Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2013, 06:04 PM   #466
KoolBreeze
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 451
Quote:
Originally Posted by xymotic View Post

Outside of proper "rush hours" LA to San Diego is a 90 MPH smooth sail the whole way.

about that... I received a ticket about a week ago for doing 85 down the i5 from a CHP Motorrad rider. (heading to san diego from Carlsbad)

I saw the bike waaaay back there cruising along catching up behind me and (guessing over 1/4 mile behind... minimal traffic) when he hit the light I looked around for somebody he was pulling over, and realized there was nobody really around other than me. mentally I was wtf? are you kidding? guess I was actually doing 85 at some point... (go figure) but no more than 85 before I saw him as I was actually having a rather chill commute (no hurry no rush) and I saw him waaaaaay back there and eased off.

this whole experience weirds me out. (due to the fact I actually feel I would've never received the ticket if I were in one of my four wheeled vehicles.)

edit: I must add, the officer had the ultimate motorcycle cop mustache. I give him major street cred for that. I almost told him as much but figured discretion is key at times and he might take it wrong.

KoolBreeze screwed with this post 10-25-2013 at 06:14 PM
KoolBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 07:04 PM   #467
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolBreeze View Post
about that... I received a ticket about a week ago for doing 85 down the i5 from a CHP Motorrad rider. (heading to san diego from Carlsbad)

I saw the bike waaaay back there cruising along catching up behind me and (guessing over 1/4 mile behind... minimal traffic) when he hit the light I looked around for somebody he was pulling over, and realized there was nobody really around other than me. mentally I was wtf? are you kidding? guess I was actually doing 85 at some point... (go figure) but no more than 85 before I saw him as I was actually having a rather chill commute (no hurry no rush) and I saw him waaaaaay back there and eased off.

this whole experience weirds me out. (due to the fact I actually feel I would've never received the ticket if I were in one of my four wheeled vehicles.)

edit: I must add, the officer had the ultimate motorcycle cop mustache. I give him major street cred for that. I almost told him as much but figured discretion is key at times and he might take it wrong.

I guess the rule is really 'never stand out" the nail that stands proud gets hammered down. That is very odd though... I'd be very tempted to fight it, but probably more trouble than it's worth. Is that section of road speed limit 70?
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
6:10 to Yuma
trials and tribulations in the Mojave
Baja Blitz Yard sale
View Current Location via Spot Tracker
xymotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:42 PM   #468
KoolBreeze
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
I guess the rule is really 'never stand out" the nail that stands proud gets hammered down. That is very odd though... I'd be very tempted to fight it, but probably more trouble than it's worth. Is that section of road speed limit 70?

"pretty sure" it's 65. then again... who pays attention to those speed sign things?
Old 10-25-2013, 08:44 PM   #469
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
"pretty sure" it's 65. then again... who pays attention to those speed sign things?
LOl, it's kinda weird that you are proving my point while also totally refuting it
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
Baja Blitz Yard sale
Old 10-26-2013, 01:16 AM   #470
KoolBreeze
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
LOl, it's kinda weird that you are proving my point while also totally refuting it

just say'n

dude was totally rocking the

Old 10-26-2013, 02:53 AM   #471
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
just say'n

dude was totally rocking the

Oh meow you dinnet!

He musta just been told to up the quota
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
Baja Blitz Yard sale