Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2013, 09:39 PM   #2206
NateLePain
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,603
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLEARY View Post
I thought some of you might want to see what you missed on Friday. It sure was a gas!
That route from Treat to Long Pool was a blast. My son and I, came down it before the rain set in and I saw some of my track in your video. I was nervous for you, when you come up on the sloping rock shelf, particularly knowing it was raining. The camping spot there at the end, will probably be a great campsite for kids wanting to ride right out of camp. We really enjoyed riding the MG area and are looking forward to riding there again.

Thanks for sharing...nlp

10 Triumph St. Triple, '06 BMW F650GSA, '03 Honda XR70R, '03 Honda XR80R, '86 Honda TLR200 Reflex
NateLePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 07:33 PM   #2207
nanotech9
** Slidewayz **

Oddometer: 1,435
Thank you all for the good time and great fun and all the pictures... It was a great ride - glad i didn't skip out on any of it... some of it had me sweating (literally) from exertion (its a lot of work to keep 530lbs balanced out in some of that slick stuff...

Sorry I didn't hang out Saturday night after dinner... I had a headache all through dinner, then ate too much greasy food and had a rough night. I apologize for not getting up in time to ride with everyone on the way south to Lousiana... I ended up making it into Lafayette pretty late.

Great pace later in the day... Just enough for me to goof off a bit but not enough slack for me to screw up real bad :) Just right!

Sorry about all the rock slinging... I felt bad, but not bad enough to stop... hanging the ass end out on that bike is WAY too much fun, and I was just starting to get comfortable on it.

You guys rock... I'll try to make it out next spring on the KTM. The BMW was fun, but the KTM is Funner-er. lol
'04 KTM 525 EXC
'02 YAMAHA TTR 125
'99 KTM 50 ADV
'86 KTM 250 2-smoker resto-project
nanotech9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 08:50 PM   #2208
OLEARY OP
Enlightened Voyager

Oddometer: 2,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateLePain View Post
That route from Treat to Long Pool was a blast. My son and I, came down it before the rain set in and I saw some of my track in your video. I was nervous for you, when you come up on the sloping rock shelf, particularly knowing it was raining. The camping spot there at the end, will probably be a great campsite for kids wanting to ride right out of camp. We really enjoyed riding the MG area and are looking forward to riding there again.
Wow! I'm impressed with the roads that you take your son riding on. Probably has no fear huh! Good for you! He will be quite the rider when he reaches his teens!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanotech9 View Post
Thank you all for the good time and great fun and all the pictures... It was a great ride - glad i didn't skip out on any of it... some of it had me sweating (literally) from exertion (its a lot of work to keep 530lbs balanced out in some of that slick stuff...
Good to see you again Eric! Sorry you were not up to par Saturday night. It was probably all of the highway riding the night before. That would for sure give me a headache. Hope to see you again at some of next years events.
Colorado/Moab 2012
Occasionally the tree of Liberty must be watered with the blood of Patriots and Tyrants.
OLEARY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 11:55 AM   #2209
ieatcrayons
n00b

Oddometer: 8
if there are anymore rides planed for around the TAT shack. someone shoot me a message. i just picked up a xt250. i've camped a lot on Indian creek & done a lot of riding on my rhino. i am looking forward to hitting some of these trails on that bike.!
ieatcrayons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:10 PM   #2210
UncorkedXR
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by ieatcrayons View Post
if there are anymore rides planed for around the TAT shack. someone shoot me a message. i just picked up a xt250. i've camped a lot on Indian creek & done a lot of riding on my rhino. i am looking forward to hitting some of these trails on that bike.!
I'm in Conway. There will plenty of fun rides coming up. There are about 9 guys in the Little Rock area.
UncorkedXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:22 PM   #2211
sdd04
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncorkedXR View Post
I'm in Conway. There will plenty of fun rides coming up. There are about 9 guys in the Little Rock area.
I'll apologize for being off topic up front, but this reminded me of a possible situation I've got coming up.

A friend of mine is going to F1 race in Austin in November and offered to pick me up and take me if I could get to Little Rock. If anyone knows of someplace where I could park my bike and gear from the 14th to the 18th, I'd be grateful. He's coming over I-40 to I-30. Close to the interstate would be good, or I guess as long as I could grab a cab it would work.

