Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2013, 11:03 AM   #16
Airhead Wrangler
Adios Mexico

Oddometer: 6,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Benny View Post
You know some dullard at the DOL got his jolly of the day when he decided to abbreviate Kawasaki as "KAWK." A chuckle was most certainly had.

Current rides: HPN #834, '93 R100GSPD "red rocket", '73 R75/5 Toaster mongrel, '80 Ducati Pantah 500SL, '92 DR350, '67 Honda SS50, '80 Honda Chaly.
Airhead Wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 11:18 AM   #17
uraberg
whosaberg?

Oddometer: 684
Out of curiosity, How do Americans (or non dutch speakers in general) pronounce your last name?

Quote:
I used my registration alone (without title) several times and didn't have any issues.

And while I don't condone this () It's pretty easy to do a nice photoshop job these days. While the title says California, you might notice the New Hampshire seal on the bottom and if you look closely you'll see the words VOID all over it. It worked flawlessly throughout Latin America . It has everything officials looks for: Fancy border, odd colors, ugly dot-matrix font, a seal and a control number.

uraberg screwed with this post 10-24-2013 at 11:19 AM Reason: quoted wrong person
uraberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:57 PM   #18
AndyT
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 451
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeVee View Post
that's great. only one problem: most countries have examples of official documents such as titles, drivers licenses etc. if you are lucky and they don't look, good on you. i wouldn't want to be busted at a border or worse, in country, with fake docs. say bye-bye moto!
I was at some border in Central America, can't remember which, and they had a binder with a sample title from what looked to be all the American states, each in its' own plastic slip case. I have never traveled on forged documents, but it did put me off of doing it in the future.
Old 10-24-2013, 03:03 PM   #19
strsout
Banned Camp

Oddometer: 1,034
My bike has a custom plate (STRSOUT) and on the Xerox Copy of my title it has the orginal letters+numbers California plate. Then I took it (yes, withe the Xerox copy) to all countries Ushuaia-Argentina from CA-USA.
The only place I need to show the original tittle was to board the bike in a Plane in Panama City to Bogota.

They never bother on the Xerox, much less on the plane discrepancy.
Loma Linda - CA - IBA#14,458 - AMA
strsout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 03:20 PM   #20
Dr. Benny
Enjoying the Journey

Oddometer: 809
Quote:
Originally Posted by uraberg View Post
Out of curiosity, How do Americans (or non dutch speakers in general) pronounce your last name?
Actually, I made this for my friend Torben. And I have no idea how to pronounce his last name. I don't think I've ever tried
Old 10-24-2013, 09:35 PM   #21
Airhead Wrangler
Adios Mexico

Oddometer: 6,281
Quote:
I have no idea how to pronounce his last name.
I'd guess "Pipers."

Current rides: HPN #834, '93 R100GSPD "red rocket", '73 R75/5 Toaster mongrel, '80 Ducati Pantah 500SL, '92 DR350, '67 Honda SS50, '80 Honda Chaly.
Airhead Wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:54 PM   #22
crashmaster
ow, my balls!

Oddometer: 4,956
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyT View Post
I was at some border in Central America, can't remember which, and they had a binder with a sample title from what looked to be all the American states, each in its' own plastic slip case. I have never traveled on forged documents, but it did put me off of doing it in the future.
They had this book at El Amatillo, Honduras. The aduana lady wanted to see my title. I showed her my copy (no watermark) she pulled out the sample in the book, held my title up to the light and said, "no good, its a copy. I need to see you original title." So then I had to go back to the bike and fish out my original title to show her, then she was happy.

This was the only CA border crossing where they wanted to see my title. Many people have said that you dont need a title for CA. I dont know if that's actually true or not. This is simply a data point, my personal experience.

crashmaster is offline   Reply With Quote