the coffee shop.

So no, most cops don't give a shit how much revenue comes from tickets as it does not affect us. We do care about how safe the roads are. We do care about how safe the neighborhoods are. We do care about how much crime is reduced. We do care about how well we are doing our job, because that is why we took this job. And no, I don't care that you probably don't believe anything I just typed.
Now don't go spreading facts around, it just annoys those who wish not to know the truth!

Jim
JimVonBaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 01:23 PM   #25122
CallMeBoog
Done

Oddometer: 5,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimVonBaden View Post
Now don't go spreading facts around, it just annoys those who wish not to know the truth!

Jim
Oh my god you are so funny.

So.

Funny.

Boog

CallMeBoog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 01:26 PM   #25123
el queso
toda su base

Oddometer: 624
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2wheels View Post
Shoulda' had a gremlin bell.......

I don't see no stinkin' bell under that bike, so the peel had free reign.

Probably discarded by a follower of Darla. "No you jackass, not a banana, a BANDANA"
Well done sir.

And may I add, "so he had to lay 'er down."
el queso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 01:31 PM   #25124
orangebear
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin44 View Post
I was always taught by the old timers that "firemen" stoke locomotives, we put the damn things out. We're "firefighters". To which sentiment I agree completely.

Your point though, is well taken. But. far more coppers get killed on the side of the road than firefighters or paramedics. In Canada, it's by far the largest cause of police LODD.
Women firemen are caller firefighter and men are called firemen
Klr650c the 1 I should not of wasted my money on
Honda xl125rc powered by a cg125 block fun wee bike
orangebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 04:09 PM   #25125
bdb1513
Adventurer

Oddometer: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin44 View Post

Definitely more cops then firefighters (not firemen) and EMS, but still sketchy either way. And cops don't like to wear reflective vests for some reason around here, specially the state troopers.