Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2013, 11:02 AM   #1
Gelandevans OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Pissed Effing Thieves !!!

I just want to vent a little...
So yesterday morning somewhere between 7 and 10 am some little bastard walked away with my tankbag. they actually took the time to unzip it from the magnetic base and stole it.
Luckily (?) it only had breakdown stuff like tools, tubes, compressor, first aid kit etc in it and the bag itself was a little worn, but dammit now I gotta replace it and its not like that stuff would be of any use unless that person rides, which if it was a fellow rider-
"May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits" !!

Anyway word of warning fellow riders: The bastards are out there, don't leave anything on your bike!
Gelandevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 11:40 AM   #2
scootrboi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelandevans View Post
So yesterday morning somewhere between 7 and 10 am some little bastard walked away with my tankbag. they actually took the time to unzip it from the magnetic base and stole it.
Luckily (?) it only had breakdown stuff like tools, tubes, compressor, first aid kit etc in it and the bag itself was a little worn, but dammit now I gotta replace it and its not like that stuff would be of any use unless that person rides, which if it was a fellow rider-

Anyway word of warning fellow riders: The bastards are out there, don't leave anything on your bike!
That is a shame. I haven't had that experience, but my tool kit is a marvel of functional cheapness. I hope yours was too.
Old 10-26-2013, 11:53 AM   #3
Kommando
Grumpy Young Man

Oddometer: 6,933
Quote:
Crackheads/Methheads/Kidiots will steal anything and try to sell it. It doesn't necessarily have to be a rider that's doing it. That said, fellow riders steal BIKES all the time.

Quote:
Or secure it better if you don't want to take it with you. Lock it to the bike with a PacSafe net, and put an alarm on the bike. Then they're usually more likely to go somewhere else and find easier pickings.
Some are guard dogs of the flock. Some herders, search/rescue, or companions. We Devildogs are those, and also retrievers. Hell is our blazing dogpark, our frigid swimming hole. The fallen are our tennis balls. We don't leave the fallen behind, even if the master has to bring them home for us. Semper Fi, my friends.
Kommando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 01:09 PM   #4
KoolBreeze
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 609
this is the reason I'm working on additional hard luggage capacity for my bike. not that anything been stolen yet, but having owned convertibles and bikes for almost my entire adult life it's a fact that if you leave something in less than a hard container fixed in some fashion to something that weighs more than a person can carry more than a foot solo don't "count on it" being there 24/7. all it takes is a stop somewhere and a glance in another direction...

and don't get me started on pickpockets and other slight of hand artists...
KoolBreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 01:33 PM   #5
IndyChizzle
Spending more on gas

Oddometer: 727
Quote:

Where are you located and what do you need? I'm sure inmates with extra stuff would be happy to help if you let us know.
IndyChizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 03:45 PM   #6
jeveretts
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 475
I got an extra marsee tank bag you can have if you want.
It is kinda big about 15" from front to back, kind of a flat bottom. Let me know if it will work for you.

jeveretts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 06:24 PM   #7
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 19,600
There is a reason they put that zipper on there... And it isn't for the thieves.

I had a laptop taken out of a backpack strapped to my bike this Summer. Thieving Bastards SUCK!!!

Old 10-26-2013, 06:27 PM   #8
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:

"The world is full of bastards, the number increasing rapidly the further one gets from Missoula, Montana"
Old 10-26-2013, 08:11 PM   #9
khager
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 802
Wow that sucks, too bad you didn't have a live rattlesnake in there.
khager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 08:18 PM   #10
Contevita
Cigar Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,620
Quote:
Originally Posted by khager View Post
Wow that sucks, too bad you didn't have a live rattlesnake in there.
lol wtf
Contevita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 03:03 PM   #11
jeveretts
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 475
Wow, I can't even GIVE that tank bag away to a noob!
jeveretts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 05:08 AM   #12
Dave in Wi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,940
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeveretts View Post
Wow, I can't even GIVE that tank bag away to a noob!
Maybe a bigger photo would have helped?

:-)
1988 DT50
"Daddy, it's five o'clock sometime!"
Dave in Wi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 06:59 PM   #13
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in Wi View Post
Maybe a bigger photo would have helped?

:-)
Old 10-29-2013, 12:35 PM   #14
Maximus64
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
Bad deal. I havent had a bag stolen yet but, I took a proactive approach. I bought 1/8" steel cable and crimps at the hardware store. Ran the cable through a nylon loop at the back of the bag and crimped it back on itself. made a loop in the other end and ran it under the seat to a seat post that the front seat snaps down on.
May not keep it from getting stolen but, thieves are gonna have to work at it. I also don't keep anything of much value in it.
Maximus64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 01:36 PM   #15
Gripsteruser
Service Monkey

Oddometer: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus64 View Post
Bad deal. I havent had a bag stolen yet but, I took a proactive approach. I bought 1/8" steel cable and crimps at the hardware store. Ran the cable through a nylon loop at the back of the bag and crimped it back on itself. made a loop in the other end and ran it under the seat to a seat post that the front seat snaps down on.
May not keep it from getting stolen but, thieves are gonna have to work at it. I also don't keep anything of much value in it.

Don't suppose that thieves might have a knife available do you? How much work would it be to cut that nylon strap ?

I just don't let the bike out of my sight if I can't take the stuff with me.
It's really limiting but I'm paranoid for a reason. I'll eat fast food and sit close to the door with a view of the bike etc.
Gripsteruser is offline   Reply With Quote