If anyone has any ideas, please shoot me a pm. Thanks, Steve
sdd04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 09:52 PM   #2212
TRZ Charlie
That's MR. Asshole

Oddometer: 14,244
Hey Tim, you have a schedule for camping this year? You told me I didn't have an excuse because I have a new bike.
TRZ Charlie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 02:23 PM   #2213
drakehouse
Burnin' & Turnin'

Oddometer: 113
Yeah.
What Charlie said

Best to swim against the curent than float down stream
drakehouse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 09:38 PM   #2214
OLEARY OP
Enlightened Voyager

Oddometer: 2,280
I haven't made up a schedule yet but I have been thinking about it. I am thinking about Wolf Pen Gap & Caddo Gap area for March. April is the AR500 and May is SLAP. There is a dsrider in Central Arkansas whose brother owns Arrowhead Lodge at Caddo Gap and it looks like a great spot to home base out of. We could ride some of Wolf Pen Gap on Friday and do a dayride on Saturday. I should have a schedule worked up within a week or so.

Can't wait to see your new ride Charlie! I hope you are able to make some of the camping events this year. Arrowhead Lodge has cabins that are pretty reasonably priced as well. I'll be takin my toy hauler but if not I would seriously consider one of the cabins. Here is a link to the web site if anyone is interested or has some thoughts on the subject.

http://www.arrowheadcabinandcanoe.com/
Colorado/Moab 2012
Occasionally the tree of Liberty must be watered with the blood of Patriots and Tyrants.
OLEARY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 03:47 AM   #2215
TheBaconator
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
That looks like a great spot to make home base. I am already getting excited that y'all have started to plan the year out.

Where's the bacon???
Old 01-13-2014, 05:44 AM   #2216
Wookazoid
Tree Basher

Oddometer: 465
Blanchard Springs

Hey Tim, will there be a Blanchard Springs ride this year? If the weather will ever straighten out on a weekend, and I'm not out of town, I intend to go do some more exploring over that way here over the next few weeks.

Greg
Old 01-13-2014, 06:18 AM   #2217
ArkieRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 233
I'm putting together some details now for the Arrowhead Adventure Ride and Float. Just spoke to my brother and he notes weekends of March 1 or March 8 would be good weekends for them. Gets busier on into March plus spring break.

They have primitive camping and also cabins. There is also a Bunk House that has 4 rooms and each sleeps 15. That is the best deal short of tent camping. Cabins are great for familys or those that want more privacy. Would be great with Hot Springs close and racing season ongoing.

Cost for the Bunkhouse:

Cost $52.50 for 2 nights and includes canoe rental. (one float, per person of course and expected 2 in a canoe)
Cost $62.50 for 2 nights to includes a kayak. (one float)

Could make it a 3 day event like the AR500 and SLAP. Decide which day to include the float.

I may just pick one of those 2 dates and go with it. Will be posting on the ARA facebook page. Anyone have any input on those 2 dates?

ArkieRider screwed with this post 01-13-2014 at 06:25 AM
ArkieRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 06:38 AM   #2218
TheBaconator
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
My only input would be that I have drill on the 1st and 2nd of March, BUT I am but one man so if it works better for others to have it that weekend then that is fine.

Where's the bacon???
Old 01-13-2014, 07:15 AM   #2219
mdawg12
Old and Slow

Oddometer: 1,495
I was looking at Google Map trying to pick a rough route. I was hoping to get down and do some exploring. I kinda of have an ideal, but it has been a long time since I have rode some of those roads and I know a lot have been blocked off or improved. I will do some talking to the kin folk down there and may try to look around before the ride. Do you guys have any ideals? I was thinking of getting over to Albert Pike, Little Missouri Falls and over to the Look out Tower. But not familiar with current road conditions from Hopper to there.
mdawg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 07:22 AM   #2220
ArkieRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 233
Devro notes that he and others know quite a few good roads in the area... mainly big bike stuff as I think most of the small bike riding is closed. I used to camp with my family as a yougin' at Kirby Landing and Shady Lake. Did alot of riding over towards Albert Pike, Spiral Staircase ( as we called it) and such. If you are talking about the rock look out tower, I have several pics of me and my brothers on our mini trail 50 and trail 70's at the base of that tower.. I was probably 6 or 7....

I'm leaning towards doing this Ride and Float on the 8th of March... how about you mdawg... that weekend work for you.. if its something you are interested in?
ArkieRider is offline   Reply With Quote