ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2013, 06:20 PM   #7561
Tourbus
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 107
Just closed on a house about 20 miles north of Springfield MO. Much work to do on the house.

But still need to get out and ride some, week days or weekends. Have read about Gladetop and Chadwick, both of which sound interesting. Bringing a KLR650 and Green DRZ 400 with for now street bike later.

I,m retired and looking to get away from the worst of winter weather while still having 4 seasons.

Any Meet and Greet opportunities in the Springfield area?
Tourbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 07:32 PM   #7562
studad
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 744
Sundays at 1
Wed at 5
Both at Starbucks just north of bass pro.
studad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:06 PM   #7563
MOzarkRider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 95
Anybody on here participate in the local Hare Scrambles... I know this is more of a St. Louis thread but just curious.
I know one of the local event series' is the Hillbilly GP series that kicks off Nov 3 and runs through the winter. I have never raced in any motorcycle races before and was wondering if it would be worth it for me to pay the entry fee + gate fee + other fees accumulating to what sounds like $50 for the first race and $40 for races after that. Or if it would be just as good for me to just go to Chadwick for the weekend...
05' Triumph Sprint ST
http://www.xjrider.com/
MOzarkRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 04:39 AM   #7564
studad
Studly Adventurer

Head East to Fastrax in Mtn View. It's right on Hwy 60 on the West side of town. The owner, Norm, helps a lot of guys that ride and race those. You might see him around the track in Cabool once in a while, too. Great guy, can point you in the right direction, probably.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:47 AM   #7565
jowannab
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 153
Hey mozark . the hbgp race s r TOUGH..u might check out one first...LU Place near Bolivar is Nov 3...hope this helps.......
jowannab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 03:38 PM   #7566
MOzarkRider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by studad View Post
Head East to Fastrax in Mtn View. It's right on Hwy 60 on the West side of town. The owner, Norm, helps a lot of guys that ride and race those. You might see him around the track in Cabool once in a while, too. Great guy, can point you in the right direction, probably.
Does he do suspension tuning?

I rode a couple weeks ago down at Chadwick and had a lot of fun... There really wasn't anything I couldn't handle, at least on the trails we went on... There was one that was quite challenging and we turned around but I probably could have made it, just didn't want to at the time.

I would like to go check one out, but I don't think I would get the idea unless I actually entered into one... I was going to enter the C-Sportsman class. But the dilemma is more financial then skill based... I feel like I would have just as much fun going to Chadwick or MT Forest trails and spend maximum of $7.00 for the day pass vs the $50 it would cost me to enter into the race, which I don't really plan on winning. But a little bit of competition and difficult trails may help boost my skills. Such is the quandary....
05' Triumph Sprint ST
http://www.xjrider.com/
MOzarkRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 04:25 PM   #7567
sieg
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,347
Show up at MTRA's club grounds Nov. 2th or 3rd and I'll take you on a lap of our course at the "B" class speed, for free, if you want to get a feel for it. We have our Mo. Hare Scramble Series race in the spring.
Old 10-22-2013, 05:15 PM   #7568
studad
Studly Adventurer

Don't know if he does suspension tuning or not.
I'd hook up with sieg and go from there. That sounds like a great plan.
Old 10-23-2013, 05:49 AM   #7569
cman
cman

Oddometer: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourbus View Post
Just closed on a house about 20 miles north of Springfield MO. Much work to do on the house.

But still need to get out and ride some, week days or weekends. Have read about Gladetop and Chadwick, both of which sound interesting. Bringing a KLR650 and Green DRZ 400 with for now street bike later.

I,m retired and looking to get away from the worst of winter weather while still having 4 seasons.

Any Meet and Greet opportunities in the Springfield area?
Cant speak about a meet and greet, I live 140 miles north of Springfield, but I can talk about the Glade Top and Chadwick. Glade Top in a very good ride with numerous side trail to ride. Chadwick is a great off road riding area which will keep you going back for more. The riding in general south of Springfield is in my opinion is fantastic. Both paved and dirt. Chris
cman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 12:34 PM   #7570
Spokes - Missouri
TR650 Strada, WR450

Oddometer: 32
Hillbilly GP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOzarkRider View Post
Anybody on here participate in the local Hare Scrambles... I know this is more of a St. Louis thread but just curious.
I know one of the local event series' is the Hillbilly GP series that kicks off Nov 3 and runs through the winter. I have never raced in any motorcycle races before and was wondering if it would be worth it for me to pay the entry fee + gate fee + other fees accumulating to what sounds like $50 for the first race and $40 for races after that. Or if it would be just as good for me to just go to Chadwick for the weekend...
MOzarkRider, I've ridden the HBGP for a bunch of years. I only rode the 100 miler last year though. The morning races, the one you are talking about, is over an easier course.

I'll probably ride the first two. They are within 20 minutes of my house. :)

One of the best things about the HBGPs are the people. I've made lots of good friends over the years with that series.

The courses maybe technical, but that keeps them slower, thus safer, if you should go down.

There is a forum on www.hillbillygp.com to check out.
Spokes - Missouri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 09:34 AM   #7571
Hazman27
The Haz

Oddometer: 515
KTM - Indian..

CamelBill. MrHix and others. Just some info - Big St. Charles Motorsports is carrying KTM now, I had dropped in this morning checking on some parts and was told Indian is also coming as they are going to further expand the building. Passing along the info
Hazman27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 10:13 AM   #7572
MrHix
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 368
I heard that. They are supposed to carry the street line too. Maybe they will stock some 690 parts (oil filters, oil, etc).

Cheers,

MrHix
MrHix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 11:58 AM   #7573
Hazman27
The Haz

Loose nuts ride

Anybody planning on the doing the 'Loose Nuts' ride?
Old 10-26-2013, 11:59 AM   #7574
Hazman27
The Haz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHix View Post
I heard that. They are supposed to carry the street line too. Maybe they will stock some 690 parts (oil filters, oil, etc).

Cheers,

MrHix
No street bikes yet, mainly dirt and only a handful of dual/enduro
Old 10-26-2013, 05:55 PM   #7575
CamelBill
Ride It!

Oddometer: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazman27 View Post
CamelBill. MrHix and others. Just some info - Big St. Charles Motorsports is carrying KTM now, I had dropped in this morning checking on some parts and was told Indian is also coming as they are going to further expand the building. Passing along the info
Glad to hear it. I've been asking them when they were going to carry KTM every time I've been in for the past 3 years. I guess it finally worked

Go Cards! Up 2 zip at the moment . . .
CamelBill is offline   Reply With Quote